General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 11 + 1 of 1547

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 09:47

It is a mystery. It's not as if any of us have said something controversal elsewhere to attract an over active peter pointer and the occassional additions of those that do, tend to get lost amongst the general witty repartee on this superior thread.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 09:50

Who knows why it disappered but may it rest in peace LOL. Now typing with frozen fingers as I have just emptied my small freezer to defrost. Just looked in big one and oh boy I think I will be having a cook up for the cats LOL

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 09:51

Hands, sit on - lol!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 09:56

No time for that I am being invaded by a very small noisy person soon LOL. Just trying to re assemble the Christmas window lights that said small child try to demolish LOL

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 10 Dec 2009 10:13

Don't feel too bad about an inquisitive nature. Borrow Sweetpea from the CPs compound and he and the little tacker will entertain each other for hours, swapping technological stories of derring do, and when grandma said "don't".

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 10 Dec 2009 12:07

Oh that reminds me, I have to sort out my freezer as well.

Ahem, the buns Shelly made went missing, wonder how they got here.

(@) (@) (@) (#) (#) (#)

YG

YG Report 10 Dec 2009 18:26

What buns!!! Missed 'em!! Not guilty!! Bet they weren't as good as DETs florentine cookies!!!! Aunty's still drooling thinking about them!

More work next year DET!! Exactly!! Going to be bringing it home for a while!! Oh what fun!!

LG, pleased to hear you are starting to feel a bit brighter. I think we'll manage to rear you for Christmas!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 20:00

Buns are probably more filling! Add your fudge cake and we can have a sugar laden , carbohydrate party.

(wonder if Aunty can put on virtual pounds just by reading hee hee)

Not another one bringing work home. If you do that you've even less chance of getting another employee.

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 10 Dec 2009 20:02

Yes I am drooling. I seems to be a constant drool. Everywhere I go I am surrounded by cakes and biscuits and lollies and chocolate.

Why do people eat so much at Christmas time. Fair puts a thinking woman's diet right off track. My aquaintances and associates think I'm some sort of nutter. (Oh boy, little do they know!!) They are all tucking into the yummies and I'm quieting drooling at a distance.

Oh I could do that as well, but in the six weeks I have been nutritionally good I have lost four and a bit kilos and some of my summer clothes now fit. The mob are going to Maccas for breakfast this morning. Now I ask you what chance do I have!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 20:13

Mc D's with the golden arch? Ugh - can't think of anything less appetising for brekkie. It does make sense for N hemisphere residents to eat too much in December...we are stocking up on carbs for the really cold months ahead. But why do it when its summer? Must be genetic heritage . lol!

Well done with your weight loss. Saving money on junk food, and by not having to buy new clothes.

{have you managed to wind Janey up yet ; -) }

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 20:27

Evening all

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 10 Dec 2009 20:28

food food lol i am sick of food
as i sit here eating bbq chicken fed up with chocolate and parties not lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 20:32

Hi Maz, thank goodness my parties are over and can now concentrate on my own festivities.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 10 Dec 2009 20:47

hello i am trying to get my act together have some cards written and no decorations up am away all day on saturday so will have to get stuck in on saturday ,I hae a little time tomorow afternoon too

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 20:49

Have not done any cards and only very few decorations. Ican't as yet find the energy or for that matter the time.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 21:01

Good grief - and I thought I was the unprepared one! Mind you, as you are going to work full time or have other voluntary commitments, you do have excuses.

(Deep breathe) Cards written and in the post, pressies bought and wrapped. pud bought, turkey breast in fridge to cook, slice and freeze at the weekend, wine for meal in the rack, crackers, paper table cloth and serviettes obtained, lots of nibbles bought, Gammon joint in the freezer. Need to get decorations down from the loft next week.

>>>>> to hide in front of TV - lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Dec 2009 21:02

Meat is all prepared and sorted. Great having 2 butchers in the family LOL.

YG

YG Report 10 Dec 2009 22:06

I've ordered some pressies this week. Might go shopping on Saturday to do some more and then finish off when I am off next Thursday and Friday.

Going to buy myself some treats for the days after Christmas. Cranberry and brie parcels and dreamy miniature desserts ...........................more calories!! And I have a big tin of Milo to snuggle up with in the evenings when I am going to put my feet up, chill out and relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxx!!

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 10 Dec 2009 22:44

You lot put me to shame. My Christmas Card day will be Saturday afternoon. Only about 30 to do. I bought plants for the workplace. Inspiried genius. Not too expensive and if properly cared for wil last longer than food.

Still have to sort out what the family wish to do but it will probably be lunch at our house. I will have a week and a bit to sort everything and then it will all be over.

For DET. Re Janey. Nope, not a peep, Has probably stowed away on the Arsenal Ark Royal awaiting the cruise into which ever warmish island the said vessel bumps. Need to brief the Cyber Pets that it will not be appropriate to roster her on for cabin staff duties should she be discovered on board.

YG!! You have Milo. Just remember, if you are desperate.... sit on chair, put Milo can on lap, open can with spoon, take out large spoonful of Milo, put into mouth and crunch................... hmmmmmm!!!

Oh drats, I'm drooling again. And it goes on icecream, into cold milk, into hot milk, into smoothies.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2009 23:14

AS and YG are both lucky in different respects. Aunty is because she can arrange who goes where only a week or so in advance - we have to start sorting it out 2 months before hand, who's in, who's out, who's staying with whom etc.

YG can indulge in little treats without having to buy or prepare for the multitude! When the offspring were young and we were being torn in even more directions, we did say we wished we could have gone away for Christmas. Offspring thought it a good idea, as long as I did the cooking - lol

Update on road works. 'They' have parked a storage container in our road. The box is near the junction. It is big and grey. There are no street lights. There is a big tree on the corner. Beta Male's mate nearly drove into the box when turning into the road because..............they haven't hung a light on it!!!!!!!!! At least if someone does slam into it tonight, we can pass on a council reference number relating to our complaint.

'Elf and Safety? They obviously think that because we are semi rural, we get up with the lark and go to bed with the sun!

(this story is going to run and run. Def a grumpy old woman - it's Xmas wot does it every year. Bah Humbug)