General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've got a daft dog!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 26 Jan 2009 12:49

I've got a daft dog. Have you?

I allowed our Mastiff Gracie into the house because she was frightened of the thunderstorm outside. She was so excited to be inside. The floor's tiled and she couldn't get a grip. Her legs were going 20 to the dozen in the same spot, but she wasn't getting anywhere. Finally, she got a grip (sort of) and slid all over the room, bumping into furniture and knocking everyone off their feet.

Eventually, she made it into the kitchen and went smack-bang into the glass sliding door. She couldn't figure out what was stopping her from going outside so tried again. What a headache she must have.....................silly dog!

Deb:)

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2009 14:00

Our King Charles Spaniel is slightly mad, I think. She scratches at the patio door to go out even though we haven't let her out that way since Mum and Dad got new wallpaper about 6 years ago, probably. So we open the kitchen door and call her to come that way but she's a bit deaf so she can't hear properly. So you have to shout again. (My parents have been away for a fortnight and I noticed the other night my throat is starting to hurt.) But after 6 years she still hasn't worked out that we won't let her out of the patio door.

But she is terrified of one of our cats. I cooked salmon last night in tin foil, offered the foil to the stroppy cat and the dog just sat there too scared to go near her. If it had been the other cat, the dog would have been in there while the cat was still sniffing the foil!

BrianW

BrianW Report 26 Jan 2009 15:15

One of ours committed an illegal act this morning.

Although ten years old, he chased one of the local foxes across two fields.

He had an attack of deafness at the time to "Stop" and "Come back"

The fox got away.

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 26 Jan 2009 15:17

Ours is bone-idle and thick as two short planks!!

But we love her:)))