General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 9 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Feb 2011 11:33

Persie, LEEKS in white sauce, NO, No, NO, how dare you. LEEKS and CHEESE sauce, YES, YES, Yes. Our thoughts are with you and your cousin Annie, keep your pecker up . Yes baby weather hear to, the fog over Sandie's is probably smoke she's having a fry up, I can spell it from hear,don't burn the mushrooms SANDIE.
Shaun

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 11:40

She didn't invite me for a fry-up and I could have been there in two minutes. The rain is now a full-scale downpour. I was just musing that this time last year we were in the sunshire in Egypt. Not that I'd want to be there now. My son lives and works there. He came home for a few weeks' holiday and now he's stuck here.

Annie

Lynne

Lynne Report 2 Feb 2011 13:00

Hi everyone
I live in Pembrokeshire in a place called Pentlepoir just outside Saundersfoot, we moved here 14 years ago from Newport Gwent, my parents retired down here and we followed them here a few years later. Its been a great place for the kids to grow up but one has flown the nest and my daughter is joining the army to study to become a medic, Dad passed away 4 years ago and Mum passed away last July. I know you must think were mad but we have our house up for sale and are moving back to Newport I miss all the rest of the family and close freinds I have there, infact I find it quite lonley now, I have made new friends but theres nothing like having family and old freinds around you.

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 13:08

I don't think you're mad at all. It's people make a place, not houses and streets. I'd never move from where we are without taking our wonderful neighbours with us. Better rugby in Newport than in Saundersfoot, too

Lynne

Lynne Report 2 Feb 2011 13:11

Yes Annie your right cant beat abit of Newport Gwent Dragons and cant wait to go and support them.

Merlin

Merlin Report 2 Feb 2011 13:14

Try leeks with Crispy fried Bacon,nice. and with some Sweet and Sour Suace. Tasty Tasty its very tasty.**M**.:o))>. Lynne, Is Lycets Club still going strong in Newport? used to go there years ago with family from there.

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 13:16

We're not Newport supporters because we're from Glamorganshire originally. We're more Ospreys people but appreciate any good game of rugby really. Neil Jenkins and Garin Jenkins are my cousins so I was brought up a Pontypridd supporter. Just heard on the news that Margaret John the actress has died. Did you ever see her in High Hopes? She was excellent.

Annie

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Feb 2011 14:15

Lynne, Welcome to the thread. I prefer people, bricks and mortar don't come into it. You go where your heart guides you, be happy. Keep us up to date.
Shaun

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 Feb 2011 14:29

Hi thread, hope peeps are all well:) S'mae pawb~~

Shaun ~~~
Tho I don't don't know that I should wave to after your mushroom comment.lol
I did have mushrooms for lunch, raw and not from the Bluff, unless Tes*o are now picking them there:)
I do walk regularly but Hay is a bit far for me especially in this weather.:)

Merlin~~
I'm really Curly Shirley today,cos I've been out walking in this drizzly old weather, I'll leave the Frizzy Afro name-- thanks, tho my sister did live in SA for many yrs,---- could go with Frizzy Lizzy, Elizabeth being a name passed down on mother's side of the family for generations.

~~~ to Annie G
Can see you now.lol Don't know about pouring rain, I must have been in Tesc*s. It's still drizzling and blowing, like scb said 'Baby Weather '.
I like that expression, will very often apply to our part of the country then!!
The wind is rattling my letterbox, sound just as if some is knocking it, I keep getting up to check.. we have a bell but peeps don't always use it.
Hubby , as an ex Sunday paper boy prefers the 'knock on the door' method , I'll rephrase that , cos in his case he 'hammers' the door, he says my gentle tapping/knocking is useless. Well I suppose he was calling for money when he knocked !!

Perse~~~
Missed you yesterday, you Ok ?
Hope our friends and their rellies in Oz are safe, recent news broadcasts look horrendous already:(

Well folks I'm going up the thermostat to kick in the central heating, and a warm cup of soup, my right hand if freezing using the mouse !!

~~~
to any one I haven't mentioned and who hadn't posted today before this snail began typing !

Catch u later:)
Hwyl fawr

Sandie.x

Edit
Hi Lynne. didn't see u there, Pentlepoir is a pretty place, we holidayed in Tenby for many yrs and travelled thro there , I bet you''l miss it even when you come back ' home' to Newport:)

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 15:05

Sandie, I've just come back from there. Did you sign their petition?

Annie

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 Feb 2011 15:31

Didn't see it Annie, just sailed in and out. Missed customer service counter, I assume that where it was .
What was it about ?

Sandie.x

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 2 Feb 2011 15:42

Afternoon everyone........

From a very wet & windy North Wales, hello Lynne........dont be lonely! Just finished clearing up after a late lunch, 3month old 2 year old and 80year old dad and my daughter...........what a messy lot they are! Peace now for a couple of hours till the workers get home.

Hope you are all well

Annx

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 15:44

It was at the checkouts. Apparently, they're closing the gynae ward in Nevill Hall so everyone would have to go to Newport or Cardiff.

Annie

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 Feb 2011 16:17

Annie
Will sign it the next time I go down,........ hadn't heard about that ! Sandie.x

Sallie

Sallie Report 2 Feb 2011 16:29

Hi Everyone,

Just read Anne G's about closing the gynae ward in Nevill Hall. It's disgusting that they are going to do that. Both my mother and my sister in law had their hysterectomy there, it's so stupid that now women will have to go to Cardiff or Newport, it will be a bit of a drag.

Do you know if the have there is a petition on-line that I can sign, please.

Love, Sallie.x

Kuros

Kuros Report 2 Feb 2011 16:59

I don't know, Sallie, this was in the shop where every little helps. I expect they'll have a lot of support.

Annie

Cooper

Cooper Report 2 Feb 2011 19:44

Hi everyone,

I have just seen that the brilliant actress Margaret John who played Doris in Gavin and Stacey died in hospital today in Swansaea.

Such a brilliant character in the series, she will be missed.

Teresa from Essex

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Feb 2011 19:49

Noswaith dda Everybody, The reports from Queensland re the cyclone are very worrying, cannot stop thinking about them.
Well, I have just realised we are a week old, what do you think about that then, doesn't time fly. I missed January can any body tell me where on earth it went, 2nd of Feb I just don't know where the time go's.
You all have a good evening.
Shaun

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 2 Feb 2011 20:51

Noswaith dda,

Congratulations on the thread Shaun, over 200 post in a week is good going - it's interesting to see which area everyone is.

Been a gruesome day here in Sth Merionnydd - wet and very windy. I blame Derek the weatherman personally lol.

I agree the terrible weather in Queensland is worrying, and I know many people here have friends or relatives in the affected areas. I just hope there is no loss of life in the coming hours.

Hwyl fawr,
Tec.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 2 Feb 2011 21:10

Hello - hope you are well.....and warm. The weather here is so warm and humid although it is only just after 8am. It's also raining:-( However I really shouldn't complain as I'm watching the updates on the cyclone that hit north Queensland through the night. I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like. Of course it's not over yet and continues to head west. It's weakened but it's still nasty.

S x