General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 1544

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 21 Aug 2014 19:36

Evening everyone :-) :-)

Congratulations to your gs, Jem :-) :-) :-) :-) He has done really well, bless him :-) :-) :-) :-) Now he can enjoy what bit of holiday there is left :-) :-)

Maz, enjoy your day out tomorrow. I am quite jealous of you visiting Lindisfarne!! I could do with somewhere really peaceful to lose myself :-D :-D

DET, I am pleased that you are controlling your cold :-) :-) :-) :-) A few more calories added with the breakfast, but they are sooooo good when someone else has cooked it :-D :-D :-D

LG, I bet you are having a brilliant time with the girls. Second childhood yet again :-D :-D :-D :-D

Well, I have worked a 10.5 hour shift today with no lunch break. I finally got home at 6.40, so called for fish'n'chips on the way home. They won't consider a work placement. We were hoping that perhaps they might consider an apprentice as one of the full time team started with us that way, but no such look. On the other hand it is often harder to spend time showing someone what to do than to do it yourself, particularly when we are under strict deadlines. I have a suspicion that I will be the only team member that offers to work any extra hours :-( :-(

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 21 Aug 2014 18:48

evening all just got in shift was OK been busy though
I amjust cooking tea and doing the laundry just washing my pac a mac as i need to take it in morning we are away bright and early ,

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Aug 2014 14:52

Hasn't he done well? :-D :-D

On top of that, he took all the exams one year early, in Year 10 :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 21 Aug 2014 14:42

YEY HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

GRANDSON HAS DONE VERY WELL ...FOR HIM IT IS EXCELLENT!

I don't understand all the ins and outs of it all, as it's all changed and this is year 10 (form 4) So some are GCSEs in their entirety. Some are modules. Some are GCSEs to see if he qualifies to sit them next year.

Our lovely Det has explained a few thing to me, Thanks Det :-)<3

So basically, he has...

4 Grade C Sciences Results (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science) probably Modules.

Grade B Pass in History (in it's entirety yey!!!!)

A* Leisure and Tourism Pass (module)

Grade C Pass English Literature

Grade C Pass Geography (possibly module)

Grade D Pass Welsh

English Language he has passed
He thought he had failed, but Det has explained he has passed, but a low grade E Pass, and there is some controversy over the marking this year apparently.
His father and sister are both dyslexic, and that may have a slight bearing on this.
He can resit this exam next year.

He has not sat Maths yet. That will be November/ December.

So all in all
WELL DONE GRANDSON 1 <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 21 Aug 2014 09:22

Good Morning DET :-) <3

Yes, I will PM you them. I am not holding out any great hopes however.

I have never expect him to great things, as he has always struggled, and had to have special help in Primary school, along with my help of course.
What I am disappointed in him is, is that I don't feel like he has tried his best.

But, it's too late now to get all upset about that now. So we've had the talk about not getting overly upset about it, but to learn from it, and see what he can do in year 11.

You never know- he may surprise us all :-D :-D :-D

He's lost weight because he know goes out with his mates now and walks a lot, as opposed to playing computer games constantly!
Also, he was always a big eater, eating men's portions from quite young! He has cut back now.

I'm getting ready to take him to school now :-S :-S :-S :-D

See you all later <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Aug 2014 09:03

Morning all

2nd time lucky for Maz trip to Lindisfarne, eh? Fingers crossed that the weather is kind to you!

Good luck for the results today Jem. If you don’t want the world and his wife to know, would you mind sending them by PM?
How come he has lost weight, or has he shot up as well? I always used to find that they noticeably grew during the summer holidays. BM still remembers the ‘jiggle’ I used to do with his front waistband when he was trying on trousers.

What a fantastic day out LG. It’s a pity there wasn’t those sort of activities around when ours were young. Mind you, we probably couldn’t have afford the entrance fees.
The council used to put on free activities and puppet shows but don’t seem to now – probably the cost.

Did you have a good time in Leeds CT? As BM went to Uni there, I’ve been a couple of times. He used to complain that his friends’ parents visited more than us, but he was always coming home for a weekend!!

The cold is developing nicely thank you. As long as I don’t go ‘chesty’, it’ll be OK.
Talking of chests yesterday brought the occasional visit to the white caravan parked up by the shopping mall.
With an early (for us) start, we were able to catch Sains Breakfast menu which pleased OH and were back home by lunch time.

YG – it sounds as if you are suffering the same as many organisations ie fewer staff but the same amount of work to get through. Could you suggest they take on a work placement person? There may not be a job at the end of it, but at least they would have something for their CV.

~~~ to Emma and other occasional visitors.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 21 Aug 2014 08:15

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) <3

Sun is shining here in South West Wales, but chilly!

Hope you all have a great day

Love Jem <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Aug 2014 20:11

Evening all. Now completely and utterly cream crackered. I took the girls and Yidarmylass's Grandies to an English heritage kids event. It was fantastic they learnt all about the life of Queen Victoria and they all had a part in the play about her. Then got ice creams and they then went on the big adventure playground for nearly an hour. They all came home grubby and a bit weary but they were so good and really enjoyed themselves.

Jem. I will try and scan off the whole tree and send you it when I get a minute as it is quite interesting reading. Don't mention the footie what a biased ref and a really awful opposition fan base.

YG

YG Report 20 Aug 2014 18:38

Evening everyone and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Mersey, Fly and Golden Girl :-D :-D

LG, I like Theo. Good choice!! :-) :-) I Hope you have enjoyed today with the girls, whatever you decided to get up to!!

DET, I'm pleased to hear that your cold isn't too dramatic. You still need some R&R, so don't go overdoing it :-) :-)

Maz, I hope you have a peaceful shift tonight :-) :-)

Jem, do you want me to have a look in As** here in the morning to see if they have stock?? it's not a problem so just ask :-) :-)

The day at work hasn't been too bad today, as we were all in the presentation this morning for our line manager and then out for lunch, so not a lot of work done. The pressure is already on though and I am sinking with some very tight deadlines, so am bringing work home. If i am quiet in an evening, you know why!! Starting tonight!! :-( :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 20 Aug 2014 17:30

Hi Nutty People :-) :-) <3

Been to town and got some of G/Sons uniform.
He has lost a lot of weight the last few months, and has had to have a size smaller.

Unfortunately, I bought the trousers he always has on line (formal suit trousers from George- They are excellent at just £9 or 2 for £15) and of course they are toooooo big :-|

And now they have sold out! The girl in the Town store rummaged about upstairs in the store room and found one pair smaller that fits. But they haven't any more, not in the nearby enterprise park, nor on line!

Well GCSE results day tomorrow. Not holding out much hope though! He didn't study hardly at all:-| :-| :-|
He seems depressed and stressed, and I think he is now worrying, whereas he was acting as if he didn't care two hoots before now!
WE SHALL SEE!

LG-
Thanks for the info. It looks very interesting.
Weren't those Besiktas supporters nasty pasties!!! :-| :-|

YG-
Hope your day at work hasn't been to stressful.

DET-
My mother was born on the Isle of Sheppey, so she said. (Her birth was registered in Romney Marsh, where her mother's family were from however!)
Her father was a forces man, and probably was stationed there. She used to remember being told to sit up a tree in an orchard and blow a whistle if someone came scrumping :-D :-D

CT-
Hope you are having a good day out.

Maz-
Hope you and Froggy have a great day at Lindisfarne on Friday.

~~~~~~~~ to Mersey, Fly, Emms and all other visitors to Nutlodge
Love Jem <3

Fly

Fly Report 20 Aug 2014 13:32

Hello to all nutters :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 20 Aug 2014 11:30

I haven't said hello in ages...so Hello everyone <3 :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Aug 2014 11:11

>>>>>>> special ~~~~~~s to one and all :-D >>>>>>>>

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 20 Aug 2014 11:05

We're made of stronger stuff Det! Glad your cold isn't too bad (are you not going to play on it for a while though? ;-) )

Daughter isn't coming home today, trains are proving to be quite expensive. Just spoken to her, it's her day off but obviously she is feeling quite morose thinking about the funeral.

Surprise day out for me - OH is off work today and he's planned to get the train to Leeds. Could well be standing room only because of York races.

Catch you all later <3

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 20 Aug 2014 09:23

Morning sleep shift today
washed the kitchen floor so am just waiting for it too dry LG you can have some energy mine gets depleted easily these days .I have just managed to book a day trip to lindisfarne on friday so will be a long but hopefully good day .Froggy has never been before so hope he likes it

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Aug 2014 09:04

Morning DET. Yes he is to be Theo Michael and then surname it all fits lovely. Just looking in quick before putting another load of laundry in and organising the girls for the day. It's lovely and sunny so we are making plans to go off out somewhere, destination undecided as yet.

Catch you all later, have a good day no matter what you are up to.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Aug 2014 08:44

Morning all

Hope the rest did you good Maz. You can't keep driving yourself on your days off.

Talking about cross-dressing. On the PR for Minster in Sheppey there is such an instance. The parish covered the naval dockyard of the time. One 'young man' was discovered to be female when his/ her body was prepared for burial!

A young persons death is a sad thing, even though it may mean seeing your daughter.

Good news about the scan LG. Will Leo go with what ever surname he uses?

The cold isn't too bad at the moment. If I were employed full time, I'd probably go in.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2014 22:46

:-D :-D :-D :-D. Well it goes without saying YG :-D. It gets better they have already chosen his name . Theo after one of their favourite players :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 19 Aug 2014 22:26

Lol, LG. Am I surprised :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2014 21:22

He already has the bibs YG. No choice in that household with 4 already in it. :-D :-D :-D.

how are you today ?