General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 4 + 1 of 3830

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:04

Hello Diane, I don't mind the long distance trains, but I have a train, underground train, another train and a bus to get there. It is a bit of a trek

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:03

Hello Diane, I don't mind the long distance trains, but I have a train, underground train, another train and a bus to get there. It is a bit of a trek

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:00

Hello Diane,

A very happy Easter to you too :-) thank you.

I didn't actually go on the beach - can you imagine getting a wheelchair through wet sand, even dry sand :-D content to just look at it.
I never was a beach person, having been to some of the most famous beaches in the world - mostly overated in my opinion :-)

Would prefer to walk through a forest any day :-)

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 21:55

Good evening you two :-)

Happy Easter to everyone hope you all have a nice weekend <3

Linda you are going to be busy with your traveling over the next 5 month's, you will be sick and tired of trains by september.
When I used to visit my dad once a week before he died I had to get 3 train's there and 3 train's back in one day :-(

Tec it is nice to hear that you were able to get to the beach, I hope you have a nice time with your daughter visiting the Duchess, please wish her and your daughter a Happy Easter from us all :-)

I don't have an easter egg either :-(

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:49

I like weird, strange, eccentric, even insane. There are too many normal people around in my opinion :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:45

Well, I wouldn't want to say ---but :-D :-D :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:43

As you know, I can make a bar of chocolate last for months :-D.
Chocolate bought for me at Christmas, is still around at Easter. I don't know anyone else with this restraint - maybe I am weird :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:39

I don't know how you couldn't eat it, it wouldn't last long here :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:38

I won't have a conscience about it. Doesn't mean to say I don't appreciate my sister's kindness any less.
I think my daughter will appreciate the egg more than me :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:35

Problem solved, you just have to live with your guilty conscience :-D :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:34

Actually that is a good idea - because I am likely to sit looking at that egg for weeks before opening it, and I do have chocolate here.
It is cheating, but as you say, they will never know. ;-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:29

I think it is too late to worry about my figure :-( :-(

You could be naughty and give your daughter the egg your sister got for you, they would never know

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:27

I understand that he does his "offerings"on his walks, which are dutifully picked up of course. He will be getting his usual two walks a day.

It is sad that you don't have an egg, but think it would only spoil your figure, then you won't be sad :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:25

At least you can let him out in the back yard and he can't get out. I hope he doesn't leave you any offerings :-(

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:21

My daughter may bring me an egg, but I don't have one for her. I have got a lovely big egg from my sister in Doncaster, via my brother today - he was under instruction to get it :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:19

It was warm enough if you could find a sheltered spot out of the wind.

Tomorrow we are expecting some rain and cloud.

My neighbour is going to a funeral on the Isle of Wight on Thursday, and will be away for a few days. So the lady who runs the village shop and I are sharing taking care of Milo. He will stay with her at night, and spend the days with me while she is in the shop - I will have to get up early, as she has to get the papers ready in the shop :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:18

Will your daughter bring you an egg? I don't have one, it isn't fair

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:12

It was chilly here as well, I wore my coat this morning to go to the market

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 21:10

I don't know about make my eyes boggle, some blew my mind :-D

It was strangely quiet on the seafront for a holiday weekend, but it was a bit chilly to hang around for long.
Generally, the area is very busy. All the B&Bs are fully booked right through

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 21:02

Hello Tec, did the ladies make your eyes boggle?