General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Company on MIC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gaffa

gaffa Report 14 Dec 2010 21:29

I have a story about 'Edwin Evan Roberts 'ASC & RASC' Drv T4/058342 and would like to find out if it was true. His MIC card shows that he was in Egypt (3) on 17/5/1915, and demobbed 14/7/1919, but it doesnt state what company he was with.
The story goes, he was to do with Lawrence of Arabia and he used to look after his animals. He may have supplied the T.E Lawerence train with Food and Animal Feed etc. He caught Malaria and was shipped somewhere, the Dardenells and Salonika have also been mentioned.
I have found details that the T4 stands for Auxillary Horse Transport in the 4th Army[New Army from the RLC Museum Andy Robertshaw]
Can any one help me