General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 8 + 1 of 2117

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Aug 2016 13:20

That would be a moisturiser David. And yes, you do have muscles in your bum! Could they be aching from when you did your marathon to the end of the road?
Could you be laying on a mattress button?

Maz - I bet you were biting your tongue about child care. It's always difficult for first time parents. By the time or if no. 2 comes along, they're much more relaxed.
You must be tired after your trip and work. Very wise to pace yourself today.

Think we're going out, but not sure where.

David

David Report 20 Aug 2016 12:42

I've got a large tub of something for psoriasis and eczema
Got it when my leg was like wood. :-S

I haven't muscles in my buttock, have I ?

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 20 Aug 2016 12:35

Afternoon all just got in , I have the washing in ,and admin to do prior to sorting tea out back on sleep tomorrow afternoon s i am just going to pace myself
Those rubs don't help me at all they burn which does not help the fibro ,I find attempting to move is the best to help pain and not getting too stiff in the first place .
My little man will be a handful he is running rings around his dad already

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Aug 2016 12:04

Morning all

Love the photo Maz. He sure does look as if he'd be heavy when he's picked up. Has N tried using a sling if he fusses too much when he's put down?

YG, despite the path & road being wet, our grass is stil rock hard.

Hope the cream that YG suggested helps you David. If that doesnt, it is possible to use one that contains ibroprofen. Mind you, my GP doesnt think much of it. We're assuming the cause is muscular. If its a trapped nerve, then DIY treatment won't help.

Have you been taken shopping LG?

We both got up late. No idea what we'll do today. Probably not a lot!
Had a strange dream last night. Someone took a travel bag of clothes from our house then returned it. The wallet & purse where still inside, but the Euros taken. The sterling was still there :-S

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2016 21:59

Evening proud Nanna Maz. He looks and sounds adorable. <3.
I tried other gels too but no good. Years ago we used to use White Horse Linament, smelly but effective. Dad used to swear by it for his rheumatism

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 19 Aug 2016 21:56

evening all
He is a joy to hold rather heavy and very willful he is 7 weeks today .He has a pet lip just like his mother lol been a long day just logging off see you all tomorrow

YG

YG Report 19 Aug 2016 21:45

It should help with mild pain though, LG. It sorts my shoulder out when I need it. If it doesn't work for David, then he needs to ask the chemist for something stronger over the counter or visit his gp.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2016 21:21

Evening all, Voltarol does nothing for me what so ever but there again my pains are as stubborn as the rest of me. :-D :-D :-D.

YG

YG Report 19 Aug 2016 21:04

Errrr, don't think so, but just be careful and don't get too close ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

David

David Report 19 Aug 2016 20:42

Thank you Det, I'll ask the cleaner to get me some tomorrow.

Does it sting ? it's close to a sensitive area.

YG

YG Report 19 Aug 2016 20:34

Evening everyone :-)

Weekend already and two days off :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D It has been miserable weather though all day, but the garden is smiling :-) :-)

DET, well done to your OH, a bit more progress with the decorating. He is certainly getting a move on with it ;-) ;-)

LG, if you are mobile again soon, there will be no stopping you. Make sure you are ok first :-) :-) :-)

David, try some Voltarol gel. It is clear, absorbs well without being greasy and doesn't smell the house out like some other muscle rubs.

David

David Report 19 Aug 2016 19:22

Sorry for not posting earlier, been here and there accomplishing nowt.

I have a pain in my left buttock, top, near tail bone.

Had it for a while, not just today.

Blame it on the fact I have been on my back since the injury,

What can you apply or rub in??
Not serious enough for the Doctor, but no less a pain.
Maybe I should substitute the word pain with discomfort.

Would dread bed sores !!! :-0 :-0

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Aug 2016 19:16

Evening all

LG - yep, that probably why I thought there was a 'spare' knocking around ;-)
Hope you haven't over exerted yourself catching up with your bits and bobs.

We decided against going out. OH cleaned and painted the loo ceiling (2 coats) while I shuffled bits of paper around and did a bit of the dreaded. For all we know it may have rained heavily close by, l we got a fine drizzle. It didn't do the water butts much good :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2016 10:23

As if I would DET ;-) :-D :-D :-D. I am at least catching up with loads of bits and bobs about the place including loads of research bits that needed printing off for filing.
Just realised why you were confused over car it's because I always call his car the works wagon :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Aug 2016 10:14

Ah. Sorry. From what you've said on other occasions, I'd assumed there was a spare. Even though OH had contacts in the trade, it still takes time to source a replacement. Knowing you, it's just as well you've been stranded. It stops you dashing hither and thither :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2016 09:57

Morning DET, we have not got a spare works car only R's which he is drives,but Stepson has one which he does not use yet as he is just learning to drive now. I have not been able to use it yet however as BiL had his engine blow so he has had to use it. Hopefully his will be fixed and back on the road today so by tomorrow I could well be mobile again. Not been too bad without one as I have rested up which has probably done some good.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Aug 2016 09:52

Morning all

What a lovely photo Maz. How old is he now? Will you be making your way back the next time you have enough time off? <3

Hmm - you know those flowers your colleague gave you YG? Do you think she was trying to soften the blow? Cut staffing levels to the minimum and something's going to break. Is there any way you can 'borrow' another pair of hands if the load gets too great?

LG - there's no point in rushing to get a replacement car if none available are 'right'. Can you borrow the works spare for the time being? Perhaps OH is making sure you stay put and rest!

V dull and a bit damp. Like at LGs, it's hardly enough to wet the ground. It's going to look funny watering the pots in the drizzle. After discussions with OH, we decided we need to get some exercise. If it doesnt start to pour, we'll do a couple of circuits of a country park. If not, he'll get on with the decorating.

Catch you later.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Aug 2016 09:16

Good morning all, light rain here at the moment but not enough to water garden properly yet, looks like I will have to get the hose out later

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Aug 2016 20:47

Just got back from getting a bit of shopping in. OH had to drive me into town as still no wheels :-(

YG

YG Report 18 Aug 2016 18:09

Sorry I missed your post there, Maz. We were more or less typing at the same time :-)

What a lovely bundle of joy. You now need N to keep sending you lots of pics as he will change so quickly <3 <3

LG, someone threw one down outside my side gate a couple of weeks ago and I could hardly contain myself until I got in the house :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D It did look a bit decrepit though, so it wasn't worth saving :-D :-D :-D :-D