General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Endometrosis - New Update 2nd Aug xx

Page 3 + 1 of 30

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 20 Sep 2010 14:35

Glad it went ok for you..I had an internal scan a couple of weeks ago and found that I have fibroids that keep making me bleed and have bad stomach pains..I am going to see a gynecologist on 9th November to see what they are going to do about them...

Take care
Jules x

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 20 Sep 2010 14:41

Jules Army Wife

Are bless you mate - l really hope you get on ok if possible let me know mate or send us a pm

Yours sound similar to mine but the pain was horrific had it in back legs stomach and pelvic bone ..

Menstral cycle way out of zinc

But may be thats what my GP will do with me as she did mention a Gynecologist but to have scan first.

Cooper

Cooper Report 20 Sep 2010 15:54

Hi im glad you have had your scan,
The GP wil probably refer you to a gynae consultant and based on your scan results they will work out a plan of care,
Ingrid is right about the laparoscopy, it is the next step in seeing what is going on. The consultant may want to run some more blood tests unless the GP has already done them.
Keep us posted

Teresa x

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 20 Sep 2010 16:00

Cooper.

Hi Theresa thank you for your help and i will of course keep you all updated.

May be thats what my GP will do hun when she has the results of my scan

x

TheLeithLassie

TheLeithLassie Report 20 Sep 2010 19:17

Hi Jules & Ice.
Hope you both get the correct treatment,. and the pains etc are cleared up soon.

Just remembered that I have a smear test due in a couple of months lol

Who would be a woman eh?

Take care girls

xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 20 Sep 2010 19:30

The leith lassie

Hi mate hope your ok and yes must admit so true ..

Put it this way dont think a man would cope

lol

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 20 Sep 2010 19:33

Jules, dont know how old you are, but if you have had all the children you want, if given the option, have a hysterectomy. You will feel real benefit from it. I have blessed the day I had mine 27 yrs ago, as they found suspicious cells there and if they hadnt my cancer would never have been found at the next consultation. Have really benefitted.

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Sep 2010 21:37

Clare Glad you are getting it sorted you will be fine love . to other ladies good luck with your ongoing scans & treatment . jean you are a credit to us ladies . Take care All Barbra xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 20 Sep 2010 21:41

(Jean Monmouth)

Wow thank you for sharing you experience mate i agree you are a credit to people.

I also have had suspicious cells in the past i have had positive tests and needed treatment.

Thankfully i have just had my last one only last month come back negative.

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 20 Sep 2010 21:47

Barbra

Are bless you again thank you for your message mate.

I am not sure what i would do although i will never have any more children.

But my doctor and the gynecologist said they either do a part or a full hysterectomy.now and it is all done via keyhole

I am not sure if anyone else has heard of this so i am not sure really what the difference is :-

And which one would be more beneficial long term so i may have to have a long chat with my GP

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 28 Sep 2010 18:30

Hi Everyone

Just to let you all know my doctors surgery have just rung me

I have been booked an appointment to see my GP next Wednesday 6th October at 10.00 am

Seems my results need to be discussed ...

Will keep you all informed

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 28 Sep 2010 19:08

From my memory, a partial hysterectomy means that they will leave your ovaries in place, otherwise you have an instant menopause. Keyhole surgery means just that, the smallest possible wound. Good luck, whatever.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Sep 2010 22:27

Hya Claire just seen up date . discuss how you feel yourself & get a full answer . you will be fine good luck Barbara x

Ingrid in Oz

Ingrid in Oz Report 29 Sep 2010 10:50

Just found your update.
Not to long now and you will know where your at.
As Barbara said, Ask lots of questions and make sure you get them answered. Write them down as you think of them over the next week so you don't forget any.
Will keep you in my thoughts.
Good Luck.

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 30 Sep 2010 10:57

Barbra And Ingrid

Are thank you both sorry reply took a while but with events over last couple of days.

I was totally shattered so had a 24 hour break from the computer

But thank you xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 6 Oct 2010 11:42

Hi Everyone

Just a little update as promised :-

Went to my doctors this morning where my GP told me scan showed a small fibroid ...

However this would not have caused all the problems i first showed up in A and E with :-

So i have now been referred back to Gynaecology and i have appointment to see them in November

Wow what a quick appointment - Doctor said it is up to gynacologist but in light off all my symptoms ...

That when i am there they will probably offer me the option of having the womb burned away with micro surgery it is similar to a hysterectomy however they no longer do that operation

So it looks like i should no more next month when i have seen the gynaecologist ..

Doctor has also prescribed Tranexamic acid tablets at 500mg a tablet and i have to take two three times a day - which i am only to take when i am having my menstrual cycle.

I have tried to google this micro surgery option which takes the womb away but cant find much out about it

So if anyone could help me with this i would be most grateful so i have a bit more information for when i go to see the gynacologist next month

x

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 6 Oct 2010 11:55

I have pm'd the info to you

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Oct 2010 11:58

Do you think this is it Claire

Micro-invasive Surgery for Endometriosis

Micro-Invasive Surgery for Endometriosis Laparoscopy is the most common procedure used to diagnose and remove mild to moderate endometriosis, requiring minimal invasive surgery and typically performed while the patient is under general anesthesia. Any visible endometriosis implants and scar tissue that may be causing pain or infertility are likely to be removed.

The procedure is usually done at an outpatient facility, although the surgery occasionally requires a hospital stay of a day. Patients are able return to their normal activities in one to two weeks. In comparison to open abdominal surgery, laparoscopic surgery results in less tissue trauma and scarring, smaller incisions, and can be performed on an outpatient basis with a shorter recovery time.

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Oct 2010 12:18

Claire
Thank you for update sent you a PM xx

Ingrid in Oz

Ingrid in Oz Report 6 Oct 2010 12:54

Thanks Claire for the update. Glad you go in to see Gyno in November.
Hopefully you will be sorted by Chrismas.xo