General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just Jean

Page 7 + 1 of 438

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sallie

Sallie Report 17 Feb 2014 19:55

Ann, I can't comment on your blog, but want to let you know, I love the cards, great ideas, they are gorgeous.

Love, Sallie.xx

Sallie

Sallie Report 17 Feb 2014 19:44

Okay thanks Jean I'll have a look as soon as I get off here.

Love, Sallie.xxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 17 Feb 2014 19:14

Sallie, have a look on Anns blog she has done some great cards that I sent her same as yours....

Sallie

Sallie Report 17 Feb 2014 18:43

Ann, pleased to know that T is feeling much better and that he could enjoy the toast he had for breakfast.

I had a look at your photo blog yesterday, love the photos of Luke, he looks a real little sweetheart.....can't get over how quickly he is growing.

Jean, maybe I can get Alun to take some photos of the cards I make, I'm hopeless at taking photos I'm afraid.lol!!!

Oh dear, I thought I had lost this post, I hadn't finished it when it just disappeared
but it had posted, thank goodness. I don't know if it's me just touching on a button without realising it or if it's this laptop. It's a blinking nuisance!

Well we went to the garden centre, but I couldn't find a metal door stop there at all.....only had the same kind that I have got already. Not sure where else to look, I felt sure that they had some there before Christmas. Never mind, I will have to look somewhere else.

Managed to buy some paper and card from the craft centre though, they have a great choice there, although not much choice in cutting dies and embossing folders.
Still, I managed to spend more than I intended to, not difficult I know.lol!!

Well, I am going to have a nice cup of tea and a raspberry scone now, so will be in touch again tomorrow.

Love, Sallie.xxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 17 Feb 2014 16:00

Slept all night so I wasnt really here yesterday seeemed to sleep all day and night..., but sorted some stuff out in my c/room, and made some cards today , I didnt know were they came from ,unless it was part of a grab bag from Range, I have taken pics so when I get them on I will pass them on, Sallie try and take pics of the cards when you make them, I am quite intrigued and I know Ann will like to see them too...
just going to have a coffee and a digestive bikkie.....

Love Jean xxx <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 17 Feb 2014 12:52

Hi Jean, glad to know that you are feeling better today and feel able to get on with your card making. Thank you for the cards, I have a couple of ideas in my head on what to do with them, whether they will work out, is another thing.lol!! Will let you know how it goes.

We are off out to the Garden Centre, we need a metal door stop for one of our living room doors, it is quite a heavy door so need something heavier than the usual kind you can get these days. I'm sure that I will have a look around the Craft Centre there too, can't resist it.lolol!!

Will speak to you all later on today.

Love, Sallie.xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Feb 2014 12:40

Sallie, yes thanks T seems much better today, even ate toast for breakfast so he can obviously open his mouth a bit wider.
Jean, hope you manage to get on with the card making today.
Sorry you felt under the weather yesterday, although it was gloriously sunny here, and seemingly also in the Lake District as daughter managed to get out to a garden of snowdrops and helebores. Do you have any snowdrop gardens near you? We hope to get to Batsford Arboretum before we go away in March but that depends on the weather.
You should go to the cinema, we have really enjoyed it when we have gone although, being half term there is nothing on here that we want to see. We like the nice films, not the violent ones. Philomena was good, and Saving Mr Banks. And now I am waiting for The Invisible Woman to come round, about the woman that Charles Dickens had an affair with.
Anyway, hope you feel better today.

Hi Mo, Huia, Marie, Sylvia hope you are all ok.

:-) :-) :-) <3

JustJean

JustJean Report 17 Feb 2014 08:23

Hi, Sallie, so pleased you are progressing nicely I wonder if one of the tubular bands that you can get as extra support for your knee, I used one some time ago and it did help and now I only use it now and then... if you are like me you will keep the die ;-)
I have my eye on a couple but my small budget I have set myself is used up for the next few weeks :-( :-( so now I am watching the tutorials on youtube some great ideas, and a couple I want to try...
J and I are toying with the idea to go to the special senior showing of morning films at our local showcase. free cuppa and bikkies too.... bet he wont do it though :-| :-|
yesterday was a queer day for me, cant fathom why , but I felt very low and so tired that I went to bed for most of the day , much better this morning, I did get fed up with the laptop, going slow and like you Sallie totally fed up losing any replys and messages on here one minute there next minute gone, so finally shut down....
I am hoping to do some cards today its raining so not worth going out .... :-D :-D :-D
now I shall have some breakfast and another cuppa. see you all later....
love Jean xx <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 16 Feb 2014 22:31

Hello ladies,

Sorry not been on here for a few days, I had started typing a message to you all on Thursday and half way through it just disappeared. On Friday had almost finished typing a long message and that just disappeared again, I must have just touched some key or other without realising I did.

Glad to see that you are all safe with the terrible wind and rain that we have been
here in Britain. I feel so sorry for the poor people in Somerset , with floods since Christmas. We have been very lucky here in SE Derbyshire, I don't know how the people that are affected around the country are coping with it all.

Yesterday, Alun,Jennie, Michael and myself were at a wedding, forgot to mention it to you all........my friends eldest son got married, he is four days younger than Richard.....his mum and I have been friends for thirty two years in April. It was lovely to see him look so happy, he's a lovely lad, so nice and unassuming and always grateful for what ever he's given
Pleased to say that the wedding went well for them.

Jean, yes thanks my leg is much better, although I still have to be careful with it as
my knee is still a bit weak.......my knee bone tends to move to the side and causes a bit of pain.

I still have to start making cards again, I need to start to concentrate on them again, which has been a bit difficult over the last few days.

I sent for the Tonic square scalloped dies and a Spellbinder die, but I ordered the wrong Spellbinder one, so don't know whether to send it back or keep it.

Alun is on holiday this coming week, half term for school. Since working part time, he has had the same holidays as when he was teaching, which is nice. He retires altogether at the beginning of April, he's looking forward to being able to do more with his model railway layout.

Ann, hope the antibiotics are working for T and that he is feeling much better and is now able to eat a lot easier.

Mo, I hope that your Vertigo is getting better and that you are improving a bit each day. Miss seeing you on here. Take care of yourself.

Elizabeth, nice to see you posting on here again, and thank you for your good wishes to us all. Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care.

Huia, sorry to hear that you have been in hospital for two days, but pleased to know that you were well enough to be discharged a day or two ago.

I can understand you wanting to get your house sorted out now, but please don't overdo it, just take it slowly. Have you got anyone that can give you a hand to sort things out?

Sylvia, glad that all is well for you and OH at the moment and hope that it continues that way for you both.

Hope that your daughter is feeling a lot better and that her and her OH are now beginning to sort things out between them.

Marie, how are things with you and your family? I hope that you are all oaky.

Will say goodnight to you all now, and hope to speak to you all tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

Love, Sallie.xxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 16 Feb 2014 08:19

Good morning Elizabeth, hope all is well with you and those you love, Have you been affected with the floods? we have been fortunate, just rain and high winds, but my heart goes out to those poor folk who are still struggling with flooding.... how does one get over that trauma? thank you for coming on now and then, take care

Mo how are you now , I hope the dizziness is behaving .... and you too, no going mad with the cleaning and especially NO painting.....
hope our Sallie is o.k. and her leg is much better....

Good on you Huia now you have started to sort your stuff out dont over do it little by little, but I can understand you wanting to be prepared in case you decide to move....
love to Marie and Sylvia too...

so far today we have a calm morning and the promise of some sunshine, but wont hold my breath ;-) ;-) ;-)

so will say bye for now, love Jean <3 <3 <3 :

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 15 Feb 2014 23:08

Dear Ladies

A small message to say hello and to say
I hope you are all safe and doing okay.

Take gentle care
My very best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Feb 2014 21:32

Hi Mo, and everyone

Good wishes to all those feeling ill. Vertigo must be horrible xxxx

all is going well here .................... fingers crossed!

We have a major wind and rain warning for later today and through the night.

take care everyone

s
xx

Huia

Huia Report 15 Feb 2014 19:51

Hello there. Yesterday morning after breakfast I went up in the attic and brought 4 boxes of material and clothes down. I have sorted a banana box full of material to go to our shop as I will never get to making it up. There is one piece of blue fluffy material that I was going to use 'some time' to make sweat pants but now I might just hem it to make a blanket. I will go up to the attic again soon, before it gets too hot, to bring down more boxes of stuff. I am really determined to get rid of as much as possible.

Best wishes to those who get dizzy and who have other problems. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Feb 2014 17:37

It has been sunny all afternoon which has brightened things up. I have nade two cards with them so far Jean. Quite difficult to know how to use them though. I will wait until I have done a couple more then put them on the blog.

Yes Luke is a bonny boy, next time we see him -- in March, he will be eight and a half months. time goes so fast.

JustJean

JustJean Report 15 Feb 2014 14:36

Just had a look Ann, he is a grand little boy and dont they grow up fast...

glad the cards arrived safely and quickly too. I hope to see your pics when you make them ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mo , my little poppet what am I going to do with you :-| :-| I will have to enrol you into the Vertigo club now, do take it easy , no sudden turns and bending down , get on of those grabbers , I pick all manner of things up with mine ;-) ;-) ;-) has the doctor mentioned doing some head exercises, I do them as soon as ifeel the dizziness coming on , and they work, but there are different forms of vertigo, mine wont work with all of them....I shared them with a friend and she had no change at alll... so its trial and error I am afraid..... take extra care lovey.

love and hugs to Huia and also Sylvia hope you both feel much better....

rain, rain and more rain here and cold too.... think I will go back to bed :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Feb 2014 13:12

Ooh now I am talking to myself.

Jean, thank you for the cards I shall look forward to using them.

Just been to the garden centre. They gave us 10% off in the cafe for supporting them as they have had little custom the last few days because the access road in one direction (A38 Gloucester to tewkesbury) was closed Gloucester end so they lost trade.

Bought a couple of books in the garden centre but had to pay cash as there phone lines were down. A large fir tree had come down overnight in the field behind them and taken the phone lines out. It just missed their roof too.

Very windy here last night but no damage here. :-) :-)

A couple of new photos of Luke on the photo blog if anyone is interested.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Feb 2014 21:00

Huia, take care of yourself and hopefully there will be no reoccurrence, Mo sorry to hear about the vertigo, hope it is better tomorrow. :-) <3

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 14 Feb 2014 19:37

Hello everyone,
Sorry I have not been on for a few days, but have had a bit of the dreaded vertigo.
I haven't read whats been happening on here, but hopefully will be able to read back tomorrow, as the dizziness is not quite as bad today, and the words are not so blurry.
Take care all, love to you all, Mo xxx

Huia

Huia Report 14 Feb 2014 05:55

Hello girls. I have just had an unexpected 2 days and nights in hospital. I had a couple of minor symptoms (feeling faint, just briefly, one day and the next having numbness going up the fingers of my right hand in waves for several hours). The doc gave me a good going-over and then rang the charge nurse at the hospital to ask what she thought. Nurse said 'send her through straight away'. It was a suspected minor stroke. The hospital took blood tests, kept checking my BP, asking me to push them and pull them and all sorts of things, then the second day they gave me a head scan. It did show some small spots which might just be an age thing or could be signs that I have had some mini strokes at some time. The finally turned me loose at lunch time today and I was allowed to get the train back to Papakura and pick up my vehicle and drive home, but if I have any more symptoms I have to go back, and no more driving. Very difficult when I live 25 mins from town with no public transport. At least I have now got the message that I really must get stuck into clearing out junk in case I have to sell up and move. Over the past couple of months I have done very little as I have felt so lethargic. Perhaps that was one of the symptoms. Anyway, I feel fine at present.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2014 14:33

It was very windy in this area but I don't think it was as bad as it was further north. No damage here anyway thank goodness.

Glad you were able to see C on Saturday Jean. Rotten journey for D yesterday then, so tiring for her after working. Large lorries should have been banned as soon as the forecast was known with those winds.

Had to go out early this morning and wait an hour for Tony to be able to re-visit the dentist. As I think you know, he had a tooth out Tuesday. Since then he has hardly been able to open his mouth or swallow with swollen gland on that side. today back to the dentist and it is an infection (as I said yesterday when I wanted him to go to the dentist then!!!!! men!!!) So now he has anti biotics and I hope that cures it because bear and sore head don't even come near!

I am running out of ideas for 'slop' for dinner, we've had savoury mince and rice, bolognese mince sauce and mashed potatoes and tonight it is fish pie. Having said that he couldn't even eat weetabix this morning so that went out for the birds. He is not sleeping either, which means neither am I!!! I so hope these antiBs work fast. And I admire the patience of those who wear a carers hat. I did have a chuckle this morning though when I realised the dentist's receptionist was addressing me instead of him about seeing the dentist. Now I know how carers and their charges feel!!