General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 6 + 1 of 1470

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Apr 2014 18:56

Well he is hot stuff Jem. Well in my eyes at least ;-) :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 13 Apr 2014 18:53

:-D :-D :-D :-D LG...I thought you said OH is waiting in the oven! :-S :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Apr 2014 18:52

Good evening one and all. Just had my tea and OH's is waiting in the oven for him to get back any time now. Glad the floater is improving YG . Jem it is hard work bringing up teenagers these days. I have had a lovely day out with YAL. mostly window shopping but I have seen some lovely clothes I would like so it is encouraging me to keep to my diet :-D :-D :-D. Instant mash is not good Maz :-P :-P :-P :-D.
I am now chilling out as I have managed to walk all day without my stick but I do not want to push too hard yet.

YG

YG Report 13 Apr 2014 18:44

Hi Jem :-) :-) <3 <3

My gd is 16 later this year and she wants to be out and about with her friends all the time. Mum & Dad are having a hard time with her at the moment. Raging hormones and all that stuff :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I only had one son and he never caused me any grief :-D :-D They have to prepare to leave the nest at some stage, but it is very difficult for us to adjust when they do. I am sure he is well grounded and will be a credit to you :-) :-)

I am just waiting for dinner to cook and then I will have a nice relaxing bath later and chill out for the evening. :-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 13 Apr 2014 17:54

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's a lovely day here in South West Wales. Sunny, but a little bit chilly and a bit of a breeze.

Nothing of any great interest to report today! :-\

Daughter and Granddaughters 1 and 2 have been really ill with a bad virus- vomiting, runs, flu-like symptoms since the middle of the week.
Son.I.L had it first but he plodded on through most of it. He's a very hard worker, my daughter has been very lucky. He's an excellent Step-Father to my eldest 2 Granddaughters and is good to Grandson 1, although we have raised him.

It's a difficult transition period for me again, now that Grandson 1 is going on 15. We used to do a lot of things together, including walking days out. He is now spending more and more time with friends (and rightly so) than with us. As he is still young, it means I need to be available for emergencies. So I am a bit in "limbo" so to speak.

Since I discovered FILES- I have been busy filing EVERYTHING on my laptop! From links, to Downloaded Census' / Records in Family Files, to photos, to documents! I'M TURNING INTO MONICA FROM FRIENDS :-D :-D :-D

It does make everything easier to find, with the exception of newly saved things, as now they are being sent into any old file and I have to track them down and put them into the correct files! :-S :-D

:-)LG-
Glad to hear that you are pain-free for the moment. It's good that you have decided on a plan of action over the treatment.
Hope you are enjoying your day out with YAL :-)

:-)YG-
Sorry to hear about your eye. Hopefully the black floater is continuing to improve. Be careful not to tire yourself out in the garden. After your stressful day yesterday, you do need to relax.
CAKE :-0 :-0 !!!! I miss Cake!
The WW little cakes are ok but not PROPER CAKE! :-( :-D :-D

:-)DET-
I know exactly what you mean about wasting days. I feek exactly the same. OH has never had much get up and go, but recently..... :-| :-|
I bought a book a few weeks ago..50 walks in Brecon Beacons and South Wales- hopefully to get us out walking soon! I fear the arthritis will get much worse if I don't start walking again soon. :-(

:-)MAZ-
As usual, you are a busy lady! I don't know how you do it all! :-S
Like you, I hate Track Pads. When OH bought me this laptop as a surprise anniversary present, I was in despair until Granddaughter 1 told me I could still use a mouse! :-D :-D

Hi ~~~~~~~~~~CT :-) Mersey :-) EOS :-) anyone else visiting Nutlodge
Love Jem <3

YG

YG Report 13 Apr 2014 16:30

Oooh dear, Smash!!!! Were there little aliens running around :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Not good!!

I have cut all the grass, back and front, which is a mammoth task and started to edge the borders, but I have had enough now. I don't think the ironing is going to get done somehow. Too much backache, but on a better note my black disc is getting smaller, thank goodness :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Apr 2014 16:04

Its the church lap top that is needing doing,sorry about no lunch we wentto a farm shop it was an OK lunch not wonderful,I have used it at other times and enjoyed it But sunday lunch is not as good it was instant mash potatoe .

YG

YG Report 13 Apr 2014 10:15

Morning everyone.

The sun is shining and the sky is blue :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

No dinner, Maz :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 I'll have to get busy and make a cottage pie then. I can't be bothered with a roast today :-D :-D I Hope A enjoys his day at Wembley.

LG, pleased to hear you had a good night. Don't overdo just because you haven't got any pain at the moment :-) :-) Enjoy your day out with YAL :-)

DET, get yourselves off out and put a line through some of those items on your wish list :-) :-)

Gardening is on the list of 'to do' today for me. The grass at the front is desperate for cutting. I think I will do a bit and sit for a bit!!

I had a reasonable night, but this black bubble in my vision is irritating me. It doesn't look like a bubble, it's more having a small 45rpm record stuck in the middle of my vision. The two tiny ones that were round it yesterday have gone, so I am hoping this will clear over the next few days, although it doesn't seem any smaller this morning :-( :-( Apart from that I am ok.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Apr 2014 09:22

Morning Maz and DET. Not a bad night though OH spent the night tossing and turning :-| :-|. Pain free for now so I am hobbling off around a few shops then coming back and taking it easy. I could have asked for referal long time back DET as doctor kept suggesting it. But me being the stubborn blighter I am with a very high pain threshold carried on regardless. I don't know what cocktail he pumped me with but boy it knocked me for six :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D.

I am just off round to see YAL as it is her I am going out with to decide exactly which direction we are going. OH is out racing today and won't be back until much later so maybe lunch out is on the cards.

If you look in YG I hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable today.

Catch you all later and have a great day no matter you get up to <3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Apr 2014 09:21

Good morning lovely Nutters <3 <3 :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Apr 2014 09:13

Morning all -

Did both YG & LG get a restful night? Hope that you are both feeling better today <3
Just because you are pain free LG, there is no need to go overdoing things! It's a pity that the GP didn't refer you a couple of years ago, instead of making you wait.

Enjoy your time with the future Mrs A, Maz. Is this the church website you are hoping to update??

Its lovely and sunny at the moment, but slightly chilly. We've both said that we are getting terribly lazy and waste days at a time. We've written out a wish-list of places we'd like to visit as days out, just to get ourselves out of the rut. If nothing else, it would mean that we get up and going earlier in the day (We didn't put any household tasks on it - that's boring!!!)

What ever your plans, have a good one.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Apr 2014 08:37

Morning all
I was busy yesterday did a food shop opened the laundry,A is at work today gone to wembley with Hull poor lad he was in the garage for 5 am .
so B is here we are doing the church laptop etc today A usually does it so it will be fun .I can do it but with a mouse I hate track pads.Then we are out for a spot of lunch then i am going to make a start in the garden so no lunch today again but i did cook for us all last night Froggy was here too he updated the anti virus on this and tuesday i am doing the laptop at church .
Hope your eye is comfortable YG I have the laundry open again this morning,Its easier to do it as it appears .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Apr 2014 22:39

Sleep well YG I hope you get a comfortable night and that you feel better tomorrow. Catch you tomorrow <3 <3

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 22:29

I'm not surprised it's sore, LG. Sometimes cortisone can cause some stiffness for a couple of days.

A good night's sleep coming up for both of us, I hope, and I am off to test it out now!

I'll catch you tomorrow hopefully :-) :-) <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Apr 2014 22:24

Much better thanks YG just very sleepy. It is so nice to not have any pain. The patch where I was injected is a little bit sore but that is nothing compared with what I normally go through

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 22:11

Are you feeling better than you did earlier, LG?

Let's hope you get a good night's sleep now you are pain free :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Apr 2014 21:41

I do hope so YG.

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 21:06

Thanks, LG. It is worrying when it's your sight at risk. I usually get the bubbles when they first inject the fluid, but this is totally different. Maybe it will be a better result because of it!! :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Apr 2014 20:59

OH has had that and it did go away after a couple of days. Best try and rest it as much as you can and hopefully the soreness will go quickly. <3

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 20:53

It was really sore earlier on, but is settling down a little. The only thing this time is that I have big black floater at the bottom of my vision. I have never had them before and this is huge but they seem to think it is normal.