General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 6 + 1 of 635

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 30 Jan 2011 15:18

Afternoon everyone O))

Been visiting family in Mumbles area longer than I care to imagine yet it's only in the past 2 years that I've realized what wonderful waterfalls there are ... walked quite a few and slipped on a few lol!

Sandie, so agree ... the Gower is absolutely beautiful; luvin Caswell Bay, Oxwich, Rhossilli to name but a few.

xxx Shimms xxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jan 2011 15:57

Shimmers....How are you, don't see yu on here anymore. Hope you're well:o))

We're having a mini meet in Abergarvenny th April, you're welcome to join us, as is anyone else:o)

jude

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 30 Jan 2011 16:13

Hi Jude O))

Been such a busy year, would love to come if I'm able ... getting married and so happy. xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jan 2011 16:14

Good afternoon friends.

Jude, is that the new laminator you broke? Did you have a new one recently? good way to pay for having it mended anyway.

Shimms good to see you, we love the Gower but haven't been for ages now.

Tec did you do the bird watch today? Bet you had more feathered visitors that I did.

Shaun I have copied that recipe, thank you it does sound good. we too have roast chicken tonight (we can get at least two meals out of one for the two of us). And we have roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and courgettes plus broccoli and cauliflower.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jan 2011 16:55

Err cough cough...what new laminator Ann:o))) lol....
Yeh l tried putting the pouch in without a sealed end....never again!! its fine now though:o)

Shimmers..thats brilliant news:o)) When is the big day??
Try and come, but we'll understand if you can't!

jude x

Shaun - l must copy thsat recipe too:o)

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 30 Jan 2011 17:20

Shimms~~

Great news on your fore-coming marriage :))

((hugs to you both ))

Sandie.xx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Jan 2011 17:47

Hello Everybody, Glad you like the marrow recipe, it went down very well and what's more tomorrow I will cut the remainder into 1" thick rings put on baking tray and warm up in oven and have with chips. If I remember I will give you another of my recipes .
Got to go Six Nations Rugby BBC 2 Wales Try and get back later.
Shaun

Brenda

Brenda Report 30 Jan 2011 18:50

i was born and raised in south wales in a mineing village good old miners daughter i once said to ggrandma im never marrying a miner then you will be single all your life was the reply so when i was old enough i moved to the midlands in serch of mr right who by the way wont even go in a lift so mineing shafts are out of the question 4 children and 32 years later i decided to trace my family tree and found out than gggrandad was born less than 30 miles from wheire i live and it seens all my ancesters are english so now i tell people this here welsh accent is just a freek of nature x

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 30 Jan 2011 20:27

Glad you enjoyed your marrow dinner Shaun, sounds great and very tasty.

Merlin, It's Shaun thats want to fly up Pen y Fan on his zimmer - the baked beans and Semtex sound good to me, but personally I'd prefer four big Boeing engines, and a parachute just in case.

Brenda, If you were born and bred in a Sth Wales mining village, and your dad a miner, then you're definitely one of us, you've been adopted officially regardless of ancestry lol.

Shimms congratulations
on your forthcoming nuptials - what a happy girl you must be.

AnninGlos, I did do the birdwatch, but it wasn't the best day.
7 Sparrows,
4 Starlings,
4 Chaffinches,
2 Robins (together)
2 Blue tits,
2 Doves,
2 Black Birds (including her with the white tail)
1 Hen Pheasant,
1 Missel Thrush.

No jackdaws, they came later, no black cap, no greenfinches or goldfinches
No flamingos or pelicans either lol.

Tec.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 30 Jan 2011 20:33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all the Welshies!!

Only been off line just over a day........and wow the thread has taken off, well done Shaun.........about time we beat those Aussies at something! lol

Brenda ...........had to laugh.......do you mean the BIRD & BAS**RD!! I did not actually live there........I was born there across the track from the pub, there used to be a Maternity Unit, not sure why as everyone else was either born at home or in St Asaph.......sadly mum no longer with us to ask.

When we left the maternity unit, I lived in Flint till I was 1 year old and then was whoosed over to Germany to join my dad who was in the Army, then back to Flint for a short time.........then our first real home was in Halkyn then back to Flint when dad joined the Flintshire Police, then Buckley in 1962...........and am still here!!

PS Congrats Shimms.........how lovely.....hope its a Welsh one!

Annx

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 30 Jan 2011 21:07

S'mae pawb~~

Tec~~ I couldn't keep count of the birds we have in our garden, not such varied types as yours !!
No blue tits, pheasant or missel thrush.
Lovely to see 2 robins together, cheeky little so and so's aren't they:)
Must be mating and building a nest as they are very territorial birds.
Dad had a pair nest in the top of his outside tap... The tap was covered in by a wooden casing , but the top was loose..they got in there and raised their family. We observed them coming back and fro to feed the chicks but never disturbed them.
One time I cut back our laurel hedge I found 2 old nests in there ..left them there.

~~~ to anyone popping later, I'll probably be back after doing a bit of surfing:)

Sandie.x

Persephone

Persephone Report 30 Jan 2011 21:17

I came on here and started reading and thought oops I'm on the " Do the birds Know" thread and shimmied back up to the top and saw I had clicked on the right one,.

We very rarely have marrow - we both grew up with parents who boiled the hell out of it and served it with white sauce. I said to my father once blimmin marrow why don't you stuff it and my mother thought I was being rude. I do like stuffed marrow, you cannot buy them in the shops you have to grow them or no someone who does.

Persie @ 10.17am NZild time

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jan 2011 22:24

Tec We had a robin in the garden (sorry perse for confusing you) a half hour after I finished my bird watch hour. I have this theory that the word goes round "hey guys it's birdwatch day so don't all go down to feed together, lets confuse them."

Shimms, congratulations, i am really pleased for you.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 30 Jan 2011 23:21

I think you are right AnninGlos - tomorrow everything under the sun will decend on my feeders lol.

Tec

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 30 Jan 2011 23:36

I'd love to see the birds gather to feed in your garden Tec. They sound wonderful. You're always envious of our native birds but your birds are beautiful too.

S x

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 31 Jan 2011 00:08

Hi thread friends~~~~

Been kicked off my PC, hubby want's shut eye.
So beware of spelling mistakes, this laptop doesn't like GR and won't correct me:((

When I came into the lounge to use this darn thing, Gavin and Stacey was showing on the tele, never seen it before but what I saw was rather funny I thought.

Never fancied marrow,(stuffed or otherwise Perse lol)

Merlin didn't relise you were a Welshman....wow we have a Welsh Wizard:)

Sandie.x

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 31 Jan 2011 00:50

And it's nite nite from me!

I want to marry this girl

Dai, who had just turned 20, one day informed his father that he wanted to marry Mari the girl next door.

"I'm sorry, boyo," said his father, "but you can't marry her, you see as it happens she's your sister."

Dai was downcast but within a week he came back to see his father again.

"Dad", he said, "I've made up my mind to marry Morfydd."

"Isn't that the girl behind the counter in Morgan's dairy?" asked his father . . . and it turned out she was his sister too.

Gradually one after another the girls of the village were excluded from matrimonial alliance with Dai on the grounds of consanguinity until none was left.

One evening after the last girl had fallen under his father's interdict Dai was sitting in the front room looking sadly at the grate.

"What's wrong with you, Dai?" asked his mother, "girl trouble is it?"

"Yes, Mam," Dai replied, "every time I want to marry a girl, father makes out she's my sister."

"Oh, don't listen to that old fool", said his mother, "he's no relation of yours anyway."

Annx

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 31 Jan 2011 01:30

It really is goodnight now, could not resist this one!

I have a dreadful secret

Dai had proposed to Megan and been accepted. "But", added Megan, before we get married I must tell you something dreadful about my past life."

"No," said Dai, "I won't hear of it. You can tell me after we're married."

After they were married and had set off for their honeymoon in Penarth, Megan again brought up the subject of her "dreadful secret".

"No," said Dai, "it can wait. Tell me when we're in bed together, that'll be soon enough."

That night as they got into bed Megan declared "Well, Dai, now I really do have to tell you my secret. You see .I'm a virgin."

Dai didn't say a word but put on his clothes and travelled all the way back to his mother's house.

"Dai!" said his mother, "what are you doing here, you're supposed to be on your honeymoon."

"It's no good", said Dai, "I've had to leave Megan; it turns out she's a virgin."

"Well, Dai," said his mother, "in that case you were quite right to come home. If she's not good enough for the rest of the village she's not good enough for you."

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Jan 2011 10:43

Bora da Folks,
Duw, Duw,Duw it's hard, minus 7c this morning,sun is coming up so we could have a sunny dry day. Shimms you come from a lovely area, I've spent many happy hours at Rhossilli bay caving also Port Eynon.
Annie G, glad you like the marrow recipe,make sure you pack the filling tight ,if you don't when it comes to slicing it the contents will spill out , I use a rolling pin . **Ann** thanks for the compliment , the ones posting are making the thread even our Aussie friends are helping out.
Well have a good day.
Shaun

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 31 Jan 2011 11:28

A good day to you Shaun as well...........very cold here in North Wales this morning.........no sun as yet!

Morning everyone!!

Annx