General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 9 + 1 of 2323

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 19:24

Evening all, I have only got an apple to chomp :-( :-( :-(.

YG

YG Report 14 Mar 2017 19:17

Sains****s used to round down, DET. You had to work a full half hour over to qualify for payment, but if you clocked in 2 minutes late, they docked 15 mins pay :-0 :-0

Good to hear that you had a lovely day, Maz. LG will be licking her lips now :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 14 Mar 2017 18:21

evening all
we had a lovely day , Lemon tops were Yummy LG i zipped one over to you ,Its the one thing I would miss here in the north east .
The sun was quite strong its an hour on the train from Bishop so very good the town is suffer quite a lot but its flat and the coast great day .
i am going to Newcastle tomorrow with work so may catch a magpie lol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Mar 2017 18:13

My goodness YG. What an interesting day you've had :-D Will you sneak into their relaxing area when you're hoping to hide?
It's worrying that so many people are planning to leave in the next few months. Unless the powers that be get a grip on the situation, the charity isn't going to be able to deliver. They seem to have forgotten the back room support staff are just as necessary as the point of contacts.

Ann - if you can hear his coughing, it must be loud! I agree re the paper hankies. It isn't as if we do boil washes now a days.

YG, we are 'casuals' on an hourly rate. Our pay is calculated from our signing in book. Consequently I'll get paid for an additional 1hr 30min today. The only thing which annoys me is that rather than round to the nearest 15 mins, they always round down. It's not much in the great scheme of things, but all the same....
The over running of the exams means the classroom isn't available for scheduled lessons. Those teachers aren't happy bunnies.

YG

YG Report 14 Mar 2017 18:05

Boo, LG :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I have been busy :-0 :-0 :-0 I ache tonight though, after cleaning shelves in cupboards and climbing on a kick stool to sort out the tops of the cupboards. We have thrown a load of marketing material in the paper recycling bin, and several more boxes to go yet. It will have to be a couple per week, as the bin fills quickly and brochures are very heavy.

I think my line manager was getting concerned that I would fall off the stool. He has to look after the elderly in his care ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 17:29

Evening YG :-D. My word you were busy

YG

YG Report 14 Mar 2017 17:17

Evening everyone :-)

The 3 IT guys and me have been having a clear out this afternoon and it went down well as we are all totally demoralised at the moment so we skipped 'work' tasks :-0 :-0

The team that were sitting temporarily in our section have moved elsewhere, thank goodness, and there was just one of them to move out. As space is very restricted in their new office, they needed a straight desk, rather than the curved modular desk, so IT offered one that they had and they were moving it this afternoon. It left quite a nice square area at the end of their section which I thought they were going to use for storing obsolete computer equipment until it was collected, but they had other ideas!!! I got involved in tidying up my section and had a spare table, so they swapped it with a small coffee table out of the meeting room, brought two comfy chairs from the rest area and made a little coffee break area of their own :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I've got to admire their thinking, but I don't know what our director will say when she visits again >>>>>>>>> not that we care after what she has done to my colleague :-D :-D :-D

There are a few people leaving over the course of the next few weeks, so I would have thought that they would have recouped the amount that they have knocked off next years budget, with finishing my colleague. Who knows, maybe I'm next on the hit list :-D :-D :-D :-D

Maz, wish Frog a very happy birthday from me and I hope you have both had a lovely day out and lots of lemon tops, just to make LG jealous :-D :-D

DET, not a good day for you by the sound of it; I hope they pay you for he additional time that you had to work. It sounds as though the teacher caused mayhem for everyone :-0

Ann, are you feeling refreshed now you have had your hair makeover :-) I hope your OH recovers from his cold quickly.

David, how are you today? :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Mar 2017 17:08

Det, he doesn't get man flu although he does fuss around coughing and sneezing and moaning because I make him use tissues and he would prefer hankies. But he does acknowledge it is just a cough/cold. His cough is sooo loud though it drowns out any speech on the news on TV. Luckily he has never been one to take to his bed, he would rather be out in the garden with his germs (or on the golf course).

We actually went to a local garden centre and bought plug plants ready for the hanging baskets so they can go in the greenhouse while we are away in April, for our neighbour to water them.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 15:15

Afternoon DET, all well at the dentist just the usual check up and polish

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Mar 2017 14:57

Afternoon all

How you are enjoying your day at the seaside Maz. Did you take your buckets & spades? ;-) :-D

Ann, it'll be a blessing to get out of a germ laden house and be pampered for a while. Does he get man-flu or acknowledge it's only a cold?

How did you get on at the dentist LG?

Work. Yes. Well. It turns out that it wasn't just our passwords which were invalid, although it was my late night email which highlighted the problem.
The line manager quickly knocked up a crib sheet to help everyone involved to administer the exam. Like most things, if you know what you're doing, you omit some of the noddy like basic moves which could be new to others.
A 12 noon finish ended up as 1320. That was the teachers doing, not the 'product'. Instead of coaching then sending in half the class, he was doing 2 students at a time. 3 out of 21 are having to do it this afternoon with the line manager supervising. As if she didn't have enough to do!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 14:48

Watching Time team and scanning off some soldier files :-D :-D :-D

David

David Report 14 Mar 2017 12:45

You enjoy it whatever you do. Put a Queen CD on. :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 11:49

Good morning David, just got back and thank goodness in for the rest of the day

David

David Report 14 Mar 2017 11:17

Hello and good morning all :-D <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 09:43

Morning Ann, I am off to the dentist in an hour, oh lucky me :-|. NOT!!!. It's a grey day here today but at least it's dry at the moment

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Mar 2017 09:32

Good morning all, have a lovely day Maz. Not a lot going on here today, OH still coughing/sneezing for England. Haidressers this afternoon so a not particularly exciting or onerous day. Still it looks bright and dry out there. :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Mar 2017 09:04

Morning all. :-D :-D :-D
Happy Birthday to frog, I hope he enjoys his lemon top :-| said through gritted teeth ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Mar 2017 22:24

Evening all YG you will have to put your foot down ,do not take any c@@@
We are just going for the day its only an hour by train so not too bad glad it wasnt today as the strike was on .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Mar 2017 22:14

No :-0 :-(

Added - yes BUT both mine and his passwords etc are 'invalid' :-| :-| :-( :-(

YG

YG Report 13 Mar 2017 20:20

Have you managed to get a connection yet?