General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Page 3 + 1 of 2160

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner Report 17 Oct 2016 19:32

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 if YG :-D

YG Report 17 Oct 2016 19:29

I'll believe you, LG :-D :-D I bet you have got a large book of excuses hidden away ;-) ;-)

LaGooner Report 17 Oct 2016 19:12

Evening all, lounge and hallway all tidy and just needing the floors steamed tomorrow. I had to have a new rug as old one was 9 years old, wrong colour and also quite faded from the sunlight through large window.

YG Report 17 Oct 2016 18:37

Evening everyone :-)

Maz, I hope you are feeling much better now and that the flu jab doesn't knock you back :-)

LG, splashing out on a new rug ;-) ;-) ;-) Fur might enjoy it :-D :-D :-D Have you got your other bits sorted out that you had stored in the hall?

DET, a quiet day for you today with your OH busy elsewhere. Have you enjoyed your 'me time'?

My colleague and I have moved into our temporary Conference War Office. Oh joy, peace and quiet to help gather our thoughts for the preparation, although we have a huge list of stuff to do :-0 :-0

Mazfromnorf Report 17 Oct 2016 18:36

OH will need a week off after all his work DET
we pay for our wheelie bin we get collections from April to the end of October and thats it .
DET its any ones guess as to what Thomas Oliver was up to he was a gardener so may have moved about a lot mum grew up with all his kids

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Oct 2016 11:41

Have 'fun' LG.

OH came home for a brief break and to collect a saw. He says that after the last 'run', we can go out for our coffee. He declined my half-hearted volunteering as he says some pieces need the front passenger seat to get them in. He's trying to avoid the extra effort of cutting them up!

Maz - our garden refuse bins are emptied fortnightly through out the year. During Jan & Feb, hardly anyone puts theirs out. You'd have thought the council could have saved a bit of our money by cancelling collections for 2 months, but then we do pay seperately for the 'privilege'; storms could bring down dead branches thin enough to go in the bin.

LaGooner Report 17 Oct 2016 11:08

I did click and collect DET and just got back from collecting it. I will put it down tomorrow after a good steam clean on the laminate.

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Oct 2016 09:54

OH has gone off by himself, so no coffee outing.

Sounds as if you have interesting project on the go Maz. Could he have been in the forces, a sailor, or in prison?

Fingers crossed you get a delivery soon LG. If it comes while you're out, could Lyn take it in for you? We'll probably start taking in deliveries for next door soon. They do a lot of their seasonal shopping on line. It's funny really because they are Sikh :-D

Mazfromnorf Report 17 Oct 2016 09:28

Morning ,
FH wise we are doing the Bourne clan still when Auntie was attending a cousins funeral she was actually in Brede church and noticed a pub opposite the cemetery but also a fair ammount of monuments in the grave yard so that is our next visit planned when we are visiting ,
The other FH project is an Oliver who never married until 1946 after all his kids were born ,Mum tells us that he was never around much either so did he have another family ,and at least one of the foster children were his we think,what does make it hard to sort is that he is in the census when he should be .
I have my flu jab today at 2ish so I will need a shower to head there I think as at the moment I was looking at the garden there are two garden collections left on being this Friday so I need to get the last bits in the bin .

LaGooner Report 17 Oct 2016 09:22

Definitely not the best way to diet :-D :-D :-D :-D. I am waiting for an email or text to tell me my order for a rug is waiting in the store for me to collect. I wish they would hurry up as I have the Belfry this afternoon and don't really want to leave collection until tomorrow as I have lots to do about the house.
Good excuse for a snack out :-D :-D :-D :-D.

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Oct 2016 09:12

Morning all

Glad you're feeling a bit better today LG. Do you think your tummy upset will have helped with your weight loss? ;-)

Apparently we, or perhaps only OH, will be spending the day taking demolished kitchen units to the dump. It might be worth a coffee & a bun at the nearby Sains!

Have a good one.

LaGooner Report 17 Oct 2016 08:53

Good morning all. Feeling a little better this morning thank goodness. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Oct 2016 19:13

Don't worry Maz - I think we get the gist. At least you don't come up with incorrect spellings like I do! You can usually spot when I'm using the ipad as o's can come out as i's :-D

It sounds as if you had a relaxing day & its good to know that you have another one in which to recover. Are you still helping Aunty with her one name studies, or is this another missing Gallop/Pope foster child?

David - I don't know what to suggest to help you with your Kindle v Amazon account. As YG said ages ago, we both tend to use our main computers to look at the books, but then we'd managed to register our kindles to our Amazon accounts. Would it be possible for you to attach your kindle, as if charging, to your computer then drag the downloaded books on to it?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you contacted the local AgeUK, they might be able to send a volunteer round to have a go at sorting it out. The Charity might make a charge in the regiion of £10-£15 to cover their expenses.

LG - the time will come when it does. As long as she is comfortable and free of pain. Those last days can be precious to her family as they come to terms with events. <3

David Report 16 Oct 2016 18:20

Last night I was trying to sort out a problem on my Kindle.
Books I'd bought from Amazon were appearing on my PC under the David's Kindle for PC app. I wanted them on the Kindle reader. Seems I was not registered.
So I entered through the keyboard my credit card number THREE times, my name and address, repeatedly and password.I took ages eventually it said registered etc.
To purchase books enter my e-mail address and password .Did so repeatedly. It said it had no account on that address!!
Can people fiddle credit card details through a Kindle ??

Mazfromnorf Report 16 Oct 2016 18:11

evening all
I must learn to proof read my posts on here when i read back i cringe most of the time
,I walked to church we got the heating, working it still gets quite cold in the building as it is quite an old one .Froggy has to work most Sundays as the systems need backing up and its the one day that he is left alone to do that also some residents get to visit family at the weekends .
I have had a rest here this afternoon i sat out in my summerhouse watching the birds feeding and squabbling over the feeders they are really funny and it gives me a lot of pleasure watching them
LG hope you will be feeling better soon
I am off tomorrow so I can do some bits and bobs tomorrow here I may even do some FH .

LaGooner Report 16 Oct 2016 16:49

Just looking in quick to let you know I am still about :-D :-D. No new as yet and still waiting with baited breath. Not too well today myself I think I have a stomach bug but nothing drastic I hope. Catch you all again soon <3 <3 <3 <3

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Oct 2016 14:30

Think you might have drawn the short straw YG :-0

YG Report 16 Oct 2016 11:07

There's not many going off around here at the moment, David. I have no idea how my family's dog will react while I'm looking after her as she is only 7 months old so hasn't experienced them before. I could be in for a rough night :-D :-D

David Report 16 Oct 2016 10:41

MY wife has four cats. Not sure if they are a substitute for children or a husband lol.
All these fireworks night after night have them scatty.

YG Report 16 Oct 2016 09:00

Morning everyone :-)

Pleased that you feeling better, Maz. Church won't do you any harm, but don't be tempted to rush around when you get back. Is Froggy coming later to keep you in order :-D

Good luck with the baby sitting, DET ;-) ;-) You will need eyes in the back of your head before too much longer :-D :-D Enjoy the family lunch :-)

Poppy is coming to me overnight :-0 :-0 At least the park is only across the road for walkies during the daylight hours and I will have to make sure she is on her lead when I take her in the garden, as there are plenty of escapes routes under the hawthorn hedge.