General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW UPDATE 10th June

Page 0 + 1 of 42

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 26 Nov 2009 08:38

Sure could do with some positive thoughts, prayers and a few hugs..........
My OH was putting some paint in the attic last night and slipped on the ladder, he went over the bannister and landed near the bottom of the stairs, to cut a long story short he has broken some ribs, has a punctured lung and broken two bones in the back of his neck ( thank god it wasn't the spinal cord).they were giving him morphin as he was in so much pain and when l left the hospital at 3.o.clock this morning they were taking him to the intensive care unit.
What made it worse was the paint he was putting in the attic went all over the stairs and him and the poor ambulance men were also covered.
l managed to doze in the chair for a couple of hours but am feeling so down this morning, l know my friends on here will send those thoughts to get my Husband on the road to recover.
Sorry if some of you donot agree with me adding this but needed someone to talk to. X

Just popped home for something to eat and to try and get my head round the lastest news.............. My husband (Eddie) has had the ct scan and he has broken 3 bones in his back as well as the other breaks, they are going to operate on his spine today or tomorrow , am still waiting for them to decide and they are not sure if the can do it at Portsmouth or he might have to be transfered to Southampton, the only bit of good news is that he can move his legs and arms so God willing that nothing moves in his back he should be ok, l am going to be positive, he is going to come out of this walking.
I haven't had time to read all the messages on here but l will when l come in tonight, from the bottom of my heart THANKYOU, xxxx

Crystalcat

Crystalcat Report 26 Nov 2009 08:43

Oh Mummo So sorry to hear you are feeling down sending you hugs ((( HUGS))))

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 26 Nov 2009 08:47

Ahhhh Mummo I am so very sorry for what happened and am sending my best wishes to OH for speedy recovery.

And a special hug (and I don't normally do hugs) to you. You must be feeling so desolate.

BCXX

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 26 Nov 2009 08:50

How awful !!!!! Your poor OH !!!!!

Sending gentle (((hugs))) and best wishes to him ..hope he makes a swift recovery.

And (((hugs))) too for you xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 26 Nov 2009 08:51

Oh dear lord, doesn't do things by halves does he? you poor things :O(

Why oh why do they insist on putting loft access on landings - so dangerous - mines in the bathroom, but i still managed to fall off the ladder into the bath once lol

Sending lots of (((hugs))) and PT's and good luck with the clean up too .................. **eek**

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 26 Nov 2009 08:58

so sorry to hear this
sending you both prayers and positive thoughts and hope your husband gets better soon
and a hug for you x

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 26 Nov 2009 09:00

Sending you and OH positive thoughts and prayers
take care and look after yourself
(((((((((HUG))))))))
Jenxx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Nov 2009 09:00

Oh Mummo I hope things go well.

Valerie

Valerie Report 26 Nov 2009 09:08

I am really sorry to hear about your OH's accident. Wishing him well and thinking of you both.

Val.

*~~*Posh*~~*

*~~*Posh*~~* Report 26 Nov 2009 09:34

Thinking of you and your OH, Mummo.

I hope he recovers quickly. xx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Nov 2009 09:43

Ouch!! so sorry Mummo to hear about your OH and hope he gets well really quickly.
Mau (XX)

Julie

Julie Report 26 Nov 2009 09:57

OMD's.....glad it's not too serious

TC

jgee

jgee Report 26 Nov 2009 09:58

So sorry mummo .. sending prayers and positive thoughts for your hubby and you ..

you talk all you like mummo xx

god bless xx

jgee xx

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 26 Nov 2009 10:25

Best wishes to your OH for a speedy revovery.
Why would anyone object to this thread? You are only asking for a hug and some positive thoughts and most members willing give these.

Good luck with the paint mess too, do you have to leave it there till the insurance people see it?

Pat
(((((((HUGS)))))))

****MO***Rocking***Granny****

****MO***Rocking***Granny**** Report 26 Nov 2009 10:28

Hope he recovers soon Mummo
Sending best wishes to both of you
xx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 26 Nov 2009 10:28

Oh no, how frightening for you and very painful for poor Mr Mummo:((

(((((((hugs )))))) for you and my very best wishes for a speedy recovery for your OH.

xx

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 26 Nov 2009 10:35

Ohhh Mummo, how awful for you both, with the worry for you and obviously the very painful injuries for him. I do hope he's feeling a little better this morning. He's very lucky if he broke his neck, thank goodness the medics knew what to do.

I'm sure he'll be back home with you soon, if a little battered and sore.

I agree, loft hatches often are at the top of the stairs. Whoever thought that would be a good idea. My neighbour years ago had a similar accident, though he didn't go right over the banister, he landed, hard, with a foot either side of it. Poor thing couldn't move for hours after.

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Nov 2009 11:02

((((hugs)))) Mummo, hope your OH makes a quick recovery and don't forget to look after yourself too as you will be in a bit of shock.

Rose xxx

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 26 Nov 2009 11:04

Thanks all, insurance people are going to phone hopefully very soon till they come out l have to leave it, omg there is paint is everywhere.
Phoned hospital they said OH was still asleep and they are keeping him on the Morphin and as his in intensive care l can visit anytime.
Thanks everyone. x

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Nov 2009 11:08

OOOH MUMMO
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS HUN
sending you a (((hug))) xxx