General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 5 + 1 of 1471

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 15 Apr 2014 11:38

Sorry I missed you while I was typing LG. Well done!

:-D

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 15 Apr 2014 11:37

I only discovered it recently. I had the option of reading it in my browser or downloading it to read in
http://www.overdrive.com/products/

You need an Adobe ID, I have one associated with Photoshop but it wouldn't authorise my Kindle using that one so I had to create a new one.

If your local library website does not have an ebook section, I assume you can join any library

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Apr 2014 11:27

Goog morning DET and CT. Just got back, yes good news on the scales today. OHs eye has seemed to settle down so he has not rang hospital. I was out gardening most of yesterday but can't go out to play today as I have a meeting this afternoon :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Apr 2014 10:56

Interesting that the Library lends ebooks; I'll have to look into that! Most of the ones I download are freebies off Amazon.
The default present from everyone are vouchers which usually last me from one year to the next. I don't like spending money, even if it was 'free' ;-)

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 15 Apr 2014 10:47

I'm fine Det,

Our bin is full too - it is due to be emptied today but it is too heavy for me to wheel out. I'm sure there is a lot of soil in which could be put on the borders. Also I have a feeling that OH has emptied planters in it, things which should start growing soon.

I rejoined the library recently so that I can borrow ebooks for my Kindle. The site asked me for the bar code on my ticket and I realised I haven't set foot in the library for years. They couldn't find me by name or past addresses so I had to join again, and have borrowed my first ebook

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Apr 2014 10:28

Morning CT. how are you?

No, there are still loads! The garden bin is full of grass, so can't put any more in there. It's not due to be emptied unti next week.......if it happens. Then he wants to do the same to the front :-(

It's quite pleasant sitting in the sun fighting the fight :-D

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 15 Apr 2014 10:21

Morning all,

Hope you are continuing to improve after the injection LG, and had good results at WW.

I hope your eye is better YG

Is the war against the daisies over Det? Who won?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Apr 2014 09:59

Morning all

Did you get good news at WW LG? Have you spoken to Moorfields for OH yet?

On the subject of eyes, how's the record in YG's?

OH said he wanted to go out today, but with no plans and no get-up-and-go, it may not happen. Watch this space :-|

(waves) to Mersey, Jem, EOS and occasional visitors
Have a good day <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Apr 2014 09:08

Good morning Mersey, we crossed posted there as I have been over on your thread. Catch you later as I am off out for a while <3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Apr 2014 09:05

Good morning LG and the rest of the Nutters as always :-D :-D <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Apr 2014 09:03

Good morning all, just a quick look in as I am off to WW in a few minutes. Hope everyone has a good day no matter what they are doing. Catch you all later <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Apr 2014 22:50

Nite nite YG. Sleep well , see you tomorrow

Well I know I would fall over Mersey. :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 14 Apr 2014 22:26

Nitey~~~Nite YG <3

Never say never LG :-D ;-)

YG

YG Report 14 Apr 2014 22:17

I don't think you can can LG!!

I'm off now. It's getting a little chilly now and I am going for a warm under the duvet!!

Sleep well, LG :-) :-) <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Apr 2014 22:15

Can Can. I can't can't ;-) :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 14 Apr 2014 22:10

That must be a sight for sore eyes :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 14 Apr 2014 22:08

When she is doing the can can YG :-D :-D ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Apr 2014 22:01

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

YG

YG Report 14 Apr 2014 21:59

omg, does LG regularly cock her leg up :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 14 Apr 2014 21:43

No cocking your leg for a while LG or dancing round your handbag either ;-) <3