General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 3 + 1 of 2254

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 15:50

You should know him by now. Gently does it ;-) :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2017 15:36

Afternoon all.
I am not surprised about the accident on the lane they still drive down it like hooligans :-| :-| :-|. Pleased OH has realised his limits I wish mine would .

That is very good of your neighbour David. Well done with the bath lift, no stopping you now. :-D :-D :-D.

No mattress yet DET. You will have to work on him harder ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 15:28

David, how kind of your neighbour & it'll be comforting for your wife to know where her Fifi is.
Now you have the bathing equipment, there'll be no stopping you now. Mind you don't wash yourself away :-D Will you be able to operate it yourself or will someone have to be on standby?

Ann - glad you've been able to talk sense into your OH. There comes a time when we all have to accept our limitations. If you can afford it, why not pay for someone to do those little jobs? My OH is still holding out. He talks the talk (larger DIY repairs/maintenance) but is reluctant to walk the walk.

I hadn't really thought about how to dispose of an old mattress, not that we've even looked for a new one yet. If the retailer wouldn't take it & we couldn't get it in our car, we could pay for the council to take it away, I suppose.

David

David Report 17 Jan 2017 14:05

Thank you Ann and all the others.
A neighbour says he is going to bury FIFI in our garden.
Then my wife will always know where she is.

An electrician technician has been and fitted a bath chair lift. Lowers you down and lifts you out. City's loan equipment, ours indefinitely :-D :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2017 12:56

Aaw David, sorry to hear about your wife's cat. We had one killed by a farm lorry when we lived in that area LG, on a farm road across the lane. Very upsetting. Pleased that Ellen is better otherwise David.

Another damp and grey day here and much colder again. Just been to order vinyl for the kitchen. OH was going to fit it himself with the help of our grandson, but while in there I managed to suggest we have it fitted, he must be going soft as he agreed to having it delivered and fitted for £45. A few years ago he would not have done that, getting soft in his old age. (well he will be 79 this year so maybe he is seeing sense at last!)

DET hope you get your new mattress. The worst bit is getting rid of the old one though. We could probably do with a new one too.

YG Was that a staff member who was rude? No excuse for that. I used to have a line manager (A Squadron Leader) who was a nasty piece of work, hated having a) civilian officers and b) women working for him and being both he could be really brusque and nasty. :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2017 10:41

:-D :-D :-D :-D DET

I would be just the same David it upsets me so much when we have had to say goodbye to pets. <3. I am pleased Ellen has picked up today

David

David Report 17 Jan 2017 10:29

Thank you, two of FIFI's kittens, now 3 years old are still with us.

Ellen's picked up but the loss of FIFI has deeply upset her.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 10:29

Just passed your comments on to OH. He LoL. We're getting there :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2017 10:14

Try it they worry about having a painful wallet :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 10:10

Hmmm. Not sure if that would work, but it's worth a try. :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2017 09:46

Do what I do tell him you will go on your own, get ready to go out and he will definitely come with you as he won't want you buying an expensive one ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D. Works every time around here

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 09:34

Now, now LG. None of the innuendo ;-)
I tried to get him into a bed shop yesterday, but he wasn't having it.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2017 09:26

It would be worth a sacking DET :-D :-D :-D.

Oh David how sad :-(. I would hate it if that happened to one of ours My daughter had it happen with her little one when she lived near a busy road a few years back, so upsetting .

Squeaky mattress not good ;-) :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2017 09:21

Oh dear. That's sad news for your wife, David. If Fifi had been ill, she'd have been prepared. It's good that someone recognised the cat and was able to let her know. How is she otherwise?

Morning all. We really must get a new mattress. Some of the springs have collapsed & it squeaks when you turn over :-0

David

David Report 17 Jan 2017 07:12

My wife's cat FIFI, who has been missing since Saturday has been found dead in the road :-0 :-( :-( :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2017 23:31

Yep - and you'd be sacked on the spot!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2017 22:53

I didn't nod off DET :-D :-D :-D. I have been too busy at home and in the Belfry . I cannot abide rudeness I probably would have chinned him ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2017 22:24

Oh dear. Poor YG. Was the rude person the new member of the 'top team''? Didn't you say that he seemed quite pleasant, or was this one of the originals?

It sounds as if we all nodded off sometime today. It can really re-energise you ;-)

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2017 21:03

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I worked really hard today and was in work at 7.15am. On my feet most of the day and an obnoxiously rude man to deal with :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Beat that :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2017 20:30

Alright for some I have been busy researching ;-) :-D :-D :-D