General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birthday Girls Card Making Group CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 18

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 13 Jan 2010 21:19

January 2010 and a new thread

The thread is for our card making group to chat and exchange news and ideas.
If you are not a member please join in our chat anyway, and if you think you would like to become a member please let me know. The aim of the group is to have fun and enjoy crafting!
Joxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 13 Jan 2010 21:54

Hope you all manage to find the thread OK

It has snowed here on and off all day.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2010 21:56

Yes found it and book marked it JO

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 14 Jan 2010 08:23

Good morning and thank you for the pm, have now bookmarked new thread.
Bit warmer over here this morning and damp and very grey, ideal day to shut myself away in the craft room with a good DVD on :))
Did do a lot of quick cards yesterday as want to show the class on Monday that you don't always have to do complicated folded cards. We did a window recess card this week and it did take them awhile to do it so thought I would give them an easier day where they can make a few different cards.
If you want some ideas for something a bit different, try the Splitcoaststampers and look in the resources section, I often see something on there and then adapt it to what I want.
xx Jill

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 14 Jan 2010 21:25

Jill thank you for the two sites you have posted this week. Splitcoaststampers has some lovely ideas in the resource section. I was looking for a box/bag template for my granddaughter to make to put sweets in she had made and there are some lovely ones on there.

Lots of fog today but it is warmer. Drove to my daughters this morning and got stuck on the motorway for well over an hour due to two accidents, the second on caused by idiots not noticing that the traffic was stationery with hazard lights on and caused another four car pile up!! Good job I wasn't desperate to go to the loo!!! Just made me very late to look after my grandson.

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 17 Jan 2010 10:11

Good morning to you all and hope every one's keeping well and having a good weekend.
Spent yesterday doing a slider champagne bottle card, the cork pulls up to show a spray effect and then I spayed the black bottle with dark green glimmer mist and added droplets of glossey accents to look like it had come out of the chiller. The only problem is that now I have to do a second one to show the next class as I will be giving this card away tomorrow . Another afternoon locked away with a glass of wine and a good dvd in my craftroom :))

Another useful place for templates ,Time for Crafting,lots are free to use but a few are only available in the online mag .

xx Jill

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 17 Jan 2010 11:36

Jill do you have pictures of your cards, would love to see them. The champagne bottle sounds fantastic. No wonder you teach crafting!! You ought to make some instructional videos!!

Lovely and sunny here this morning lets hope it lasts for a while to dry everything out.

Joxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2010 13:20

Jill that card sounds wonderful, you are very talented and very patient. I have never made a slider card myself although I have seen them in magazines. Sunny here today.

tinkers

tinkers Report 17 Jan 2010 13:36

hi jo thanx for ur message me found this post as well hope all is well ladies

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2010 22:14

FROM SYLVIA, POSTED ON OLD THREAD
Syljo Today at 21:47 Request review

Hallo everybody,
Well, is Spring just around the corner or not. Most of our snow has disappeared over night so I think I will get out this week.
I was going to Eindhoven today with Johan to our daughter's partner's birthday but my face looks so awful i couldn't face seeing lots of strange faces - and them all looking at me. I have anti-bacterial tablets for yet another lot of urine bacteria and these tablets have made my mouth sore, swollen lips and large red patches on either side of my mouth. I now have yet another tablet to help this allergy.It is painful trying to open my mouth to eat.
I did manage to catch up on some paperwork today. I had had some letters - mostly bank papers - which needed filing away.
On Saturday last I made a huge pan of Dutch pea soup and have frozen 10 portions in. When I am cooking or making cards it takes my mind off my aches and pains.
See you all tomorrow. Sylvia xxx

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 19 Jan 2010 08:34

Sylvia, so sorry to read about your painful face, hope it heals up soon with your new tablets.
Jo ,I will try and put some more photos of cards up on my photo section on FB but will have to remember to take photos:)
Have a class later today so might get them doing the champagne bottle, will keep them busy :))
Ann, there are many types of slider cards and some easier and quicker to do, one of my favourites is a card that slides out with a ribbon and once one has been done its very easy.
xx Jill

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 19 Jan 2010 12:26

Sylvia sorry to hear that you are having more problems. Hope the allergic reaction clears up very soon. Good to hear that your weather has improved, hopefully you will be able to get out again soon.

Jill slider cards are lovely have made a couple, but like you I never remember to take photos!!

Weather damp and miserable here today so off to light a nice log fire.

Joxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 20 Jan 2010 14:50

Well, they forecast snow for us again yesterday/today but nothing so far thank goodness but it has turned colder than the last few days.
Was hoping it would be nice today so I could clean my windows outside, they are so dirty, soon wont be able to see out of them!! Really should get a window cleaner.

Joxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jan 2010 15:38

We did have snow this morning, very wet stuff in the valley here but it did lay on the garden until it luckily turned to rain, higher up it has caused immense problems on the roads with several minor accidents causing traffic jams. Because it was expected to be wet stuff, not frozen the council didn't grit.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 20 Jan 2010 20:54

Ladies Carole posted the following message on FTF
Hi Birthday Girls
A belated 'thank you' to those of you that sent me such lovely cards,they certainly brightened up a cold snowy day.Having moved house I haven't had time to do anything much other than decorating and more decorating,but we seem to be getting on top of it now.I haven't been keeping up with every ones news but I hope you are all keeping well and happy.
Love Carolex

Can I just add that I am sending out a new spread sheet as half of the cards sent to Carole went to her old address.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 21 Jan 2010 12:16

Hi ladies, just to let you know I have received emails from Heather and Silvia because they are both unable to get on the post
Heather is well and hopes to get a computer soon as she thinks using her phone is too slow and that is what is causing her the problems.
But I have no idea why Silvia cannot get on here.

Weather here lovely and sunny today.

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 21 Jan 2010 18:11

Good evening to you all.
Been very foggy all day over here so locked my self away in my craft room :)
Is any one going to the Craft Barn do on 12th13th June? I am going with some ladies from time 4 crafting and staying over at a local Premier Inn and would be lovely to say hi to any of our BG .
Jo, received my updated list, thank you :)

x Jill

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 24 Jan 2010 23:38

Evening ladies. You should have all received the email from Silvia because she cannot get on the thread.
Can anyone suggest anything to help her. I have no idea at all what to suggest. PLEASE

Jill can I post your message on FTF as someone over there might be going.

Well another day of rain!

Making some stitched cards at the moment, nothing new, but I do enjoy doing them, find them relaxing in the evening, only thing I have difficulty with colours that are similar, must get a new daylight bulb!

Joxx

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 25 Jan 2010 08:36

Jo, yes please :)
Could you also send me a pm from there and I will try and get back on been ages since I posted:(

x Jill

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jan 2010 09:01

Good morning, I have not had an e mail recently from Sylvia. If it is just GR she has a problem with I can only suggest she e mails them. Or e mails one of us and asks us to email them for her.