General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 1 + 1 of 3820

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 23:10

It was such a warm day, it is lulling us into thinking summer is here

I am turning in now,so goodnight everyone

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 23:09

Our Milo is 13 now , bless him , he is getting ather wobberly legs ( we call them Elvis legs ) . He doesn't run about much on his walks anymore and prefers to just plod along between us . <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:08

Hope the things you planted out will be ok Linda. Difficult with such warm days, and quite cold nights.

I saw the first swallow today :-) that's a good sign

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 23:07

That's the one Tec , OH had recorded it . he is watching intently as they are making jam .
The nickname for Guppies is " millons fish " :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 23:06

We will watch that on the i player tomorrow

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:05

I forgot that you also had a dog called Milo Amanda :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:04

Glad everyone is well Amanda,

I had guppies once, mine bred like rabbits as I remember :-D

There was an allotment challenge programme on earlier this evening here, it was quite interesting - they had a radish growing contest :-D

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 23:04

Our Milo is sprawled out on the sofa , on his back with a cushion on top of him .....it's a dogs life :-)

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 23:01

Tec , we are all well , thank you :-) The kids are enjoying there time off school / nursery school .
I hope you find a suitable fish tank . I have a little one in the kitchen . I like guppies :-D They are very easy little fish .

I'm being distracted by the television , OH has the " allotment challange " programme on .

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 23:01

I have had a tank before Linda, yes they do take some looking after, but nice to keep, so long as they are kept clean.

Milo is curled up on my foot :-) it is nice sharing him, and not having to feed him, or pay the vets fees :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 22:57

We used to keep fish at one time, I think they are pretty, but they still take some looking after

It sounds like you have a dog anyway Tec

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:56

Hello Linda,
It is a pity people can't/won't take their rubbish with them - I don't understand it.

Sue it's good that your idea was accepted, just hope it gets put into practice :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 22:53

OH had a follow up appointment yesterday and the doctor is very pleased - it's OH who is impatient :-D

I spoke to the committee about sharing the different responsibilities around and it was agreed that this is a good idea. I asked for that to be put in the minutes :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:52

Hello Sue,

I'm sure I will enjoy the garden centre - how could I not :-D

With an eye to the future, I will also look at their tropical fish dept. I've decided to have a fish tank put in before the winter. As I can't have a dog, I can at least have fish :-D they don't need walking.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 22:52

Hello, a flurry of people

Have a lovely day tomorrow Tec

I am sure you will be busy today Sue, weeding the veggie plot for your OH :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:48

Hello Amanda,

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Once the hospital appointment is out of the way, we can go for lunch in the garden centre, then look around. A lovely day out. :-)

Hope that you and everyone are well, and the children enjoying the holiday :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 22:45

Hello Tec - enjoy the garden centre and a day out with your daughter :-D

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 22:45

Hello Sue and Tec .

Sue I hope OHs knee is soon better and that the surgery was successful . <3

Tec , enjoy the garden centre :-) will you be looking for anything in particular ?

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 22:42

Hello Linda , I hope you don't get nobbled by the frost , we have had to plant out the sweet corn already :-0 it was going away so fast in the polytunnel that it was breaking out of the pots ! Potatoes are up , peas are in , as are the climbing beans . Fingers crossed that the nights are not TO cold :-S

I hope Esme and Eve are both getting along okay :-)

Yes , one more week to go here of the kids being off school and then it should go reasonably quiet again .......lol

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:40

Hello Everyone, :-)

Just popped in to say that my daughter is here, and tomorrow she is taking me to Shrewsbury, to the hospital, and then the garden centre - whoopee.

Milo is here this evening as his mother has gone out, and he doesn't like being left, big nelly.