General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 7 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 Jan 2011 11:30

Goodnight from New Zealand it is 12.30am and I am off to bed.

Persie

Carolee

Carolee Report 31 Jan 2011 11:45

And its goodnight from Oz too, have a great day Wales~~~~~~

Carole:-))

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 31 Jan 2011 12:20

The sun is shining here...must be your part of N East Wales Ann!!

It's not too cold either according to our care assistant who came without a coat!

I never heard our local pub called that name,Ann!!

Must go and get lunch now ,but just thought I'd look in.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jan 2011 12:27

Very hard frost in Gloucester this morning so goodness knows what time OH was able to tee off. Sun is shining here now but it is still very cold out. Nice and bright though. Better than the rain we are forecast for the rest of the week. Although according to news reports we need the rain or we'll have a drought in s few months time. beggars beleif doesn't it?

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 31 Jan 2011 12:36

Wot no coat Brenda! Am astonished you have never heard that before about your local..........I have had a few drinks there many years ago, glad it is still going strong unlike a lot of others here in Wales.

Enjoy your lunch..........going to make myself a piece of toast....we are cash strapped here in the NE lol

Annx

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 31 Jan 2011 12:50

S'mae pawb~~

Just missed my down under friends,.... catch up with them later.

Minus 7 here too at 9 am, that's cold for your area Shaun.

Just speaking to my Aunt who lives in Abergavenny, it's so cold there she has lost 3 plants in her conservatory, shame cos one was over 30yr old given to her by her late brother, and another one she cherished as it was given to her by her grandson, who died aged just 20 yrs of age..strange circumstances, not drug related ! Apparently committed suicide.. but coroner gave an open verdict

Ooh what a miserable old sod I am today, sorry to unburden that on you:(

Onwards and upwards...

Son's just come home.. been out gallivanting , wishing for some food now

Catch you later~~~~

Sandie.x

jgee

jgee Report 31 Jan 2011 13:21

very cold here in midlands frost this morning..

wish i was at barmouth .....

Merlin

Merlin Report 31 Jan 2011 13:47

Sandie,Merlin was a Welsh Wizard,In the dark ages Cornwall was South Wales and Wales as is today was North Wales.Also at one time Wales ceded one County every so often to England,I believe that Monmouth was the last one supposed to go but it was recinded. Brenda, In the church at Llandrillo behind the Organ is an Oriol Window,which was donated by one of my Ancestors.Just another thing. Merlin could be also a RR Engine or a Very Fast Hunting Bird. and also ,to MamaSan, Congratulations.Take care all. **M**.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 31 Jan 2011 14:24

Hi Welsh Wizard~~~

I knew that bit, but thought you may have chosen your board name for another reason.:)

Interesting about the Cornwall side of things:)
Yes, I remember it being Wales and Monmouthshire, my cousins born in Abergavenny always have considered themselves as Welsh.. they are,
Aber is known as the gateway to Wales.. so some peeps still regard it being part of England.

Sandie.x

Merlin

Merlin Report 31 Jan 2011 14:30

Ah you mean probably being a "Fly old Bird" :o)>.See I have a choice either use the wings or the super duper twin turbo zimmer,Mind now,The Jags a lot more comfortable.Take care **M**.Ps. The weather here in East Sussex is Bright Sunshine but a bit chilly.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 31 Jan 2011 15:24

Hi Merlin (aka Welsh Wizard).

' Fly old bird '... not at all:)) tut..you maybe but I wouldn't call you that .
Do you prefer East Sussex to Wales.?
I suppose home is where you make it, .. an old Welsh saying where I live now 'it's two coats colder' than where I was brought up, but I love it.

I wanted to revert to my pre Xmas name, but if I do will loose this one forever.
Perhaps I should alter it to Curly Shirley... I'm not a Shirley, but have naturally curly hair, which is getting grey at the temples :))

Don't like name changing tho, often causes controversy.

Take care
Sandie.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Jan 2011 19:46

Noswaith dda to you all.
Well it's been a nice sunny day here but cold. Most of day taken up with checking bird box's, making notes which ones need repairing after the Wood Peckers have spent the autumn trying to wreck them . I had a lovely surprise this afternoon saw a Muntjac Deer, of course no camera in pocket grrr.
On a sad note I have finished the marrow, it was delicious, Sandie doesn't fancy it for some reason, it's good old fashion farm house fodder. Thank you to all our Australian and New Zealand friends for posting on the thread, it's certainly been a laugh. Merlin I need a parachute .
You all have a great evening.
lechyd da
Shaun

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 31 Jan 2011 20:08

Noswaith dda i chi Shaun,

I've never had a woodpecker here, although I sometimes hear them in a nearby woodland.
Brilliant to see the Muntjac deer, are they usual in your area? My daughter who lives in Shropshire was very excited at the weekend when an otter ran across the bottom of her garden. She is close to a river, and the Shropshire Union Canal. Did you see on the Welsh news that a golden eagle had been spotted in Mid Wales, apparently been around some time, but the RSPB suspect it has escaped from a falconry.
Very cold here today too, so I stayed in and had a go at some joinery I need to do in the kitchen. That earned me some Brownie Points lol.

Hwyl fawr,
Tec.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 31 Jan 2011 21:41

Hello Shaun the Sheep and other assorted Welsh people:-)) I can send some of our heat over if you send some nice cool breezes.

S x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Jan 2011 21:55

Hello SueMaid, we are all little lucky pixies, and the sheep out number us 3 to 1. I will try and send you some Welsh wind and when it comes again a little snow. Did you check out my marrow recipe. Well it's 10 O'clock time for bed.
Night Night and you have a good day.
Shaun

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 Jan 2011 21:56

But will the cool breezes get throught Australian Customs, they like NZ have a very stringent border control.

On the other hand hot air rises so you might get some wafting through Wales.

Persie

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 31 Jan 2011 21:59

Never thought of that, Lady Persie. They will of course be very fresh breezes coming of the mountains so I'm sure they'll get through the customs.

S x

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 31 Jan 2011 22:00

Goodnight Shaun - I did have a look at the marrow recipe and it looks delicious.

S x

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 Jan 2011 22:45

Sue it is a no no to get fresh produce into our countries....we had a whole plane load of passengers arrive here and they had been given an apple with their lunch in flight. All those that still had their apples and had not declared them were fined $200 each. Talk about revenue gathering.

Persie

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 1 Feb 2011 10:00

Bora da everybody. Better morning no frost very misty , once that clears might see some sun. Persie, yuo can get marrows from most farmers markets , I have never had marrow with white sauce on before, would that be onion or parsley sauce. TEC,I missed your post yesterday sorry about that. There are several pairs of Woodpeckers round here Green and spotted. The spotted visits the bird table several times a day. Yes it was brilliant to see the Muntjac, the Offa's Dyke foot path go's through the woodland come summer it will be very busy with walkers, you will not see a lot of wildlife then. The Deer families have a good noise and can smell we humans a mile away. I would love to see a Otter again, not seen one for years.
Well Gang you all take care and have a good day.
Shaun