General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 9 + 1 of 2415

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 11 Jun 2017 11:00

Morning everyone :-)

Oh for a lovely Sunday stay in bed, and best buddy sends a text at 6.30am waking me up :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I wouldn't mind, but it was a response to one that I sent to her yesterday lunchtime :-0 :-0

A dry breezy day here, so trying to dry remains of washing. If you want some more ironing, DET, I can send it over. Promise there are no shirts :-D :-D

A full complement of cars outside again, I think it is the boys football tournament so I won't be taking a walk to investigate!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Jun 2017 09:48

Morning all

Not as sunny as it was yesterday, but the washing should dry. One downside of OH working is that he creates one dirty 'office' shirt per day. It's the ironing that's the chore :-0

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 23:32

What's wrong with magnolia? :-S :-D
Bet you were glad to get home, Maz.

Have you been up the ladder LG, or was OH playing with his cars?

It sounds as if you had a great afternoon & evening out YG. Time your visits right and you can avoid cooking ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Jun 2017 23:00

How lovely YG. I hope M had a great birthday. Nite nite, sleep well and hopefully catch you tomorrow sometime <3

YG

YG Report 10 Jun 2017 22:54

Oh no you can't, LG :-D :-D :-D :-D

We are already fired up and ready to go while your back is turned :-D :-D

DET, you didn't make your tour of the gardens after all, even on your own :-( :-( Ah well, a job well done for J, even if it left you shattered ;-) ;-)

Maz, hopefully you can settle down and have a quiet night :-)

I nipped down to see d.i.l. and was only going to stop for an hour or so. I finished up being asked to stay for dinner tonight and I didn't leave until 10pm, so it has made a very refreshing change from sitting here on my own :-)

Off to bed with some hot milk, biscuits and the kindle :-D

Sleep well everyone :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Jun 2017 19:32

I am sure I can find a suitable colour Maz ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 10 Jun 2017 19:29

we can put all kinds on top of magnolia lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Jun 2017 19:28

Watch it Maz, I an painting here at the moment but certainly not Magnolia

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 10 Jun 2017 18:42

evening all
just had tea and looking in quick it has been a busy shift dodging the painters ,Thought i would nick some magnolia here then we can have a blank canvas while her maj is away

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 18:03

Well, dunno about A, but 'Gamma' is shattered! Up, down. Sit there. No there. Go and fetch the balls etc etc. She wasn't too bothered when Mummy went out, but did want to know where 'Gangan' was.
Once the jobs were completed, and J had had enough of marking, we went for coffee at the garden centre. We didn't stay long as they were trying to close up. As BM said, he'd been spoiled by the Mall which is open to at least 9pm.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 12:49

Change of plan - would I go round and look after A while her mum does the weekly shop then GCSE exam marking. It would be easier if A was dropped round here, but hey ho.

David

David Report 10 Jun 2017 11:54

Sorry Det, I'm like that. To have a book read to you I get young American girl's voice reading too fast. So I was looking for an alternative reader and a slower reading speed (didn't find either)

Did find a lot of other settings, some I altered.....wish I hadn't bothered now :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 11:13

Err...why did you bother with that, David. Stop tinkering :-D

David

David Report 10 Jun 2017 11:07

I altered some of the settings on my Kindle Fire last night and put a password in parental controls.

It's working itself this morning :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 10:39

I've emailed J to see if she & A are interested. If she's not or is otherwise occupied, I'll go by myself. There's rarely a weekend when they aren't out & about. This afternoon is probably the only time BM is free.

YG, why not pop over to the park to see what's going on? You might enjoy it :-D
Have fun at M's 2nd birthday celebrations.

YG

YG Report 10 Jun 2017 10:26

David, I have Windows 10 and use the Settings option to access the mouse properties. You can select which pointer you want to use as the default. It may settle it down for you.

David

David Report 10 Jun 2017 10:09

Morning YG< it has been raining heavily over night, just stopped much cooler The Hoppings must be due, they always bring the rain with them :-(

The optical mouse is a pain, just changed the batteries.

YG

YG Report 10 Jun 2017 09:58

Morning everyone :-)

It has been raining here through the night, but looks as though it is brightening up a little now.

There appears to be an event on in the park, so there has been a constant stream of cars for the last half hour and as ever, those that don't want to pay to park, have used both sides of the main road and outside my front gate :-( :-( :-( I won't be going anywhere until mid afternoon otherwise I won't be able to find a space to park when I get home. :-| :-|

DET, what a shame that you can't make the most of the sunshine and have a look round the gardens. Couldn't the light fitting be done tomorrow, or later today?

Morning David, are you sharing the rain with me while DET basks in sunshine!

I will be visiting R&M as it was M's birthday yesterday. R was taking her out for a meal last night, so couldn't go then.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2017 08:56

Morning all

David, the mind's gone blank re the symbols. The hand usually implies you can 'grab & drag' the image around the screen, especially if it's too large to see in one go. It saves using the sliding bar.
The arrow shows you were the curser is. Once you've positioned it where you want to type, you click to make it stay there.
It's something we just do automatically!

We're promised a pleasant & sunny day. I had intended dragging OH on a local 'Garden Safari' around various properties. The home owners have opened them to raise money for 2 hospices. However, he's been asked to put up a light fixture at BM's.

What ever your plans, have a good one.

David

David Report 10 Jun 2017 08:07

Hello, good morning <3 <3

Why does my optical mouse sometimes show an arrow
and sometimes show a hand ?
Other times it shows a different symbol....is it broke ?