General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've seen snow today too :)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 17 Dec 2009 19:52

I've had a lovely day in Manchester today. It started off bright and crisp with clear blue skies. Had a lovely meal and browsed around the Bavarian Markets. Loads of stalls selling multicoloured hats and scarves; they also sold Bavarian sausages, cheeses, sweets and exotic dishes etc. Spent some time absorbing the atmosphere and drinking hot chocolate in the Bavarian Tavern , there was also mulled wines and spicy fruit juices etc.

The decorations and the giant father Christmas were lovely. It then began to snow and even covered the ground like a blanket, it made it feel even more Christmassy :)

Also made a special journey into Liverpool as it was late night shopping and as well as the Winter Trail they have (with painted penguins just like the mini lamb bananas they had at the Capital of Culture) they had street entertainers such as juggling elves and robots etc etc.

They also have lovely Bavarian markets, an old fashioned merry go round, skating rink and the big snowflake wheel at Liverpool one. However, the real highlight and reason why I made a trip there was to see the Genuine Father Christmas. I know he was genuine as he had lovely red cheeks, a genuine snowy beard and he had even brought his reindeers with him who were absolutely magnificent with those splendid antlers. There were even a few baby reindeers who were eating. The children just adored it.

Something else that caught my attention tonight was a little girl with a pretty smile wearing a pink cape. I haven't seen a cape on a child in years. She also had a rag doll with the biggest smiliest head and the longest stripy legs which looked as though it will give her many years of enjoyment.

On the way home, passing homes decorated with twinkling fairy lights and looking up at the clear skies and North Star, I thought that it was the little things that didn't cost any/much money that really made today special. Sometimes I go around with my head full of nonsense and my eyes closed and I miss all of that. Today my head was clear and my eyes open and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!