General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 634

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Apr 2014 01:23

Hi Shaun, and everyone

a belated Happy Easter to you all
xxx

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 20 Apr 2014 22:22

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) <3

It was pleasant here this morning. But became overcast this afternoon with light rain. It is supposed to be a little bit better tomorrow.
I haven't been brilliantly well the last few days-so I haven't done much. Just overtired I think.

Grandson is being messed about a bit with the GF. So he ended up going out for the day with Granddaughter 1 and his friend yesterday. They came in about 8.40 last night, just as I had decided to settle down and watch a film. They wanted me to take them to get food as they hadn't managed to buy dinner out!
He's over his mother's this evening to play Wii with Granddaughter 4, who at nearly 6 can beat him!:-D :-D

I watched The Scarlets play the Cardiff Blues this afternoon. I don't enjoy watching the clubs as much as watching Wales, as players on the both sides play in my beloved Wales Team! I prefer watching when they play teams from away!

:-)Hi Tec
I'm glad that you have had a good weekend and have managed to have a potter in your garden.
I'm so sorry about the situation with your wife. It was good that you were able to visit unexpectedly, and that the visit ended well.
Milo seems like a blessing to you! He sounds like he's lovely company for you! :-)

:-)Shaun- hope you are doing ok and resting with your legs up!

Hi ~~~~~~~~~~Everyone
HOPE YOU ARE ALL ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND
Love Jem <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Apr 2014 22:21

that's so sad Tec, but I often wonder if people in her condition are really unhappy or are they living in the past - you never can work it out - it's the loved one's who are suffering though isn't - if you could be sure your loved one was not suffering then you can live with it - in the months before my Mum died she talked absolute rubbish telling me she'd done things that day that I knew she couldn't possibly have done, but I just went along with it and humoured her and she was fine - she believed it and that was fine by me

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 20 Apr 2014 22:03

There was a cold wind here AnnC, and only light rain when it did arrive. Sorry that you had such awful weather.

I expect my OH will be different each time I visit. She was fine the other day. Today she asked how her Nain and Taid are? They both died in the 60s. :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Apr 2014 21:47

you were lucky to do some planting Tec - we've had horrendous weather here in Cardiff - not only lshing rain but thunder and lightning thrown in as well, plus wind and freezing cold :-(

lovely you were able to see your OH - must have been a bit upsetting all round but glad things turned out OK in the end

Take care Tec

Ann XXX <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 20 Apr 2014 20:27

Hello Everyone, :-)

Happy Easter to everyone - hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Been a disappointing day here weather wise, but the rain didn't arrive till mid afternoon.
My daughter and SIL made a surprise visit, I wasn't expecting them as she was only here on Wednesday to take me to Shrewsbury. Anyway, after lunch we all went to visit my OH in the nursing home.
She was quite tearful when we arrived, and begged to go home, which was rather upsetting, but we soon cheered her up, and it ended up a pleasant visit. I wasn't expecting to see her this weekend, not having anyone to take me, so it was a nice surprise all round.
Returning home, my SIL washed the yellow paving stones in the front garden with the pressure washer, to remove all the grime and algae after the winter. Now everything looks bright and beautiful out there.

I did spent a short time in the garden yesterday. Rather difficult getting out there without a ramp, but I made it. Managed to plant some of the things I bought at the garden centre on Wednesday that I wanted in large terracotta pots. They really do look good in their pots.
Next time my SIL visits I will get him to put the pots where I want them - for now they will be alright where I left them.

This week I will be having Milo for company during the day. My neighbour is having to attend a funeral, and will be away for a few days. So Milo is spending the nights with the lady who runs the village shop, and she will drop him off here when she is working in the shop during the day.
He is no trouble, and I'm looking forward to his company. :-)

Take care everyone - look after yourselves,
Tec :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Apr 2014 20:11

Shaun :-D :-D :-D :-D

Get plenty of rest and do as your told :-D :-D ;-)

Love to you and M :-D <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 20 Apr 2014 19:48

Hello Everyone :-) :-)

Just booted up computer, rest is the order of the day with legs up.

Hope you are all ok and having a lovely Easter.

DON'T eat to much chocolate or you will end up with worms :-) :-) :-)

You all take care.

Shaun

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 21:34

Happy Easter to everyone, hope you all have a nice time over the weekend :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 19 Apr 2014 19:26

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-)

Hope you are all having a Great Weekend :-) :-) :-)

Love to you all <3 <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 19 Apr 2014 18:07

Shaun so pleased that you received your card. Thought it had gone astray as the cards were posted first class on Tuesday morning and no one seemed to have had them delivered. Anyway both you and Mo have received them now, so I'm sure thst the others have all had theirs.

Glad to know that your mates have now put out all your ' resting stations ' out, lol!! as you say, it will make things a lot easier for you.

Tec, how are things with you? Have you managed to get out to the garden over the last two days? It's been lovely and sunny here, but the wind has been chilly.

Hope you have a nice weekend and will have some company for Easter.

Love and best wishes.

Sallie.xx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 19 Apr 2014 15:40

Hello Everyone:-)))))))))))
Mersey~~ Happy Easter, I did pop into your smiley thread and wished you all a lovely and Happy Easter. :-)) Take your fingers out of your lug holes please or you will go funny:-)))

Elizabeth~~lovely to see you post:-)) thank you for your Easter Wish, Happy Easter to you also:-))

Von~~Happy Easter to you and your family:-)) I expect you will have the little ones there looking for there eggs:-)))) So you have got your swing-seat out, just the job:-))
Thursday my mates got all our patio and garden furniture out of the poly-tunnel and placed it round the garden. So I have not got far to walk now between “ resting stations “ as my mates call them:-)))))

AnninGlos~~thank you for putting Tec's card on your photo blog:-))) You just have a lovely Easter with your daughter and her family:-)))

Jem~~are you ok? Happy Easter to you and your family:-))) Hope your OH will improve now that the warmer weather is upon us:-))

Tec~~What a lovely day you and your daughter had although you were both knackered when you got back home:-))))))). I'm very chuffed that you were able to get what you wanted, the trees/shrubs and plants sound lovely. I can imagine you now having a wonderful time trying to decide where to put all these lovely items, you just have a lovely Easter Tec in your garden and don't over do it:-))))

Jude~~sorry that you are still having to put up with the extra worry of your sister, it's not going to be easy but you might have to step back just a little.
Hope you are able to have a lovely Easter in your new home:-))))

Sylvia~~hope you are all managing. Happy Easter to you all:-))

Yvonne~~glad you are getting over this bug, you have had it a good while now.
Happy Easter:-)))

Sallie~~thank you for your lovely Easter Card that you made:-))) Happy Easter to you and your family:-)))

Diane~~How are you doing in sunny Liverpool. Happy Easter to you:-))

AnnCardiff~~ hope you are ok. Happy Easter to you:-)))

Hazel~~if you are able to look in, Happy Easter to you and your family:-)))

~~~~~~~~~to anyone that pops in, Happy Easter:-)))
You all take care.

<3 shaun

Von

Von Report 19 Apr 2014 14:15

~~~~~~~ to everyone.
Hope you all have a good Easter
Take care
<3 Von

Sallie

Sallie Report 19 Apr 2014 11:57

Good morning everyone,

Wishing you all a very Happy and Peaceful Easter .

Yvonne, Mersey and Elizabeth thank you for your Easter wishes to us all.

Take care.

Love, Sallie.xx

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 19 Apr 2014 10:45

Morning,

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE WHO LOOKS IN.

I seem to be beating the bug. Yay. Lovely day here today blue skies, some cloud but plenty of sunshine.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 19 Apr 2014 08:42

Morning everyone :-) :-)

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL.... :-)

jude xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2014 05:13

Hi Shaun and everyone

Tec .................. your garden will look magnificent with all those plants! You made some wonderful choices

take care everyone

s
xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Apr 2014 23:53

Dear Welsh Colleagues and friends

Hello

Hope you are doing okay.

I wish you ALL a peaceful and contented Easter and
renewed hope for spring time.

Peace be with you, your families and in your homes always.

Whatever you are doing over the weekend, travel safely.

Take gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 18 Apr 2014 18:53

Happy Easter Shaun and one and all :-D <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 18 Apr 2014 11:37

Good Morning Everyone,

Not read back will try again.

Just wanted to Wish You All A Lovely And Happy Easter <3