General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 8 + 1 of 4071

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 21:25

What are you cooking with Eve?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 21:24

I am back.

I just went to weigh out some ingredients so I can do some cooking with Eve. It is easier to sort it out here, so she can just tip and stir

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 21:04

See you later

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 21:03

I just need to go and sort something out I will be back in about ten minutes

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:53

I've got lots of the usual baubles, but a few are rather special that I bought in America,, and then there is box of beautiful little wooden toys that were hand made in Germany.
I'll keep those to pass on to my daughter, but the rest can go.

Shame the little fan club have moved away, they would have loved them :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:49

A fibre optic tree will be very jolly. You can always put all your baubles around the bottom, or they look nice on the mantlepiece.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:45

I think it will look ok - I have lots of bulbs to plant in pots and tubs in the back too.

Going to Shrewsbury next week to the hospital. There is a big nursery nearby, so I'll go there for lunch and pick up a few plants.

I also want to buy a Christmas tree with fibre optic lights that I just have to take out of the box and plug in.
I've always spent two days dressing the tree with lots of lights and masses of decorations, but can't be bothered anymore.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:39

That will look nice

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:36

Yes he did - he fastened three window box type troughs to the rails of the ramp. I will plant them up with winter pansies, polyanthus, and bulbs for the Spring.

Crocus and tete a tete narcissi

just to take the starkness of the ramp

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:32

Did your brother do all your jobs?

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:29

Well there has to be a couple, and the men were nearly as pretty as the girls it has to be said :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:27

I think I noticed a couple

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:21

Were there men?...........didn't notice :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:20

I assume you mean the ladies, not the men :-D :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 20:18

Well yes................ :-D

how did you guess?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 20:17

It is the costumes you like :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 25 Oct 2014 19:35

Fair play - that was a wicked samba :-D

and another one :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Oct 2014 10:08

I love Bonsia trees, but they are so expensive. I had a sort of Bonsai look alike, a cheap one which I was given for a present, I kept it going for about fifteen years before it suddenly died off.

A couple of years ago, I was given one for Xmas which had been bought in a supermarket, my son was given one as well by the same person, they both died straight away which was a shame as the label said they were six or seven years old to start off with.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Oct 2014 04:17

some Chinese guy wanted to give his collection of many old penjing to the Botanical garden where I worked around 1990/91

that's a Chinese form of bonsai

after much thought, it was decided that the offer should be turned down ............... although all our gardeners and horticulturists were well-trained, and had all their "papers", none of them knew anything about maintaining bonsai of any style, and certainly did not have the time to spend maintaining such a collection.

The collection was given to the Dr Sun Yat Sen Garden here, and is till on display there. Most of the specimens are over a century old.

So the collection went to

Persephone

Persephone Report 25 Oct 2014 02:25

and we walked to a dairy and got the morning paper and an ice-cream. :-)