General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 666

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Jul 2014 12:30

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

Hot Hot and yet more Heat here in the South West!!!

Far too hot for me I'm afraid! I've been suffering it for weeks, thinking the fan was up the loft.
We haven't got a proper loft ladder, and as OH is no longer able to get up there, I suffered it until yesterday, when I could suffer no longer, and eventually managed to get up there.

Guess what!!! The fan wasn't up the loft at all! :-| :-| :-| :-|
It was in the "Twll dan Staer" as my Gran used to say. Literally- the hole under the stairs!

So, at least now I'm a bit cooler!!!

Haven't much to report. Too hot to go anywhere!
We've been enjoying my DVD of the 1983 Sci-Fi Series "V" every night since Saturday night.
Grandson, who has the teenage way of thinking he is cool and we are not :-D, didn't expect to like it, but now, like me, he thinks it's the best Sci-Fi Series ever!!!
Last part tonight, if Grandson doesn't go to his friends to sleep.

:-) Look after yourself Diane <3

:-)Shaun- If you are back on now, hope you are coping better than me with this heat!

:-)Glad you had a great time away Sylvia

:-)Bethan- Glad you had a lovely day out, and hope Charity Shop went well

~~~~~~to everyone else

Hope you are all ok- Love Jem <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Jul 2014 20:36

Thanks Jude, poor Shaun. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Jul 2014 17:55

Diane I will text you Sweetie....stay strong and keep smiling <3 <3

Shaunie :-D <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Jul 2014 17:52

Hiya everyone ;-)

Diane......take great care and behave yourself, sorry to see you go though, but as AnnG says you can still pm your contacts :-)....xx

MESSAGE FROM Shaun........:)

The storm has cut off his broadband, he will be back on here ASAP.....so he's ok thank goodness, but no doubt pee'd off that he can't use his puter.

Will get back later or tomorrow :-) :-)

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Jul 2014 16:42

Diane, you will be missed on here. I hope all goes well for you and be sure and come back if you miss us. However, you will be able to look in and read even if you are no longer a paying member. you can also pm anyone that you have pmd before. Enjoy whatever you intend doing and look after yourself.

SHAUN I hope you are ok, we have not 'seen' you on here for 4 days. I suspect the heat may be getting to you. Please try and pop on and let us know that you are ok. :-) <3

Bethan Glad you had a good day yesterday, I envy you the walk on the beach, could do with a breath of sea air. Hope charity shop went ok today, and don't overdo the exercise class in this heat.

Sylvia, pleased to hear that you had a good weekend with your friends. Spoilt as usual with all those presents. :-D

Diane

Diane Report 22 Jul 2014 14:54

Hello all,

Today is my last day on GR, thank you all who have wished me well and I hope all of you all the best, I have a connection with a lot of you via FB or e-mail and will stay in touch.
I have enjoyed chatting with all my friends on here and maybe in the future I may return.

Take care all and keep well

Love Diane <3 <3 xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jul 2014 05:40

Hi Shaun, and everyone

back home again!!

We had a great time ...................... no WiFi access in the Cottage, so no internet access

Our friend had lost a lot of weight in the late winter / early spring, when she was very depressed ............... she went down to about 82/83 lbs. She's now back up to about 92 lbs ............... but that is about 15 lbs too light for her.

She is looking at condos to move into ......... she's realised the house and garden are way too big for her. She has seen 1 condos that she likes ................ both are ground floor, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living / dining room, den and kitchen.

Meanwhile, our other friend is now the proud owner of TWO places .............. and hoping that one of them sells quickly!

His new place is really nice .................... and HUGE. It covers 1500 sq ft ......... which is larger than the main floor of our house.

We came back with 3 more paintings, 1 beautiful large wooden bowl carved out of Bigleaf Maple, and a couple of books ........ all gifts from our friend

Now we have to find room for them all.

The weather cooled off while we were away .............. it was so much more pleasant for sleeping!

The hottest day we had here was just under 30C in the shade in the back garden. That was HOT!

We even had a little rain .................. the gardens loved that :-)

we could really do with a downpour like some of you have had :-)

Shaun ................ I hope the new brace works better and is more comfortable than the old one xxx

Tec ....................... I'm so sorry to see that they are being sluggards about your driving license.

Diane .................. sorry to hear that you are leaving. I hope that things go well for you xxxx

~~~~~~~ to Von, Yvonne, Jude, Jem, Mersey, Ann, Bethan xxxxx

hope I haven't forgotten anyone ...... it wasn't deliberate.

take care everyone

s
xx

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 21 Jul 2014 21:18

Evening all ,

Had a lovely day with a friend and ended up walking along beach and around marina :-)
I'm in the charity shop tomorrow and then fitness class in evening so busy busy
:-)

Hope all are well .

Bethan <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 20 Jul 2014 20:57

Good Evening Everyone :-)

Another humid day here, with one short downpour, and maybe a bit of thunder in the distance.

Not done much after all, this weekend :-| :-| :-D

Wasn't too good yesterday, couldn't find energy to do much, so we spent the evening watching
THE BEST SCI-FI SERIES OF ALL TIME in my opinion anyway...V (1983) :-) :-) :-)

Part 2 tonight! :-) :-) :-)

SB- Sent you a pm :-)

Diane- Sent you a pm too. :-)

Chat tomorrow hopefully :-)

Hope you are all happy and coping- Love Jem <3 <3

Diane

Diane Report 20 Jul 2014 00:20

Hello everyone :-)

Hope you are all well and coping with thing's :-)

My membership runs out on the 23rd and I have decided not to renew, some of you on this thread have a contact with me either by e-mail or FB, if you don't have a way to stay in touch with me and you would like to then please pm me and I will give you contact detail's.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Jul 2014 21:24

Hello, :-)

Well it poured for hours and hours. I wasn't sorry as the garden needed a good soaking.
I haven't been able to water the pots/tubs in the front garden and have been worried about them, so the heavy rain was most welcome.
The agapanthus have excelled themselves this year. I have 13 flower heads in one tub, and 5 in the other, all with huge flowers. Some years they hardly flower.

It stopped raining at about six o'clock, and a glimpse of the sun. I went round the garden with Milo for some fresh air. It was very pleasant with everything looking so refreshed.

Milo has been very well behaved. He gets up and moves if he sees me coming in the wheelchair without me asking.
He probably thinks I'm a nuisance, and why I haven't got two legs like everyone else, so that I can step over him :-D.
This morning my radio alarm came on at 7am. Five minutes later he appeared in the bedroom with a grin on his face and tail wagging.

Shaun - I hope the hospital will make some effort to make your new support as comfortable as possible, and that you can see the benefit of it.
Archie has had a day off today.
As I had to stay in because of the weather, I decided to tidy up some papers and official letters etc. Then it was too late to take Archie for a walk.
I do get into some pickles with him. I have to put a shoe on him before I attaché him to me, trouble is I forget, and it's almost impossible to do once the leg is attached - sounds easy, but it's not (emoticons have gone again)

Well as nice as the hot weather was for some, it was nice to get a little respite today.
Though I hope the weather gets good again for the children's summer holidays.

Take care everyone - stay safe.
Tec

:-D :-D :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2014 14:37

I don't think you would have ventured out here this morning Yvonne. OH went to the post and to buy the paper and got soaked just going from front door to car , into shop and back home. If we go out to town we go by bus so have a walk to the bus stop. No point going if it is lashing down with rain as it has been most of the day so far. Good job we saw the forecast and went to the big food fair at the docks yesterday, it was very hot but today we'd have got rust rather than sunburn. I feel sorry for the stall holders after all the lovely weather we have been having.

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 19 Jul 2014 13:37

Afternoon JEM, Thunderstorms don't bother me and I'm not a bad sleeper some nights I get cross because I don't go out like a light but on the whole I like my rest and get a good few hours sleep. Some might say I am a sleepyhead.

Where is your home village? Being nosey I am!

We tend to go everywhere and anywhere regardless of weather. Only, because these days there are so many places that you can eat and drink at and while away the hours if the weather turns bad. Couldn't do it a few years ago nowhere to stop for refreshment. Shame you missed out. Never mind there is always next year. Something to look forward to.

Well I was going to rub through a few very light weight bits and bobs and put them out on the line but the weather has decided to change to rain but with a much brighter sky. How weird is that when it was grey and murky looking no rain no it looks brighter and the sun has now decded to poke his head out of the clouds it's raining.

Off again as sewing to be done. No, nothing fancy just repairs.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 19 Jul 2014 13:08

I'm about too SB :-) <3

We were supposed to be going to the annual carnival of my home village today, but last night we decided against it, as the weather forecast said there was going to be torrential rain and thunderstorms here.

Guess what-
We didn't get organised and they haven't materialised :-( :-| :-| :-| :-D

I had a very bad nights sleep in any case, and now feel like doing absolutely nothing at all! :-D :-D :-D

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 19 Jul 2014 12:55

Afternoon SPARKLYANN, as you seem to be the only one posting today. I thought I was the only one looking in today.

We too had the thunder storm last night just as we were retiring up the wooden ladder. Looks like we are in for it again today by the colour of the sky pewter grey I think would describe it, very murky out there.

Daughter is baby sitting her nephews today pparents at a wedding was a 2 hour run to get there but managed it without any mishaps. Am assuming tha she didn't get caught in any bad weather.

Have to go for lunch. Will try and get back later. Bye for now.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2014 11:34

come on now, wakey wakey or is everyone out swimming in their garden???? Chucking it down here, and very warm but no storms at the moment. did have a short one last night but not a very bad one. :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 18 Jul 2014 21:52

Hi Shaun:-) :-)-
Sorry that M is struggling this week. Send her my love. Also to you. Having to be trussed up all the time in this heat must be unbearable :-( :-( :-(

OH has just informed me that we had lots of thunder during the night, last night, too! I must have slept through it!:-0 :-0

He doesn't sleep in the nights. Doesn't even try to go to bed much before 4 / 5am :-|
Both of us have health problems that make sleeping difficult, so it suits me :-D :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 18 Jul 2014 21:33

Hello Everyone:-))))))))))))))
Thank you all for your good wishes regarding my hospital trip,got to go back as it was only a measure up job and a redesign i.e. got to have a full metal pad in the back and they are going to alter the metal bars in the front so that they don't go over my hip and pelvic bone.

Jem~~when I go on my hospital visits I notice a awful lot of people , patients,nurses and doctors walking about with there arms crossed, it puzzles me to why, never saw it years ago, confused .com.
Are you telling me that you have seen a PINK SCOOTER ON THE MOUNTAIN:-(((((((((((((((

Sylvia~~ sahun calling :-)))))) I will have to get a Turban:-)))))
Your OH can eat what he wants, I'M NOT AMMUSED :-((((((( :-)))))
Hope your OH is happy in the basement , poor lad:-))))

Tec~~how are you both, as Archie been taking you out for walkie's , hope he as not been leading you astray :-)))) Sorry that it's a slow process getting your driving licence back, can you tell me which government department is not slow pulling there fingers out? I can understand your frustration , DON'T LET THE BUGGERS GET YOU DOWN and DON'T GET THROWING ANYTHING AT THE FAIRIES :-)))))))

Jude~~lot of wild flowers and weed flowers brightening the garden up. Our Hydrangeas have loads of flowers , best year ever for them, mind you they did have a gallon of liquid tomato feed each earlier in the year. Poly-tunnel also looking good with the toms,peppers and cucumbers. Your decking sounds lovely cannot wait to see some photos of all the work. By the way, your workmen need cider NOT tea/coffee:-))))) I hope things will improve a little for your sister when she go's back home Jude, it's a job to know what is best for her. Glad Madoc as improved.

Von~~your paper making sounds interesting. At present I pad my brace with cotton wool , never thought of lambs wool , OH as a lambs wool mattress liner which she uses in the winter I could hack a bit of there .Thank you for your tip although you might of got me in the dog-house:-)))))))

AnnG~~I thought you had a problem with your heating boiler earlier in the year or am I getting mixed up with someone else? You like your Wetherspoons just like our Jude:-))))))
I cannot get over how Luke is growing. I'm sorry to read that your son-in-law is not well, thinking of you all>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HOT :-((((
Try not to get up set Bethan, just go with the flow of things ,thinking of you <3 :-)).

Waving to friends not mentioned:-)))))))))))

Hope you are all ok and you all have a lovely weekend<3

Well what a cracker of a storm it was last night, I was in my element listening and watching but it as not got reed of the humidity , it's terrible here at the moment.

Couple of mates turned up 6.30sh and left a hour ago, not seen them on a Friday night for a couple of weeks because they have been harvesting, we had a good laugh as always. OH is now watching the Proms, she loves it. She as not been all that good , she gets so worked up because she cannot remember things, she will ask me the same question dozens of times throughout the day. As for me, I have found this last week a trial, with the after effects of hospital trip and this heat and humidity, thinking of moving to Siberia :-)))))))))))))) you coming ? :-)))))))

Got to go, you all take care<3

Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 18 Jul 2014 21:00

It's HOT HOT HOT here too girls :-| :-| :-|

MUCH TOO HOT HOT HOT TOO :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jul 2014 20:16

Yes cooled down now in the lounge <3