General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 0 + 1 of 3820

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Huia

Huia Report 17 Apr 2014 02:44

Sue, this road that I am on is unsealed and it is always bad, particularly when the grader driver has been and scraped the metal off one side and put it into the ditch on the other side. He did about 3 quarters of a km or so on Tuesday and he hasn't been back to finish the job so I presume his grader needs urgent maintenance. The corrugations are always bad on the road. But at least the road is sealed when once I get down to the neighbour's, half a km away, and then all the way to town. The only problem is trees or branches falling on the road. But up from us we also have problems with slips.

I should add that when I saw he was working up our road on Tues. I went down the drive and dug out the culvert, hoping he would take the hint and not fill it up again as he did once before. I shouldn't have to be doing such things at my age. He doesn't seem to know anything about culverts and watertables. My dad was county engineer all my life, so I do understand about them.

The sun is trying to shine, so I might go to town soon.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Apr 2014 23:19

Are the roads bad when there is a lot of rain Huia?

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 23:04

I had intended to go to town to do a little shopping today but I think it can wait until another day. Yes, I know tomorrow is Good Friday so the shops will be shut (I expect) but I have plenty of milk powder (was going to get milk) and fruit (also wanted more bananas) but they are not urgent. I will survive without them as I have plenty of other fruit, including dried apricots and prunes.

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 23:01

Some parts of Auckland were without power this morning. The paper said it is the tail end of Ita.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Apr 2014 22:50

We are finally having some sunshine but the threat of rain is always there. I have some beautiful Autumn dahlias and the rain has knocked them about. However I shouldn't complain. Ita has caused so much damage. I guess you're getting your bad weather from the cyclone, Huia.

Diane

Diane Report 16 Apr 2014 22:43

Hello Huia :-)

the weather sound's awful :-(
I hope there isn't any damage done by Cyclone Ita.

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 22:37

Cooee back, from a wet and windy Auckland area. Why couldn't Queensland have kept cyclone Ita? The rain is blowing almost horizontally past my windows. I did go down the drive in a brief pause to clear the ditch at the side of the drive. I was wearing my wet weather gear but the parka hood never stays on my head so my hair and neck are now damp. At least the ditches are now (temporarily, I am sure) clear to let the water run freely in the right place.

Diane

Diane Report 16 Apr 2014 22:36

Coooeeee Sue :-D

How are thing's with you today ?

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Apr 2014 22:24

Cooooeeeeee!!!!

Diane

Diane Report 16 Apr 2014 02:00

Hello :-)

here I am late again :-(

Berona thank you for not scolding me :-D
After I left my job Neil's mum had 3 carer's doing my job probably because none of them were able to put in the same amount of time as I could.
She has now moved to the Isle-of Man so that she is near her older son, she has never been in touch since she moved over there. I did bump into her a couple of time's when she was shopping in Sainsbury's and before she moved I called to her house to give her a card wishing her and Neil well in their new home.

Tec hope all goes well with your hospital appointment and that you have a fun time at the garden centre, enjoy your meal and day out and I hope the sun shine's for you :-)

Sue glad to hear they took on board your suggestion at the meeting and hope they put it in to practice :-)

Linda I hope the frost doesn't do any damage to the thing's you have planted out.

Hello Amanda ~~~~~~ hope all is well with you, you sound as though you are very busy with the allotment and I bet you have a lot of little helper's while they are off school for the Easter hol's :-)

~~~~~~ to Mersey, looking forward to our meet when we arrange it :-)

Huia I love your avator and I will have a look on your FB page to see the other's :-)

Time to go to bed before the sun get's up :-D :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 23:31

Goodnight Tec - enjoy your day tomorrow <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 23:28

Goodnight Amanda <3

Fish are relaxing to watch - I think that's why a lot of doctors' surgeries have them. One of our neighbours has a huge tank that runs the length of a wall. He has a small shark with other exotic fish. My nephew also has a fish tank - he likes the Siamese fighting fish :-0

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:25

Well this Milo has gone home,

and I'm off to bed - busy day tomorrow,

Enjoy your day Sue, hope the sun shines for you.

Goodnight,
Tec, :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:23

Thank you Amanda,

Milo his doing well, but I suppose we all slow down eventually.

Goodnight, sleep well, :-)

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 23:20

Good night Linda , sweet dreams .

Tec , it is more a case of Milo walking at my pace these days :-) All things considered , he has done very well , he broke a front leg as a pup , running full pelt into a groin on the beach , he limps these days but in his prime he could turn like the wind .

I'm going to say " cheerio " for now , I hope it all goes well for you at the hospital tomorrow and have fun in the garden centre :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:20

I think fish are very relaxing to watch Sue - and I don't like hamsters :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 23:17

Goodnight Linda <3

We have had fish but it was a passing fad when the children were younger.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:13

Goodnight Linda - sleep well,

Well your Milo is still doing it Amanda, one foot in front of the other. I suppose you have to walk at his pace now though :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:11

Amanda - Linda has a wonderful method of jam making, it really works, and is so easy - I'm sure that she would share it with you :-)

I like that - millions fish :-D certainly appropriate

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 23:10

It was such a warm day, it is lulling us into thinking summer is here

I am turning in now,so goodnight everyone