General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 6 + 1 of 2143

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Sep 2016 20:30

Yes YG. He had woken by the time you posted although we didn't go out until a bit later. The temps do drop a bit, mainly because the sun goes down ;-)

After over eating, yet again, we've decided to ignore 'starters' even if they o look good. We were going to different place for coffee, but it decided to rain. As OH thought it was the edge of a storm over Sicilly, he made us come back to the room. It was only a few spots! Instant coffee and 'pretend' milk isn't quite the same.

YG

YG Report 18 Sep 2016 17:51

Have a safe trip, Maz and a good rest. Plenty of relaxation :-) :-) :-) :-)

DET, I think your OH must have woken from his nap by now. Getting ready for dinner?? Enjoy your evening and what I think might be a very enjoyable temperature now the sun is going down :-) :-)

Just off to get my dinner ready and prepare for the grind tomorrow :-0 :-0

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 18 Sep 2016 17:16

hi there we are off in themorning I am not taking a laptop so may not be on much back friday evening we both need a ho;iday

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Sep 2016 14:49

Afternoon

Hope Maz & Frog got or will get off on time.

Yes, we are getting up at silly o'clock. Partly it's OHs fault as he wants his brekkie but do remember we're an hour ahead of the UK, so if its 1530 by my watch, its 1430 by yours. The 'maid' probably wanted a head start as its a Sunday, and possibly short staffed.
We've come indoors as our little bit of shade has disappeared. We'll leave it to the sun worshipers with hardier/darker skins. OH is having a siesta. That'll teach him to get up early!

Had an email from our friends. First her OH whom mine has known from yr 6 has as yet unexplained heart problems, then yesterday her dad had a major stroke. She doesnt know if she's coming or going.

Keep up the good work. Glad we don't have any pets. We're trying to persuade J not to get a dog.

YG

YG Report 18 Sep 2016 12:20

Hi LG, a quick lunch break before I vacuum the car out :-D :-D

The four legged monster will be up to mischief too, without the help of any others, big or small :-D :-D :-D She loves pinching shoes, so I am going to have to make sure they are all hidden safely away :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Sep 2016 11:08

Morning. :-D :-D :-D. Dog and tiddler gang up to make mischief so we will be kept on our toes. :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 18 Sep 2016 09:08

Good grief, DET :-D :-D :-D What are these early mornings about :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Is the sunshine getting you out of bed early as well as room service :-D :-D

LG, one playful pup is enough for me!! Thank goodness I don't have the gds as well :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Sep 2016 07:27

Morning all

Not long until your baby sitting weekend LG. You must be looking forward to it. You'll have your hands full what with 2 children, a toddler AND a dog!

Room service came early this morning - we're an hour ahead of the UK - OH told them to come back later.

Have a good journey Maz.
Catch you later.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Sep 2016 23:31

Looking in to say goodnight as we are off up the wooden hill. Catch you all tomorrow I hope <3 <3 <3.

Sleep well everybody

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Sep 2016 22:37

First week in October YG, can't wait oh and we are dog sitting too. :-D :-D.
I got 2 small stocking fillers today :-0

YG

YG Report 17 Sep 2016 21:57

Hi LG :-) :-)

No, it wasn't very expensive and I hadn't had lunch and V had just finished work, so a treat that I didn't object to at all :-) :-) It didn't cost me anything else ;-) ;-)

One more seasonal gift bought to help fill that sock for my friend :-D :-D :-D

How long to your baby sitting weekend now? I bet you are looking forward to it :-)
I am babysitting the dog at the beginning of November, but only for one night. I think they already suspect that we might do a runner so I don't have to give her back :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Sep 2016 21:06

Both typing together there YG :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Sep 2016 21:06

I understand football :-D :-D :-D :-D. The boys did well again they must be on a roll.

DET was it the usual first port of call that I make every time I get home ;-) :-D :-D :-D.

Not too expensive then YG :-D. I am waiting to see how we get on with our babysitting weekend with three of them it will not be that cheap. Spent out on them today already as we saw some super character PJs and could not resist.

YG

YG Report 17 Sep 2016 21:04

Evening DET :-)

What a day of trials and tribulations for you :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 Can I put a big bet on the area of the ensuite that you headed for once you got into the room :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I hate those swipe cards with a vengeance :-D :-D :-D When my friend and I went to London for the weekend a couple of years ago, we inserted it the wrong way and couldn't get in the room We were absolutely shattered after a lot of walking and I had to make three journeys down to reception two floors down and still didn't sort it. We finished up with a gentleman in a room opposite helping us out :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Sep 2016 20:43

'Interesting' day, today.
Firstly, it did rain, sort of but nothing to write home about.
The hotel courtesy bus was 45 mins late collecting us to come back. Natural I was 'bursting' but daren't wander off to find a loo in case it went with out us.
Then this evening, we had trouble getting into our room. Got the swipe cards changed but they still didn't work. Eventually a man was called out to change the batteries. Guess which area of the ensuite was my first port of call? :-\

Maz, In case you don't get much of a chance to log on tomorrow, have a lovely time away.

Not ignoring you David. Just don't know anything about football!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Sep 2016 20:36

Strange how you can never have a 'free' chat time with V, YG. She can wind you round her little finger. It won't be long before the youngest gets in on the act, then you'll know it. ;-)

YG

YG Report 17 Sep 2016 20:30

Evening everyone :-)

A hectic, but pleasant afternoon spent with V. It cost me sandwiches, cake and hot chocolate :-D :-D :-D :-D

Had an hour with M when I dropped her off at home. R was upstairs painting the bedroom ceiling, so didn't have much conversation with him :-D :-D :-D :-D I daren't go upstairs or I might have had a paint brush stuck in my hand ;-) ;-) ;-)

David

David Report 17 Sep 2016 20:06

Your team's looking good lately S
NUFC are brilliant again. they're just in the wrong league

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Sep 2016 17:23

Afternoon all. :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 17 Sep 2016 11:15

morning all
I have cleared a tray of admin here and also hoovered the top half of house now just catching up my self ,to make sure I have done everything I need to so far .Froggy should be here later on .The server at work is playing up so he is hoping he will be able to get it settled to get away today.