General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 1 + 1 of 1473

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 21:01

Feet up and relax, LG :-) :-) :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Apr 2014 20:45

We had a great time but I am now absolutely shattered ;-) :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 20:42

Evening LG. What a shame about the weather. but it sounds as though you have had a really good time with them. The forecast for here is much better for tomorrow, so I hope it is the same for you so that you can get out and about :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Apr 2014 20:22

Good evening all. Well we did not get outside with the littlies today as it chucked it down. DET they know where their dinner comes from as my son is a butcher and they are bought up with seeing whole animals dissected for food :-D :-D :-D. We spent the whole day crafting and they made cakes and helped cook the dinner all afternoon. Now snoring their little heads off worn out poor little souls :-D :-D :-D. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so we can get out and about. :-D :-D :-D :-D Maz, I thought it was a wind up too until I saw thw score with my own eyes. I have got to watch the Gunners match yet as we recorded it so we can watch it in peace and quiet without the girls singing all the chant s all the way through it. They are well educated in all the chants and songs thanks to me and mummy. :-D :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 19:14

I've just eaten a plateful of dinner and I am stuffed :-D :-D :-D :-D Need to go and clear the dishes now :-( :-(

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 20 Apr 2014 19:05

hello YG its been about for a few years now here ,
Well i know i am home 2nd wash is in and i have only been a way a night lol .

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 17:46

Oh goodness, DET. At least you can get on the computer while your OH is busy watching the sport :-)

Maz, they don't do Easter pantos in this neck of the woods. I've never heard of them before.

I have been a good girl and done all the ironing and also enjoyed sitting and reading. i need to be and organised tomorrow as someone is coming to spray the garden for me as the ants are causing havoc in the lawns.

I am just waiting for the dinner to finish cooking and am getting hungry :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 20 Apr 2014 17:15

and home i am LG i thought a service was winding me up when the cats beat Chelsea lol last night
I was late home as we went to the panto easter one lol they know how to make money it was very busy but good .It was peter pan quite saucy in parts and very long too .The result the meds run was late and we were all tired today
YG at least you will be having peace but its not nice.A and B are at B's parents tonight so i am off tomorrow so will crack on with chores in the morning

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 16:59

While I'm in here, he's in there in front of the Grand-Prix and now the Snooker. Not sure if he nodded off or not. If he did, he didn't snore ;-)

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 16:04

Well done to DET's OH :-D :-D :-D :-D No banging of saucepan lids required :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I hope he's not having a nanna nap now :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 12:27

UPDATE - he voluntarily got up at Noon!!

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 11:42

Oooh dear, rather him than me, DET :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

The sun is trying to come out now, but I think I will stick to my original plan. Ii have just heard the forecast for tomorrow which is 17 degs and sunshine, so definitely the better day for being outside and I will have a clear conscience if the dreaded ironing is done :-D :-D :-D

Enjoy whatever you do today, and don't eat too much chocolate!! Think of that wedding outfit :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 11:27

:-D :-D

I thought I'd heard movement upstairs awhile ago, but if it was him, he probably nipped across the landing then went back to bed.
He can stay there until 1230, then the saucepan and wooden spoon will come into play! His body clock it going to be really screwed - it's just as well we don't have any plans until Tuesday :-|

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 11:17

Perhaps he nodded off while he was reading, DET!! :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 10:48

A roast sounds good YG - we'll be there!! We fished a small gammon/bacon joint out of the freezer yesterday and will probably boil that up.

OH decided to re-read one of his books. He was about half of it when I toddled off. I can't make out if he has finished it, or randomly left the book mark 3/4 of the way through. :-|

YG

YG Report 20 Apr 2014 10:41

Happy Easter everyone :-) :-) <3

Typical weather, I'm afraid! Cold, overcast and it has just started to rain. No shed painting for me today! I will tackle the ironing basket instead, but have had a very leisurely morning up to now. Just sitting for a while to have brekkie and then I will prepare the dinner and start on the dreaded :-D :-D

Roast Beef, broccoli, cauliflower, roast potatoes and Yorkshire Puds if anyone wants to get themselves up here. Raspberry jam and fresh cream turnovers for dessert :-D :-D :-D

What on earth was your OH doing until that time of the morning, DET!! You will be spending half the day on your own today until he surfaces :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 09:58

Happy Easter everyone - Christ is Risen :-D <3

Sorry to hear that you are still in the Dog House YG. If you haven't already sent them cards, why not pop one through their letter box for them to find when they get back from their holiday? If they are in the UK, you could send a text.

LG - have you planned an egg hunt for when the littlies woke up??? Don't be tempted to share!! Lets hope that the rainband is far enough south for you to miss it. I do agree that its important to get up close and personal with farm animals. They do need to learn where their food comes from, even if its limited to milk.

Don't worry YG, we did s*d all yesterday as well. A bit of light (the dreaded), a tiny bit of ironing then either reading, playing on the computer or in my case snoozing in the armchair followed by an evening of watching pre-recorded TV programmes. :-(

OH didn't go to bed until sometime after 3am - goodness knows when he will surface! No going out plans for today as its going to be wet.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Apr 2014 22:34

NIte nite YG. Sleep well and hopefully catch you tomorrow evening. <3

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 22:25

I'm off to bed now, LG.

Sleep well :-) :-) <3 <3

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 22:11

That would be lovely for them, LG. I like the type of places where children can get close enough to the animals to have actual contact with them.

If you decide to visit there, I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable day with them :-) :-)

The weather forecast isn't good for tomorrow so you may also need somewhere with relief from the showers :-( :-(