General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 668

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 28 Jul 2014 22:09

Hello, :-)

Von - I hope the water has subsided now. Very worrying when the water comes up like that. Sounds like lack of maintenance in the drainage system somewhere.
I hope you feel better now. My daughter is a teacher in primary school and is constantly picking up all sorts of bugs. Hazard of the job I suppose.

Bethan - You have been a busy bee. Hope all the mess from stripping wallpaper has gone now. We stripped years of paper from the walls here, so I know how messy it is.
Enjoy your time at the charity shop.

AnnG - I was surprised to hear that Shaun had been brought in here too, but didn't let on that I knew him - after all, who would?
Incidentally, I don't want to be released among "normal" people. That is a very frightening prospect lol.

:-D emoticons being silly again.

Shaun - I hope that you are feeling better and the feathers removed now.
They didn't let me out - I'm still in here. I saw a man in a white coat today who asked me lots of questions. He made lots of notes, and remarked to his colleague that I was a very strange case. Damned cheek.
I am not happy with the food - they passed a packet of Trill budgie food through the hatch this morning. I did take exception when the attendant said "Who's a pretty boy then"
Should I ever get out of here, I have vowed never to get involved of any of your escapades again.
On the positive side, looks like our rain dance worked, but it all fell on Von, we've had nothing here.

Take care everyone,
Tec
:-)

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 28 Jul 2014 20:05

Evening all,

Warm but had showers during day so seems the rain dance worked , well done Shaun and Tec :-D

Had a busy and fun weekend and enjoyed a few drinks too many on sat night on a hen do ..... Yesterday I didn't look human :-S

Over weekend fiancé completely stripped wallpaper off all walls in his room and some of this paper had been there for over 50 years so took awhile to get it all done and today I have been clearing the mess as the dust and rubbish was everywhere .

Got the charity shop tomorrow and fitness class in the evening which I'm enjoying as it's fun and good for my fitness but no pressure to be perfect on all the moves as some sadly my brain doesn't compute :-|

Watching commonwealth games this evening .

Hope all are well

Bethan <3 <3

Von

Von Report 28 Jul 2014 19:16

No wonder we were flooded.Apparently 2 weeks of rain fell in an hour in our area :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Those Welsh wizards have a lot to answer for :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jul 2014 15:14

:-D :-D :-D :-D You two are such idiots Lol But like Jem I needed the laughs. I suggest you don't tell whoever is looking after you both that you know each other, it might delay you being let out again among 'normal' people. And I hear there are still people trailing over that mountain looking for the two supposedly exotic birds. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh Von, sorry to hear that the bug returned, hope it has cleared up now. That is the problem with going into schools I suppose.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Jul 2014 14:27

NEWS FLASH>>>>>>>>> “Leg found on mountain, causing concern to who owns it “ :-))))))

It's a bit cooler to day but still quite humid:-((((((

Tec~~~~~~ I have also been sectioned:-((((( what room are you in? I managed to sneak a stick of dynamite in. I really don't know what all the fuss was about, I was also cavorting over the mountain as I was looking for you after hearing your cries for help, I saw the commotion you had caused.
I do like your leotard , did you knit it, looks a bit baggy on the rear end:-))))))))

What an evening, as I'm a “ Naturist and belong to the Ohmedickie Tribe “ it was a job to know where to stick my turquoise feathers as some were quite large:-))))))
I put the smaller ones in my braids and there was only one place to put the larger ones:-(((((((( I did have a lovely exotic tail though, all of 3 feet long, which caused a lot of wind but the wind did help to push me up the mountain. Once I reached the top those twitchers you had attracted surrounded me with astonishment and they could not work out what I was until some plonker shouted out it's a “Madagascar Elephant Bird “
They threw a net over me and stuck a large needle in my bum:-(((((((((((( to put me to sleep until they could find a place to keep me secure , the only place available was a dungeon at the local mental hospital, I managed to escape and now hiding in my cave trying to remove my tail feathers which is causing a lot of discomfort at the moment.:-((((((((((((((((:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh what a lovely day we had, any one seen Tec?:-))))))))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the laugh Tec:-D

Jem~~like you we needed a good laugh:-D

Von~~ I'm sorry to read about the flood water round your home.
Hope it as done no damage to your property , thinking of you all and hope it's sorted pronto <3. We only had a light shower that lasted about 5 minutes so as done no good what so ever, still very dry, we need a couple of days of rain to soak the garden.

~~~~~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned.<3

Thanks again for the laugh Tec :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm of~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~you all take care.

shaun

Von

Von Report 28 Jul 2014 14:12

Crawls onto thread begging for the rain dancing to stop.
Spent the morning marooned with floods at the side of the house and a river running into the garden. :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

I think a lot of people were affected as according to OH there is still chaos on the roads.
He phoned the environmental people this morning and was asked "how far away from the property is the flood!!!!!"
We are tired of the water coming up through the drains when it rains. I know the rain was particularly heavy but if this is a sign of things to come then something needs to be done.

The bug returned and hit me again at the weekend so I've been chilling out and starving :-( :-( :-(
Ann - I think I could have caught it at the school.

Enough of my woes.
Tec you did make me laugh and I do hope you have been released today.
The fish tank sounds very colourful.

Shaun - I do hope you have now received the rain. I sent another lot this morning.
On a positive note I don't have to water the garden and my pond has filled up again as it was beginning to dry out.

~~~~~~ to everyone not mentioned.
Take care
<3 Von

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 27 Jul 2014 22:52

Hi Jemima,

Sometimes my imagination runs away with me :-D :-D :-D

They will lock me up one day :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 27 Jul 2014 22:50

Shaun how exciting to see a stag that close.
No I don't normally name my fish, but I do have two rather large clown loaches, that are known as Mork and Mindy.
Which is incidentally, my names for the Prime Minister, and his Deputy :-D

Von - I bought seven gouramis, as I like them and have had them before.
Two moonlight (silver)
Two orange
Two rainbow
One blue,
and six red male guppies (as I didn't want thousands of babies)

Also in the tank are two clown loaches as stated, and 15 neon tetras.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Jul 2014 22:42

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AT TEC :-D :-D

THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES!!

Thankyou Shaun for providing the ground work for that!!

You two should be a double act!!

Needed that laugh more than you could know <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 27 Jul 2014 22:30

Hello Everyone, :-)

Cooler here today - thank goodness. We also just had a heavy shower, not enough to do any good in the garden, but enough to lay the dust.

Shaun - The trouble you got me into :-0

I followed your instructions for the rain dance to the letter. Got all dressed up in some very exotic turquoise feathers, and a turquoise leotard sp.
As you advised finding an open space with a clear view of the sky, I decided to position myself on the mountain.

It was a good spot for the rain dance, except that the sheep, being fascinated, formed a circle around me to watch. Each passing caustic comments.
I began my chant, looking skywards, paying homage to the rain God.

I began spinning around like a whirling dervish in ever decreasing circles according to instructions.
Gathering momentum and chanting like someone possessed, feathers flying in all directions.

Now, as you know, I only have one leg. It is extremely difficult to spin on one leg, but not only that, I didn't realise till it was too late that my spinning on one leg had resulted in my leg screwing itself into the turf. I wondered why I appeared to be getting shorter, and shorter. Now I am screwed into the mountain up to my bottom, with no hope of getting free.

The appreciative audience of sheep now engulfed in hysterical laughter.

I pondered on my predicament for a while, not knowing what to do. Suddenly a police helicopter approached and began circling overhead.
I frantically waved my feather adorned arms at them, hoping the would land and help, but sadly they flew away.

Time passed, and I was getting desperate, when suddenly an army of twitchers (bird watchers) advanced up the mountain with all manner of photographic equipment.
They replaced the sheep, and formed a circle around me, clicking away and all very excited.

It transpired that the police helicopter had reported back to base that a large exotic bird was on the mountain in an agitated state.
The description given by the police was identified by the twitchers as that of the Greater Amazonian Goolly Bird, never before seen on these shores.
This had apparently caused great excitement among the bird watching fraternity, and all roads into North Wales were choked with them.
The excitement on the mountain had caught the attention of my neighbours, the villagers, who also proceeded up the mountain to watch the activity.

I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

I resorted to shouting profanities in English, and Welsh, at the assembled crowd.
This only served to increase the excitement, and there were shouts of "It speaks"

Suddenly the penny dropped, and one brave soul approached - lifting the feathers from my face, he addressed the crowd.
" I know this nutcase - he lives not far from me"
They all started drifting slowly down the mountain, muttering obscenities about time wasters and other not nice things about me.

The few local that remained could not understand how I had become screwed into the mountain by my one leg.
I didn't dare explain that it was something I had read on the internet, and was only trying to make it rain.

So they attempted to get me free. They tried unscrewing me, until they realised I don't have a rubber neck, and my head doesn't turn at 360 degrees.
They said there was no need to be rude and abusive.

John the farmer said the only way was to dig me out, so they sent for spades.
My leg is about three feet long, and the mountain is very hard, so it all took some time.
Eventually I was freed, and very grateful I was too.
I was carried down the mountain and taken to A&E still covered in exotic feathers.
The feathers were removed - that superglue is good stuff.

I am now resting in a special room here at the hospital. The walls are white and made of rubber - I am wearing a very strange jacket they gave me that fastens my arms behind my back. The doctor said the medication would make me drowsy.

Hopefully, I can go home tomorrow, but in the meantime Shaun, if you get any more bright ideas - keep them to yourself - please.

Tec

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jul 2014 20:38

Sallie,
you snuck in as I was typing,
Hope you are ok and managing in this heat.

Shaun

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jul 2014 20:36

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 COME ON YOU LOT, I CANNOT DANCE ON MY TODD :-)

We have not long finished the watering, gone a little cooler now and there's a nice breeze sooooooooooooooooooooo I'm hoping for a better night.

Going to have a our ovaltine then bed.
You all take care .

Night Night

shaun

Sallie

Sallie Report 27 Jul 2014 20:35

Hi everyone, just a quick post, hope that you are all okay.

It's been very hot here too......not my kind of weather at all, I'm afraid.

Shaun, hope that you are not feeling too uncomfortable with this heat and that M is also not finding too bad either.

Tec, sounds as though you had a great day out with your neighbour. Also good to know that you, your daughter and son-in-law managed to visit your Duchess yesterday and that it was a good visit.

I hope all our other friends on here are all okay and not finding things too difficult with the hot weather we are having.

Will speak to you all again soon.

Take care.

Love, Sallie.xx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jul 2014 19:11

COME ON FOLKS IT'S TIME FOR A RAIN DANCE :-)

All together now, on the count of 3, 1~~~~~~~~2~~~~~~~~~3 :-)

Instructions

Wear turquoise and feathers, if you have any. Many Native American tribes associate turquoise with rain and feathers with the wind. Put on any turquoise-colored clothing that you may have and turquoise jewelry. If you have access to any bird or decorative feathers, place a couple in your hair or secure them to a hat and wear them during the rain dance.

Find an outdoor space where you have plenty of room to move around. Choose a space that has sparse or no tree cover so that you have a clear view of the sky. The terrain of the space you choose should be relatively flat, which will make it easier to perform the rain dance.

Spin around in circles. Begin spinning clockwise at a slow and steady pace. Chant your own simple rain chant as you spin. Your chant can be something as simple as the word "rain" repeated over and over or an entire phrase, such as "Come down rain." Raise your hands to the sky occasionally to urge the rain to fall.

Speed up your spinning and chanting. The longer you spin and chant the faster you should spin and chant. Close your eyes as you dance and breathe in deeply between chants. When you want to end the dance, drop to your knees in silence. Stay on your knees until any dizziness you feel goes away and you can regain your balance.

I'm knackered

:-0 :-0 :-0

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jul 2014 16:27

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 still waiting for rain :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

are you all okay and not getting up to mischief :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jul 2014 15:46

oops!! Sorry I was convinced I posted here on Friday but can't post it.

A wee bit cooler here today but still warm and no rain so we'll still be watering the garden later. OH is out there now playing with one of his birthday presents, one handed shears which he says are really good for trimming large shrubs because the blades twist. (spoke too soon because they just broke during normal use, they will be going back.)

We went to Cheltenham yesterday and a garden centre this morning although OH is having a problem with one of his legs (calf muscle) hurting. He doesn't think it is muscular, it is not red or swollen or outwardly sore, just hurts and keeps him awake. He will make a GP appointment tomorrow.

Other than that, not a lot happening here.

wow Shaun a stag that was fantastic, what a lovely surprise.

Von, sorry to see you were poorly last week, hope you are completely over it now. Did you catch it from the children?

Tec, what a lovely day out you had how nice of Milo's Mum to take you. :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Jul 2014 12:28

~~~~~~~ to everyone :-) :-) <3

Shaun- A stag- How fantastic is that!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jul 2014 11:24

:-| :-0 :-| :-0 :-| :-0 :-| :-0 :-| :-0 hot,humid,hot,humid,hot humid,humid and humid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>going to climb into freezer:-S

Jude~~flipping heck you have a firm hand, I have four finger marks on my bum:-0

Von~~ no rain yet, where did you send it ? :-(

Tec~~it's great that Milo's Mum took you out for the day and you got some fish, do you name the fish :-)

Jem~~we don't go up to poly-tunnel until after the sun as gone down behind the wood, anytime between 7 and 10 we water so it's cooler then " a bit " :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ing to AnnG~~Mersey~~Hazel~~Yvonne~~Sue~~AnnCardiff~~Diane~~Bethan~~Sallie~~Sylvia, hope everyone is managing the best they can <3

Before I forget , at 3.30 this morning I was sat out the back and heard some footsteps in the wood at back of house, so peeped over hedge and saw a lovely Stag the other side, don't quite know who was most surprised :-) :-) :-)

that's my lot folks, it's clouding over here at the moment after bright sunshine but it's still very humid.

you all take care.

Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Jul 2014 16:53

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

Not QUITE so hot here today, but still very hot! :-D

I have had trouble sleeping in the heat, as I expect you all have :-(

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Love Jem <3

Edited .... I was wrong, It's back to being HOT HOT HOT :-| :-( :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 26 Jul 2014 15:59

Stay cool Shaun :-D :-D :-D

Hot,Hot here again and I really sympathise with those who find the heat debilitating but I have to say I'm enjoying it. I spend most of the winter feeling so cold. :-( :-( :-(

My lounge is quite cool and I'm watching the commonwealth games :-D :-D :-D :-D
Wales have won gold in the rhythmic gymnastics.

Tec - Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your day out. Which fish did you buy?

Anyone seen AnnGlos? I haven't seen her post for a couple of days.
Take care
<3 Von