General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 3 + 1 of 3828

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:12

It was chilly here as well, I wore my coat this morning to go to the market

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:10

I don't know about make my eyes boggle, some blew my mind :-D

It was strangely quiet on the seafront for a holiday weekend, but it was a bit chilly to hang around for long.
Generally, the area is very busy. All the B&Bs are fully booked right through

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:02

Hello Tec, did the ladies make your eyes boggle?

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 20:45

Hello Everyone, :-)
Good Evening Linda,

It was another lovely day here, though there was a chilly breeze, and you needed a jacket, or heavy jumper.
My brother, and his OH visited. He did a little cementing job on the backyard for me. Then we went to look at the sea/beach at Fairthingy - land of exotic Indian cuisine, and exotic ladies :-D
My daughter and SIL are coming tomorrow. We are going to visit the Duchess.
Sadly, being diabetic, we can't take her an Easter egg.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 20:18

Good evening :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 09:41

Good morning Mersey,

I am sure that you can come back from Coventry now :-D

I will sort some photos out Carole. I am just about to start my weekly commute to play Mary Poppins, although this week we are only going by car on Tuesday and coming back on Thursday evening. I have lots of stuff to take down and leave. After that, I will be going on the train every Monday afternoon and coming back on Thursday evening. I will only need to take a shoulder bag, so it will be easier. This will go on until mid September when Esme gets her nursery place

It is cloudier here this morning, but we will still be off to the market square soon

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Apr 2014 09:02

Hi Sue :-D <3 You know I only make coffee and breakfast in here on a Sunday ;-) ;-) you know you loves me really, Can I come out of Coventry now I don't like it much

Tec and Duchess as always <3

Linda have a lovely day <3

Hi Carole long time no speak, hope all is well with you <3

Special ~~~~~s to Persie, Berona, Diane, Huia, Amanda, Sylvia, and to all others not mentioned.....

<3 <3 <3 HAPPY EASTER <3 <3 <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Apr 2014 08:18

Hello Elizabeth - it is always so nice to see you on here <3 My very best wishes to you and your family.

Hello Carole - I also like halving new potatoes and baking them with a little oil and garlic. Very quick and easy. Actually that's what we are having this evening with crumbed pork steaks......yummo :-D

The daffodils are lovely but I can't take credit for them - I bought them ready potted with buds. It didn't take long for the buds to open. I guess they are forced bulbs because they certainly aren't growing in gardens.

Happy Easter everyone - not too much chocolate ;-)

Carolee

Carolee Report 19 Apr 2014 06:46

Hello everyone,

Happy Easter to you and your family Elizabeth :-)

Hello Berona, I hope you are keeping well <3

Linda, hello <3 How are your little girls? I haven't seen any recent photos for a while. hint hint :-)

Sue, your dafs were just beautiful :-) You always have much better weather up there, its more tropical really isn't it :-)

Tec, the chips are easy to make :-) You don't have to peel them either, but wash them first. Just cut the potatoes into wedges, throw them in a bowl and lightly cover them in olive oil. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, so they don't stick to the tray and cook until they are nice and lightly browned, turning so they get evenly browned. They taste like the chips my mum used to cook in the deep fryer with oil, just a tad healthier.

Carole

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Apr 2014 23:50

Dear Australian cousins and friends

Hello

Hope you are doing okay.

To wish you ALL a peaceful and contented Easter and
renewed hope for the coming season.

Peace be with you, in your homes and with your families.

Take gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 18 Apr 2014 23:16

Goodnight my friends sleep well <3 <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 18 Apr 2014 23:14

I must also go to bed now,

Enjoy your day Sue,

Sleep well Linda,
Goodnight,
Tec :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 18 Apr 2014 23:12

:-D :-D :-D

I know - but I do still wear my tie in bed :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Apr 2014 23:12

That is a silly but good idea Sue :-D

Well, I am off to bed now, so goodnight everyone

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 18 Apr 2014 23:09

Oh dear Tec :-( Perhaps you can glue some cups to their saucers. Then they won't wobble :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Apr 2014 23:08

Oh dear Tec, things are indeed going downhill :-(

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 18 Apr 2014 23:04

I s hould like you all to know, that at this very late stage in my life I have resorted to using mugs, instead of cup and saucer. :-0

Standards are falling alas :-(

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 18 Apr 2014 22:59

It's ok - OH has just delivered a cup :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Apr 2014 22:58

Well you should get up earlier Sue, you have missed it

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 18 Apr 2014 22:57

I could make coffee Sue, but I may be some time - then spill it on the way back :-D

Smile nicely at Linda, she makes nice coffee :-) as you know