General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 1 + 1 of 2038

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 29 May 2016 21:01

Evening everyone :-)

I have been for a cuddle with the puppy this afternoon. She is a little mischief and has a penchant for trying to chew the concrete from between the patio slabs :-D :-D

David, you have managed to get the bungalow painted :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

DET and LG have been busy in the garden, Maz has been at work and I have done nothing except cook a gammon joint :-D :-D

My eye is causing problems as it is tearing quite a lot at the moment and seems worse when I spend a lot of time on the lap top. It doesn't seem as bad when watching tv. I am due for more scans next week so I will mention it to the nurse and see what she thinks. :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2016 20:24

Mine are wormed frequently and de flead if they need it or not David. Better safe than sorry I think. :-D :-D :-D.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 29 May 2016 19:46

hello David YG and LG I am making ppts here lol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2016 19:46

Congratulation to The Driver. What an achievement! :-)

Maz, what did you cook for the Gents? Were you allowed to sit and share with them? Cooks perks and all that. ;-)
Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

David - your bungalow must look v smart now. They must have been working really hard to get two coats done in one day.

We've been pottering in the garden for most of the day, with frequent coffee breaks on the outside chairs. 'They' have decided we won't get the rain now until Tuesday. Does that mean the pots will have to be watered tonight? :-0

YG - is it tomorrow that you hope to vist the new pup?

David

David Report 29 May 2016 19:33

If you catch your cat eating mice or birds, they need worming ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2016 19:11

Sorry Maz, nearly missed you there. I have been in the garden all day and now relaxing until OH gets back in.

David

David Report 29 May 2016 18:43

Thanks LG, looks smart, long over due. (not that it was grubby)
We have a motor cycle stadium called Brough Park, shares with the dog track. :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2016 18:16

Oh well done David.

OH is pleased with the weather too as he is racing. Our driver is now the new British Rebel Champion, what a clever lad :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 29 May 2016 18:15

Evening all its a lovely evening here ,I was going to do the grass however ,I am going to leave it until tomorrow and relax tonight as i am tired .Day off tomorrow so will do it then.I have some church stuff to do also .so i am going to watch TV and get stuck in tomorrow .
We have a family of starlings just fledged i think as they are constantly flapping and very clumsy too very funny to watch .My cat does not know what to do with birds or mice they do not see her as a threat at all .

David

David Report 29 May 2016 17:43

I'm pleased the weather's good. My bungalow had 2 coats of magnolia today :)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2016 17:03

Evening all, just come in from the garden I have been out there all afternoon. Now collapsed on the sofa eating a lovely juicy Mango :-D :-D :-D :-D.
I do have presents of mice on the outdoor doormat so have to watch where I put my feet when I step out of the door.

YG

YG Report 29 May 2016 12:06

Morning everyone :-) Errr, it is actually just turning to after noon :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was very late sleeping last night, as I read for a while when I eventually went to bed, so late rising this morning :-D :-D I woke around 9am but went back with the kindle and a cuppa :-0 :-0

DET, I haven't had the motivation for this holiday to do much, tbh. I was shattered when I finished work and made my mind up then that I would take the opportunity to relax. No doubt within 24 hours of being back, I will be back to square one, but that's life :-0 :-0

Maz, sorry, I thought you were off today, so as you are in work, I hope you have a good shift :-)

I haven't seen any mice around here, but the cat across the road loves sitting under my hawthorn in wait. He/she knows exactly where the birds feed, when the thief leaves the coconut feeder in situ :-D :-D I chase her off if I catch her stalking, but the birds are usually too quick for her, thank goodness

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2016 10:17

Morning all

Squirrels can be interesting to watch but little B's when the dig up your bulbs. They're not that clever when they forget where they've buried a nut and you have to pull up a seedling chestnut tree from a pot or the middle of the grass!
Our friends used to catch them in humane traps then transport them miles away. Having seen the damage they can do inside a roof space, they were very wary of them.

YG, it's been refreshing to see you ignoring a 'deep clean' this break.
Last day of the good weather for a while. Make the most of it!

David

David Report 29 May 2016 09:02

Sqirrels did you say Maz? Ive seen mice on my lawn, cat's toys.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 29 May 2016 08:44

morning all I would love some squirrels in my garden
I have a gormless pigeon think its a youngster looking for the floor stuff that the others drop .I am on a day shift today so just getting motivated to head out for the bus .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 May 2016 23:47

Nite nite YG. I will be about sometime tomorrow as OH will be off about 10 and then I will hopefully get out into the garden weather permitting

YG

YG Report 28 May 2016 23:31

I will have a look tomorrow, LG :-)

I am off to bed now. It's way past my bedtime :-D :-D :-D

Sleep well :-) I'll probably catch you around breakfast time :-D :-D <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 May 2016 23:08

If you google black squirrel it tells you about them YG

YG

YG Report 28 May 2016 22:52

Oooh, I will have to do some research on them, LG :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 May 2016 22:25

The black squirrels are well known in this area YG. We have loads of them they are a genetic changeling of the greys. They were first found quite near me here in Bedfordshire. Very pretty but vicious :-D :-D :-D :-D