General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 0 + 1 of 3960

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 23 Aug 2014 08:23

Yes they were all sick Sue, runny noses abounded

I have slept well and am trying to summon the energy to get up. I have an eye test this morning, but I can't remember what time so I need to go and look. OH is still asleep or I would send him to look

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Aug 2014 23:03

This time I've missed Tec :-0. Goodnight <3

Hope you are feeling well, Linda. Did you leave a sick household?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Aug 2014 23:02

Goodnight, sleep well

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 22 Aug 2014 22:55

Well I think I will go to bed now, as I am tired.

Sleep well Linda, when you get there,

Enjoy your Saturday Sue,

Goodnight,
Tec :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 22 Aug 2014 22:42

Yes I am getting someone in to do the decorating, but I thought if I got the walls stripped, he can come in and get on with the painting.
I am having the walls emulsioned, not re-papered.

I want the hall doing as well.

I do have a steamer, but the paper has a sort of finish on it that's not absorbent, so water runs off it.
The steamer will shift the lining paper in a jiffy, but not sure that I can cope with it now - may be better off with a sponge.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Aug 2014 22:35

I am not surprised you are tired. I thought you were getting someone to do the decorating for you

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 22 Aug 2014 22:22

You must have needed the sleep - probably is the bug, but you have been very busy lately. I am tired this evening.

My SIL can take stuff away quickly, including items not fit for sale that they also get paid for.

I think I will send the better quality items to the Air Ambulance, perhaps my neighbour will drop them off for me.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Aug 2014 22:07

I have already been asleep. I closed my eyes this afternoon on the sofa and woke up two hours later on, I have just done the same this evening, I still feel really tired now. It must be the bug I suppose.

You need a wallpaper steamer Tec. My brother has one and we borrowed it to use at my sons, it is much better than the old fashioned wetting of the walls.

I think the air ambulance sounds better as well, maybe if you phoned the local branch someone could collect your bags. On the other hand people are passionate about cats and you could get the bags out of the way quickly

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 22 Aug 2014 21:09

Hello, :-)

It was a nice sunny day here too, but rather cool, and still a stiff wind. I did manage to get a pair of sheets washed and dried on the line though.

Spent a couple of hours sorting more of the Duchess's clothes out. So much of it, I am overwhelmed really.
My SIL works for a cat rescue charity. They have charity shops, so much of it can go there. I would prefer it went to the Air Ambulance Service locally, but have no means of getting it there.

Having got tired of sorting clothes out, I started stripping wallpaper in the bedroom - adding to the chaos :-D.
Lots of it just pulled off, leaving the backing paper behind, that will have to be wetted first.

This evening Asda delivered my grocery order, now all put away.

There will be lots of visitors around, as this is the last Bank Holiday weekend. Next week the schools will be re-opening, so most of the visitors will return to wherever, and we can all go back to sleep until April :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Aug 2014 11:18

His mum was the same at his age :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Aug 2014 11:00

Poor Joel, fancy forcing him to wear a fairy dress, no wonder he was embarrassed

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Aug 2014 10:29

It wasn't so boring because the little ones all looked so cute and Aimee looked lovely dressed as a mermaid. Joel looked embarrassed :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Aug 2014 09:10

Now,now Sue, show more enthusiasm please :-D

I am home and it is a nice sunny morning, which is good as I have Meals on Wheels to do.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 21 Aug 2014 22:28

Sounds very interesting Sue :-)

Hope you enjoy it - have fun :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 21 Aug 2014 22:17

Hello everyone :-D

Can't stay to chat this morning. It's Book Week and the children have a book parade. They dress up as their favourite characters and walk around carrying their book while we sit in the cold and try to look enthusiastic :-D

Talk later <3

Berona

Berona Report 21 Aug 2014 11:41

Sounds like a well-attended memorial, Huia. You and Phil must be well respected to have had so many there. I'm pleased it went off well and you sound like you are happy with it too.That's good to know.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Aug 2014 01:25

Huia .....

that sounds like a wonderful well-attended event for Phil

It is always so nice to hear lovely things about the ones we love.

Phil was obviously well-respected by his peers.

xxxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Aug 2014 01:18

Hi Sue, and everyone

Tec is very understanding, isn't he :-)

Linda ....... sorry to hear the whole household is now down with the dread lurgy. I hope you get better quickly.

I've heard that the UK is having some cold weather

It is cooler here ................... around 20 / 22C in the daytime ........ and so much more pleasant that that hot weather.

The nights are still around 16/17C though ........... so I have the 2 fans on all night.

take care everyone

s
x

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Aug 2014 23:51

It's good that you are so understanding Tec :-D

Goodnight Tec - sleep well <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 20 Aug 2014 23:50

Well I have to go to bed now,

Enjoy the day Sue, hope the weather's fine,

Goodnight,