General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 3 + 1 of 2417

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 21 Jun 2017 19:09

I have heard it said if you rub a cow pat on it, it has the same effect :-D :-D :-D :-D

David

David Report 21 Jun 2017 19:01

Is it true ? if you wash your hair in rain water you won't go bald.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 21 Jun 2017 18:43

Try telling my lass that David. She prefers it down most of the time and on odd occasions up in a very large bun :-D :-D. Her girls have very long hair too but they have to have theirs up for school and ballet

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 21 Jun 2017 18:43

Try telling my lass that David. She prefers it down most of the time and on odd occasions up in a very large bun :-D :-D. Her girls have very long hair too but they have to have theirs up for school and ballet

David

David Report 21 Jun 2017 18:34

Why waist length ? put it in plaits (sp)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 21 Jun 2017 18:24

Another barrel here YG you do the chips all do the bangers :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 21 Jun 2017 17:20

Evening everyone :-)

Jeeeezzzzz, have you ever seen a barrel of melted lard :-D :-D :-D :-D Has anyone got any chips to deep fry :-D :-D :-D

Waist length hair :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 omg, I couldn't cope with that. I only have about 3 inches and that's bad enough :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 21 Jun 2017 16:45

LG it will all be worth it when you can run from the mini gooners lol
I have just been out for a coffee with a friend

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 21 Jun 2017 13:52

Afternoon all, it was bloomin hot in there today but I have to go to get everything ready for my enforced holiday. Only 2 more visits next week and still loads to do and get ready.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 21 Jun 2017 10:24

morning all
I am soaked in sweat I have been playing with my new hoover henry i use one at work so have had experience I had a upright so it is different but has done a good job .
its almost tropical here its pouring but not cold
N rang me and said we have a problem lol she is going to struggle i think until A has had his eye ops
My PC has been rebuilt by the frog it is still long in the tooth so looking at an upgrade at the moment

David

David Report 21 Jun 2017 08:01

I forgot LG, must be getting older......

We had an hour or so of rolling thunder...Ellen out looking for her cat........

It will be under a car

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jun 2017 07:50

Morning all

David, Did you worship the sun when it rose? ;-) :-D

On the hair front - mine is fine. The hairdressers always assume that there's not a lot of it. Then they comment on how much there is! It has tended to frizz in the heat.

LG, if you think you'll feel ill by going to the belfry, delegate to someone else & stay in front of your fan.

David

David Report 21 Jun 2017 05:15

Morning all, half a year gone :-D <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Jun 2017 20:53

Could be either YG :-D :-D :-D. I don't want to grow mine long again it is such hassle and really hot as I have very thick hair and it holds water something awful. H has the same thickness of hair and hers is now down to her waist I don't know how she manages to cope with it. We are so proud of her as today she passed her stage 2 beauticians course with flying colours. I shall be alright for my nails and make up now :-D :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 20 Jun 2017 20:02

Is that to save me from drowning in my own sweat, or for the torrential rain, LG :-D :-D :-D Not that there's a lot of difference between the two, as I'm sure you'll agree :-D :-D

I am revelling in the coolness of the evening, preparing for the onslaught of heat again tomorrow :-D :-D

DET, it sounds as though I need to grow my hair longer then!! :-D :-D

I always used to want long hair, but was never successful in growing it. I did manage once to leave it until I could pin the back up, but that's as far as I got :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Jun 2017 18:37

Evening all, my hair looks a right mess so it will get a good wash later :-D. It has been a little cooler today but forecast is for hot again tomorrow. Typical as I have the morning in the Belfry :-| :-| :-| :-|.
I am sending the ArsenalArkRoyal to you YG it sounds as if you might need it ;-) :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jun 2017 18:24

Gosh, YG. That does sound horrendous, in fact almost biblical! Should we be sending the Ark in your direction??
One advantage of having longer hair in this heat is that the perspiration tends to spread itself out along the strands & evaporates more quickly.

YG

YG Report 20 Jun 2017 17:39

Evening everyone :-)

Congratulations, Maz, on the expected delivery ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) Lovely to have some nice news for a change :-) :-)

DET, I think our internal thermostats have almost exploded :-D :-D I have every sympathy for LG as the perspiration runs off me like rivers and I am fed up of my hair being wet through :-D :-D :-D

It has been humid but cloudy today and is much cooler now. 84degs forecast for tomorrow! There is a yellow warning for thunderstorms, possible hail and torrential rain for this area between Wed night and Thursday morning. At least it will be fresher and the garden is desperate, although if it is heavy, it will lay in lakes on the borders :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jun 2017 16:53

Congratulations to Nanny Maz. Do we take it the forthcoming arrival wasn't exactly planned? ;-) :-D
Busy as always. Didn't Frog rebuild your PC not so long ago?

Hope it's cooling a bit for you LG. Just think -all the while you're dripping, your internal thermostat is doing its job.

How are you coping in the heat, David, or have the temps dropped where you are as well?

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 20 Jun 2017 12:48

We are sat in spoons for lunch .hedges cut .washing out pc being fixed long job transferring data.
Just set off to use the hoover it went bang so after lunch off to get a new one