General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 6 + 1 of 3825

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 22:57

We used to keep fish at one time, I think they are pretty, but they still take some looking after

It sounds like you have a dog anyway Tec

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:56

Hello Linda,
It is a pity people can't/won't take their rubbish with them - I don't understand it.

Sue it's good that your idea was accepted, just hope it gets put into practice :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 22:53

OH had a follow up appointment yesterday and the doctor is very pleased - it's OH who is impatient :-D

I spoke to the committee about sharing the different responsibilities around and it was agreed that this is a good idea. I asked for that to be put in the minutes :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:52

Hello Sue,

I'm sure I will enjoy the garden centre - how could I not :-D

With an eye to the future, I will also look at their tropical fish dept. I've decided to have a fish tank put in before the winter. As I can't have a dog, I can at least have fish :-D they don't need walking.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 22:52

Hello, a flurry of people

Have a lovely day tomorrow Tec

I am sure you will be busy today Sue, weeding the veggie plot for your OH :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:48

Hello Amanda,

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Once the hospital appointment is out of the way, we can go for lunch in the garden centre, then look around. A lovely day out. :-)

Hope that you and everyone are well, and the children enjoying the holiday :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 22:45

Hello Tec - enjoy the garden centre and a day out with your daughter :-D

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 22:45

Hello Sue and Tec .

Sue I hope OHs knee is soon better and that the surgery was successful . <3

Tec , enjoy the garden centre :-) will you be looking for anything in particular ?

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 22:42

Hello Linda , I hope you don't get nobbled by the frost , we have had to plant out the sweet corn already :-0 it was going away so fast in the polytunnel that it was breaking out of the pots ! Potatoes are up , peas are in , as are the climbing beans . Fingers crossed that the nights are not TO cold :-S

I hope Esme and Eve are both getting along okay :-)

Yes , one more week to go here of the kids being off school and then it should go reasonably quiet again .......lol

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 15 Apr 2014 22:40

Hello Everyone, :-)

Just popped in to say that my daughter is here, and tomorrow she is taking me to Shrewsbury, to the hospital, and then the garden centre - whoopee.

Milo is here this evening as his mother has gone out, and he doesn't like being left, big nelly.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 15 Apr 2014 22:36

Hello everyone :-D

Nice to see you Amanda :-). OH has had surgery on his knee so is a bit uncomfortable at the moment and bored.

Obviously lots of children at the Lego movie, Linda. Haven't they learned to take their rubbish with them?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 22:19

Hello Amanda

OH spent all afternoon planting things out on the allotment, there is a frost tonight, so I hope it will be OK

You must be very busy during the holidays, one more week to go here.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 Apr 2014 22:13

Hello everyone .

Linda , belated " Happy birthday " to you :-D I hope you had a lovely day .

Huia , you moon photo is great . I was awe stuck at the moon this evening , I'd just come out of the swimming pool with my daughter and the full moon was just beginning to rise , it looked much larger than usual and particully stunning .

Tec , I hope your ticking along okay , it must have been wonderful to see the " little fan club " and their Mum , I hope they are all getting along okay .
It is good to see that " the Duchess " is seeming more settled <3

Sue , I am guessing your OH is still having trouble with his knee :-( I can imagine how annoyed he must be about the veg plot but at least it is the end of the growing season and not the start , weeds at the end are a bother but not a catastrophy .
I hope you daughter has managed to sort out your Mothers banking issues . I don't like the sound of the " helpful neighbor " at all ! :-|

Diane , I hope your getting along okay , it is nice to see you posting .

~~~~ to Berona , Persie , Sylvia and all .

It is the holidays here and what with the kiddies being about more and the allotments in full swing , with the early spring , I'm finding I don't have enough hours in the day :-S

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 21:51

It was the Lego movie, hoards of kids and a terrible mess to clear up at the end :-(

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Apr 2014 15:55

I think the red moon was visible in the US.

It is a glorious day here, we opened the patio door at lunchtime. OH had to chase a visiting bird out, then there was an almighty thud as a bird hit the open door. It must have been carrying a load of mud and twigs because they were all over the floor. The glass was caked in mud and it was on the curtain linings. It took me ages to clear up
:-(

We are on cinema duty tonight, so I will look in later on

Huia

Huia Report 15 Apr 2014 09:59

Good evening to the Aussies and good morning to the up-toppers, and of course Sylvia whenever she gets up.

How do you like my new avatar? I took quite a few photos of the lunar eclipse tonight (said to be a blood red moon, but it didn't look blood red to me when it was completely eclipsed, more of a dark muddy colour). I put some of the other photos on my FB page for those who are on there.

Berona

Berona Report 15 Apr 2014 07:53

Diane - I'm not going to scold you for not going to bed. I only did that when you were working and leaving home early in the mornings. BTW - have you heard anything of Neil or his mother since you finished that job? It would be interesting to know what was done once they didn't have you there any more.

Diane

Diane Report 14 Apr 2014 22:40

:-( to late with my post.

Good night Linda and Tec sleep well.

Sue I hope your meeting goes well and you get load's of volunteer's :-D

Diane

Diane Report 14 Apr 2014 22:38

Hello everyone :-)

Sue that is awful, good job your daughter was around to discover this.
Don't you just get so angry hearing of people taking advantage of elderly people :-|

Linda I'm guessing you are back home after your birthday weekend, nice to see you have had such a lovely time :-)

Tec I'm glad your visit today with the Duchess was a better one, hope all goes well with your hospital visit :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 14 Apr 2014 22:37

Goodnight Linda and Tec <3 <3