General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 4 + 1 of 632

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 28 Jan 2011 14:50

Merlin~~~

No wonder you are a wizard.lol

Pen y Fan is closer to me than Shaun ( If it's the same one I'm thinking of )
Like Davies, Williams, Jones in Wales the are are many a Pen y Fan mountain:)

....Now there are 2, nearest I got to anything like that was a ciggie in my school days.

Annie G will keep an eye on me, sure she hasn't dabbled :)

Sandie.x

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Jan 2011 15:00

Used to go up and down till we got it right, or some B decided we had to do it again,for fun. "The Brecons" were our training grounds.**M** nearly ended up in Avalon.**M**.:o)>

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 28 Jan 2011 15:14

Merlin~~

The Brecon Beacons are slightly north of of me. If that's what you mean.
Naive... probably. not....

Don't know the lingo but certainly not gone to Avalon.lol..

Boring or what, sensible.. my parents, would have said, same here I would kick ar*se if my children ever dabbled in the likes off such .
Don't wish to sound like a saint !!!!! I'm not for one second.
$.x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Jan 2011 15:33

Sandie~~~~~ You have not got to go up to the Bluff,try the market hall in Hay.
Dizzi~~~~ Your ancestor who was born on the golf course was she named ``BIRDIE``?
Merlin~~~~~ Don't understand ie when I was three, his there something I should know? I cannot find a Pen y Fan in the map book, why would this be?
What's the puzzle , ``think I prefer Camelot?
Must dash, be back later.
Shaun

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 28 Jan 2011 16:31

Shaun~~~
~~~ to other peeps on the threadd
Assumption----- maybe wrong,:)..... Re then there were 3
Merlin , maybe thought I'd tried the magic mushrooms.. No..the h*ll not..
I have enough strange thoughts in my mind without resorting to those.
There is a Pen y Fan Pond near Blackwood (you'll find that on the map )
He's a magician ..remember:)**

Lol ..don't go to Hay on Wye any more.. ! Good for books tho:)

Sandie.x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jan 2011 17:21

We did climb Pen y Fan a few years back. Took the wrong path on the way back to the car and went about 2 miles more than we should have. Not helped by the extra half mile because I refused to cross a field containing a huge herd of cattle. It was a lovely day and the views were wonderful.

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 28 Jan 2011 17:37

Cows in a field are usually hoping that you have a feed sack with you, but I would be a bit wary about a field of bullocks. Most cows will move after a good slap on the rump. Son used to walk through cattle on his way up the fields to school. But I would not go into a field with a bull and cows, they are so jealous of anyone on their territory. our old cow used to love a good cwch and a tickle behind the ears!

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 28 Jan 2011 20:48

~~~~to everyone.

Sue x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 28 Jan 2011 20:52

yep :o) lol

When are you next at Gigrin Farm??

jude

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Jan 2011 21:06

Noswaith dda Gang. Are we going to reach the magic 100 tonight?
Sandie I was only joking, don't fret. Did any body see the Human Planet I did ask earlier, just wondered what you thought of their diet. I've been thinking which can be dangerous on times. Is there anybody out there who got relations in PATAGONIA where theirs Welsh speaking farmers whose descendants emigrated to Argentina in the early 19 century. The farmers established settlements such as TRELEW and ESQUEL. It would be great to hear from you. Got to go front door having a hammering.
Hope to be back soon.
Nos da

Von

Von Report 28 Jan 2011 21:31

Hi
Thought I'd make the hundredth.
I'm half Welsh- family from Newport in Pembrokeshire.
spent many happy hours there as a child.
Take care
Von

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jan 2011 09:46

Bora da everybody. Thank you Von for being the 100th post and welcome to the thread. Well I had to go in a bit of a hurry last night , visitors called in and I failed to get back online. Going on the last couple of days it was a quiet evening last night everybody seemed to be busy , but we made the 100 mark which I think is very good. You all have a great day and be good.
Speak later.
Shaun

Persephone

Persephone Report 29 Jan 2011 09:58

Do you reckon it won't be long before you catch up to the Aussie Thread?

Notice how us Aussie threaders have been helping you along.

Cheers Persie of Tywyn

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 29 Jan 2011 14:26

Hi all~~
Still bleeding freezing here :(

Perse , where did the Tywyn bit come in .:)..?
Haven't read back far enough on Sue's thread obviously. !!
You were Lady Persie
I can understand that title :)

Sandie.x

Merlin

Merlin Report 29 Jan 2011 14:44

Sandie,Think Merlin/Arther Pendragon/Camelot (Castle) Avalon (Where he died.Also Excaliber. RE. Pen-y-Fan . look on map for CEFN-Crew just off A470. into the Brecons. **M**. Magic Mushrooms. No need, got my own Triple Turbo Zimmer, if I want to Fly.:o)))>pmsl.

Persephone

Persephone Report 29 Jan 2011 15:31

Sandie

Lady Persie in Upstairs Downstairs is Lady Persie of Towyn and Tec called me L P of Tywyn. I asked him about it and now this is what it is. I thought you knew about it and Linda curtsies now when she sees me.

I don't expect Merlin to bow or curtsey for that matter as his zimmer frame might upend and he would be all ar*e about kite. I doubt if even Sirs Lionel, Sigamore and Dinadan would be able to restore him to his rightful place again.

Persie of Tywyn

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jan 2011 15:42

Hello Gang, Persie of Tywyn I think it will be a while before we catch up our Aussie friends,yes I have noticed the support from them.
Sandie it's very bitter here I cannot feel my feet.
Merlin, I have not got a clue what you are on about,please explain slowly and gently , what I have between my ears his not very good these day's .
Be back later.
Shaun

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jan 2011 15:44

PERSIE, your at it again.
I must lie down.
Shaun

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 29 Jan 2011 16:12

Am I the 101st?
I live on the North coast ,near Colwyn Bay,Have lived in Wales since 1961,so that is most of my life!
Lived in Barmouth first,running a guest house and cafe.Then Dolwyddelan in Snowdonia.Then Gwaenysgor near Prestatyn,then Rhos on Sea and 10 years ago downsized a bit and moved here where we have the most wonderful views of the coast.
I see that Ann with stars came from Gwaenysgor...bet she knows "The Eagle and Child"
I too wouldn't like to live anywhere else.I'm restricted from going out at the moment due to OH's illness so thank goodness it is very pleasant here,and the service we get from the NHS is good.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 29 Jan 2011 16:35

Hi all~~

Lol Perse~~
You don't cease to amaze me with you humour:))

Merlin~~
Different Pen y Fan then.. Sounds a good zimmer, but I have different ways to fly:)

Sandie.x