General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 9 + 1 of 2255

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 13 Jan 2017 19:47

Too right, LG. I am not going to enjoy it at all :-( :-( I am supposed to stripping the lounge out tonight, but can't be bothered :-0 :-0 I'll just have to do a bit before I go to bed and finish off in the morning :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 19:42

Evening YG. Oooo I don't like the sound of having doors open at this time of year. Make sure you have your winter warmers on :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 13 Jan 2017 19:23

Evening everyone :-D

It's enough to freeze certain parts of a brass monkey here :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

We had about an hour of snow showers from 7am this morning. A lovely drive to work!! As it was wet it didn't settle, then we had blue skies this afternoon :-D :-D :-D

An early start in the morning as they are coming to clean the carpets and suite at 8.30am :-( :-( That means the front door will be partly open for a couple of hours, as the machine is too big to bring in, so they trail the hoses through. As they missed the mid year clean that they should have done, they are going to protect the carpets and suite free of charge, but it will take longer for them to dry. Not sure what I can sit on tomorrow night :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LG, well done with the weight loss. You are being a good girl :-) :-)

DET, did your OH make an attempt at the ATM or did the cold weather deter him from going out?

Maz, keep the snow up there please ;-)

Hi Ann. Good to hear that you had a nice day today. A successful shopping trip as well ;-)

Evening David. I hope you have stayed in safe and warm today. We don't want you slipping on any ice or snow and doing more damage :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 18:59

Evening Ann, it is bitterly cold here now I am glad to be back home. No snow now at least so that's something to be thankful for.

Mmmm DET one of my favourites. I have just finished my batch of homemade Tomato soup and I will cook up something different tomorrow, probably Broccoli and onion,,, Delish :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2017 17:04

Phew! That took a while to catch up. Don't know why but I seem to have missed you yesterday. I was busy all afternoon making cards.

We had a small amount of snow this morning. We had planned to go into town, which we did, walking very carefully to the bus stop. No snow in town of course but it was bitterly cold in the wind. We walked briskly down to Gloucester Quays at the docks, surprised to find quite a few people down there. Managed to get a nice Per Una top in M&S Outlet shop for almost half price. Other than that we didn't buy anything but did have some nice fish and chips and a glass of wine in Wetherspoons. and the snow had all gone from the paths when we got back to the village. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2017 16:01

You have had a busy morning. Did you go out this afternoon?

I've been making so call French onion soup. That'll do for lunch, or if we decide on salad tomorrow.
Roast pork with trimmings tonight. Why wait until Sunday?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 12:19

:-D :-D :-D :-D. It was that strong it almost pulled the pushchair out of her hands so they will be able to hold that down for her :-D :-D :-D.

I best get on now as lunch prep beckons. I have been a busy bee today with all the ironing and all the bedrooms cleaned aren't I the good one ;-) :-D :-D :-D.
Catch you later enjoy the rest of the day <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2017 12:12

They'll have to hold tight to Mum or take off like Mary Poppins :-D

The people to be worried for are those on the East Coast who could be flooded with the Spring Tide & storm surge. So many of them refuse to be evacuated as they've had groundless alerts in the past. It's rather like crying 'wolf'. They've lost belief in the warnings.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 12:01

The sun is out here now DET and the roads are fine so I will venture out unless it turns nasty in the meantime. At least we have not got the high wind as H has. They have closed of the road by the seafront at one end as the wind is so bad it is sending huge waves over the prom. :-0 :-0. The mini gooners struggled up the steep hill to school with it in their faces this morning but will be ok later as they will get blown down it instead :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2017 10:54

Morning all

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to much LG.
At least where Maz is with her's, they know how to cope with it and don't go into hysterics. Take care both of you when you go out.

Do your clients get excited when it snows, or are they so over it?

At the moment we have a slow thaw combined with snow falling. Last night there was hardly any wind, unlike today. I think we'll be staying indoors!

David

David Report 13 Jan 2017 10:29

I bet you have a sled and huskies as well LOL :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 09:14

Oh trust me David I do. Huge parka and boots with good treads on, to top off I have my beloved Red and white scarf and Bobble hat. I look just like Eskimo Nell :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Jan 2017 09:13

we got snow here plenty at the moment ,I am on the sleep tonite and its due again Froggy has loads of snow ,buses are running so the roads are clearing at least

David

David Report 13 Jan 2017 09:11

If you have to go out wrap up warm and wear appropriate footwear :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jan 2017 09:00

Morning, a little flurry of white stuff here but it has not settled YET !!!. Hopefully it will come to nowt as I have to go out just after lunch , but seeing as it is not urgent as such I can cancel if need be.

David

David Report 13 Jan 2017 07:36

Morning all <3 Bitterly cold here and snowing, stay safe.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2017 23:24

Well done on both counts, and we'll keep our fingers crossed that you don't have a nasty white surprise in the morning. If anything, if you are out and about, it'll be icy side roads you'd need to worry about.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Jan 2017 22:23

WW was good a bit more of me gone :-D :-D :-D, Committee meeting was over and done with in an hour with no hassle so back home in the warm nice and early :-D. We had heavy snow for an hour but it was too wet for it to settle. I agree with you re the cards

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2017 22:15

That's what he was planning LG. You've 3 tries before you're blocked out. The trouble with his idea is that he'll only take out one card and 2 sets of numbers to try once. I'd thought there'd be less days lost if he took both the cards even if he only used the same 2 sets of numbers....if you can understand that!
How did your various meetings go?

Maz - if you're saying it's cold, It must be really cold!

Apparently people locally have been complaining that the gritters haven't been out. TBH (and the depth isn't anything to get worked up about) if they'd have gone out when it was raining, the salt/grit would have washed away.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Jan 2017 21:23

Just a thought DET put a card into an atm and try a pin no. If it does not log in it won't be the right one. Trial and error should find which one belongs to which card