General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lets help one another out with a Weather

Page 0 + 1 of 16

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

R.B.

R.B. Report 29 Nov 2010 07:29

update on your part of the country.

Here in Guisborough (a small town between Middlesbrough & Whitby)we have had a lot more snow over night and its just started again.
ALL THE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ~ COLLEGE AS OF YET IS STILL OPEN.

Take Care and keep warm.

Lxxx

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 29 Nov 2010 07:34

Morning
In Berkshire West of Windsor.
Very cold -6C
No snow
Clear
Dry
Believe everything is running as normal.

Linda :o)

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 29 Nov 2010 09:01

West Berks ....

cold -3 down to -10
dry with sunshine
slippy paths and roads ...

Robert

Robert Report 29 Nov 2010 09:39

Whitley Bay (on the North East coast) At least 7" of snow - driving conditions very difficult.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2010 12:01

Gloucester, murky, dry, cold with a cold wind but no snow and no frost overnight although yesterday's frost is still with us.

Jane

Jane Report 29 Nov 2010 18:18

Kettering Northants
Just very very cold and thick frost.We had a few flakes earlier today,but have a feeling we will see some of the white stuff tomorrow.

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 29 Nov 2010 18:26

Washington, North East.

Knee deep in snow, snow storms, thunder and lightening.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Nov 2010 23:35

No snow here yet, but it's very cold, very clear with a cold looking moon, and eerily still here in Winchester.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 30 Nov 2010 00:17

East Yorkshire, Lots of snow and ice, so cold.
We are meant to take our daughter to the John Radcliffe hospital in oxford on wednesday, not sure what to do, its a long way in good weather never mind this.We will have to go sometime soon as she is to have surgery there in february. Whats it like down that way anyone on here know .

Linda

Linda Report 30 Nov 2010 00:31

Gosforth. newcastle upon tyne

snow blizzards.treacherous walking / driving conditions.

all public transport taken off at 6pm

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 30 Nov 2010 02:20

Good thread:)

There was one similar before but it disappeared.

But since GR have altered the format... not showing the time of the post , just to --one hr ago, 10 mins ago , I think it would be an even better idea if peeps added their times to their post.....Easier to relate to.(for a dumbo like me.lol)

Ebbw Vale ,S Wales ,UK
3 inches of snow still hanging around , pavments icy as are side roads, but main roads clear and gritted.
Currently cloudy sky, temp been minus 5 all day..but no snow:)

Sandie.
2.20am.

Oh my gosh seeing the time I must go to bed....lol
Edit.. there is a smilar thread going now on Chat.

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Nov 2010 03:46

2.45am Aylesbury Vale. Made porrage, filled vacuum flask, got sandwiches from fridge, lit the fire, settled husband at the table with porrage before him, which he ate, drank his tea.
I opened the gates to the road, he drove off to grit the roads around Aylesbury.
Now do I go back to bed, or stay up, in case he comes back in 3 hours to take another breakfast, or go back to a cold bed on my own....
Forgot to add, general sprinkling of snow, just enough to show white on the concrete.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Nov 2010 04:23

What a star your hubby is for doing such a cold horrible job, Margaret Rose. Hope he will get home safely and that his hard work helps save accidents happening.
O.h.'s brother in law did the same job last year in Norfolk but isn't working for the company this year, as he has a different night job.

In Norwich yesterday we had a few snow flurries that settled on top of slush and stuff and I drove home around 6.30pm and it wasn't too bad, but since then it has rained a bit, sleeted a bit and the wind has got up so not sure what the day has in store for us yet.( 4.25am)

Stay safe all of you. I am staying in today unless I need to pop to the local shop which is 5 mins walk away, can do it if the weather isn't too bad but won't risk falling again if it looks icy.

Lizx

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 30 Nov 2010 07:32

Morning
Light covering of snow in West Berkshire this morning.
0C temerature
Much warmer than yesterday

7:30 am

Have a good day everyone

Linda :o) XXx

Klara

Klara Report 30 Nov 2010 07:54

07:52 East Kent, just outside Dover
covering of snow here and very cold - currently have a couple of inches and looks like there is more to come. Have had no heating since Thursday and unlikely to be resolved until tomorrow at the earliest. Think may have to make some bread and soup later. Only one school in the area closed at the moment. Glad to have 4x4 this winter but hubby using it for work, so if school open will have to walk both ways this afternoon.

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 30 Nov 2010 07:56

Snow here in South Wales overnight. We have a slight covering but very icy underneath.

Alyson

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Nov 2010 07:56

Monmouth S.Wales

Morning....about 1" this morning. Will be in town soon for work, hope the other staff turn up cause l don't know the code for alarms.
Don't think schools are closed and l'm sure the A40 will be fine.

jude :o))

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 30 Nov 2010 07:59

London..,.,it has just started snowing, I had better take doggie to the park before it settles...lol...BC XX

Libby

Libby Report 30 Nov 2010 08:00

Conwy area, N. Wales

Light covering of snow overnight - looks like it has frozen over though.

It is supposed to be 2 degrees but feels a lot colder.

Carolee

Carolee Report 30 Nov 2010 08:05

Hello, Hope you all don't mind me adding:-))

Its 7pm in the evening in Victoria, Australia.

Its a bit cool and overcast, we've been having lots of rain with more expected over the next few days.

Tomorrow, Wednesday is the first day of our summer.

Carole :-))