General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 1 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 18 Apr 2014 01:05

Hello :-)

Tec really glad to hear you had such a nice time buying so many plant's at the garden centre :-)
It is nice when you have plant's that remind you of people especially those that are no longer with us. My dad gave me a cutting from one of his rose bushes and I planted it in my garden and it grew into a lovely rose bush, when I moved to another house I took it with me and it again did well but when I moved into my flat I could only replant it into a big pot and it started to fail so I asked my sister to take it and plant it in her garden. It picked up and now when-ever I visit her I can see it, I'm glad it survived as it is the only rose that is left from all my dad's rose bushes.
He loved roses and had about 10 rose bushes in his front garden at our family home but the new owner's of his house removed them all and flagged the whole of the front garden :-(

Jude sorry you are still having to run around looking for your sister, I cannot believe there is so little interest from other's about her safety, I understand your concern for her safety and how you would feel if anything were to happen to her while out on her own and I hope something is soon decided about her being more secure and safe, take care <3

Shaun hope you and OH are well and being careful :-)

~~~~~~ to all not mentioned :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 22:43

What a lovely sentiment Tec :-) :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 22:41

Mersey I have plants and shrubs around my garden that remind me of certain people, especially those given to me by those people :-)
Some have now passed on - the people, not the plants, it's nice to remember them that way.
I have a palm tree that's got a name " Aunty Dolly" :-D as it was aunty Dolly who gave it me 20 years ago :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 22:11

Jude-
Your weight will fluctuate at various times throughout the day, and through the week for lots of different reasons. It's best only weigh once a week at the same time of day! That's what I'm doing. I weigh at about 11.30 on a Monday Morning.

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 22:06

Tec...wow you did really well and you sound like you had a blast , we are all happy that the vouchers have done you the world of good.....May your plants grow and leave you with blooms full of memories <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:53

Hello Jude,
I shall try and get some photo's later in the summer. I'm not much good at that kind of thing, but maybe my grand daughter will help with that :-D
Can't wait to get everything planted in their places, or in tubs :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 17 Apr 2014 21:47

Tec....wahooo thats such good news, you really did have a ball did'nt you??? and so you should. Be great if we could see a picture of the plants when installed in your garden:))
AND IT WAS A PLEASURE:) x

AnnG...yehh that great you have your daughter and s i l visiting, enjoy. Hope the travelling was'nt too much for him.

Jem.....l must make an appointment with the dentist, l keep seeing posts on here about who's been and who is about to go, not that any of you have put me off though..lol
l had grown another pound in weight this morning, better be down again tomorrow, BUT l have had a large glass of wine this evening and yesterday, so thats probably why the weight went up and will do tomorrow...lol

Von...thank you for the description of that picture, it looked beautiful, you are very talented. You do so much with the grandchildren too... :-)

Shaun.....hope you are ok and the OH??

The wine was needed this evening......more chasing around trying to find sister. l was told again to leave her, its her decision!! yeh right!!

The new bathroom sink and cupboard is in ATLAST and it look great....yehhhh.
The decking man called in as promised and left samples....oooo exciting:)
off to bed now.....nite nite xxxx

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:47

It was a wonderful day Ann, and one I will remember. There isn't a good garden centre within miles of here, so to get to a very good one is a treat in itself. To have vouchers to spend is utopia itself :-D.
Yes those plants will give me a lot of pleasure in years to come :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Apr 2014 21:33

Tec, what a wonderful uplifting day you had. I am sure those plants will bring you much joy for years to come :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:32

Hello Jemima,

There was such a great selection to choose from. I wish I had a bigger garden, but it will take all my time to manage what I do have :-D
My daughter will help - she likes gardening too :-)

AnnC - there is nowhere I'd rather be than in a garden centre - glad that you enjoyed spending your vouchers too :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Apr 2014 21:25

Hi everyone - hi Tec

so pleased you enjoyed yourself around the garden centre - I love garden centres and had garden vouchers for Mothering Sunday and enjoyed spending those

Ann XXX <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 21:24

That's absolutely brilliant Tec :-) :-)

I'm so glad you had such a good time! It has made me chuckle to think of you in there as you said "like a child in a chocolate factory" :-D :-D :-D

As someone who is not much of a gardener I shall now have to Google all these plants to imagine what your garden is going to look like! :-D :-D

Your post has really cheered me up! :-) :-) :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 20:57

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a red letter day, and I had such fun :-D

Wasn't too long in the hospital. Saw the surgeon who was happy with everything, and discharged me. Though I will have to see another consultant about a different issue at a later date.

Then - joy of joys :-D I hit the garden centre, with my poor daughter trailing along at the back of me with a large barrow type thing.
Round and round, backwards and forwards, then back again :-D. Changing my mind, and putting things back, because I'd spotted something better.
Like a child in a chocolate factory.

Eventually, and after serious deliberation, this is what I ended up with...........

1 Red Acer Tree
1 Flamingo Acer Tree ( green with pink new foliage)

1 Corylus "Red Majestic" A red corkscrew hazel, twisted branches, with purple foliage, and purple catkins in Spring. A lovely shrub that I've always wanted.

2 Lithodoras. 1 blue, 1 blue and white, star like flowers, a carpet of flowers from May through to September - a good rockery plant, or in lge tubs.

3 Verbascum - orange/yellow flowers, bit like hollyhocks, good "cottage garden" plant.

1 Orange Azalea - good size, covered in buds.

Selection of small plants, enough to fill at least two hanging baskets.

3 Nasturtums sp. to put in crevices of stone wall.

I had the time of my life selecting that lot. The best day out I've had in a very long time, and I can't thank you all enough for bringing me such joy, after what has been a pretty dreadful time in my life. It is uplifting to know that there is so such kindness among people who I have come to know, though sadly, may never meet, on the thread.
Thank you again, so much.

My emoticons are playing tricks again.

Tec

:-D :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Apr 2014 18:48

Thanks Jem it is so good to see them for the first time since January.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 16:58

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-)

Not long in from the Dentist with G/Son 1 who has had his first filling. It was lovely for me though, as he is my old dentist, who left my practise about 7 years ago.
He is a lovely young man, who did extensive work on my teeth and who cured me of my fear of dentists. He's also one of the nicest people you could meet :-)

He did a "superbridge" on my front 6 teeth for me, which he fought hard to get on the NHS, as I can't cope with a plate. He asked me "if he could be cheeky" and see how the teeth are doing! :-D :-D

:-)Ann- Have a lovely couple of days with your Daughter and Son-in-Law.

Hope you are all ok today- Love Jem <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Apr 2014 13:16

Waiting for daughter and son in law to arrive, apparently the traffic is very heavy on the M6, 2 hours ago they were at Sandbatch, don't you worry when family are travelling on the motorway. they are coming for two days then driving on down to their house in Hampshire, I hope grandson who lives there is spring cleaning today Lol!!!! It all depends on how well SiL is, hopefully he is not too tired. chemo makes him very tired.

Shaun the second photo is on the blog. you did an excellent job with that too. :-) :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 17 Apr 2014 12:57

Hello Everyone.

This site is driving me madder and what I am, been trying to answer Pms and not getting on all that good,the site is a disgrace.

AnninGlos~~ I have sent you a PM, there is supposed to be a attachment on it BUT there ent , so you have just been sent a email with the photo on.
You should of had two before but when I checked you only had the one.
Do you understand all this cos I don't :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Hope everyone is managing ok, I expect some of you are in the garden?

You all take care will catch up later with you all.

shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 16 Apr 2014 21:26

Hi Everyone :-) :-) <3

It’s been a beautiful day here today. Sunny, with a bit of a breeze but pleasantly warm.

Thank you all for asking- The children seem to be better now.

Daughter had magic eye yesterday, for an on-going problem she has.

On Monday night, Grandson camped out in a tent in his friend’s garden. There were 6 of them in all. They were all watching films in the boy (who’s house it was)’s bedroom. He fell asleep in his own bed and 3 of the others fell asleep in the bedroom too. That meant Grandson and one other boy were the only ones to sleep in the tent. Well I say sleep! They didn’t sleep at all. :-D :-D
Grandson came home at 10 o clock Monday Morning and went to bed!
:-D :-D

Yesterday, OH, Grandson 1 and myself went down to Pembrey Country Park- the first time this year. OH is not at all well, so he sat on a deckchair, while Grandson and I had a walk.

Grandson and I went shopping today, for clothes for him and school shoes.

Well, that was my news, what about the rest of you?:-) :-)

:-) SHAUN-
I have seen the Card you made for Tec on Ann’s blog! Absolutely Brilliant! Well done, it’s like you’ve been doing it for years!
Hope you and your OH are coping!

:-)TEC-
Hope you are continuing to improve and that the ramp will be in place for you to get out in your garden soon.

:-)ANNG- How did T’s dentist appointment go? Grandson 1 has his first filling tomorrow!

:-) JUDE
-I’m very sorry to hear the news about your sister. Especially as you all expected things would be better where she is. I really feel for you.
I know what you mean about others not appearing to worry. With me, when there is a potentially serious problem, and no one else appears to be worrying as they should , that makes me worry more, as they don’t seem to be worrying enough!

How’s Madoc? Is he still getting you up early?
How’s the diet going- The Wall Chart is an excellent motivational aid!

:-)VON-
Your artwork is lovely- I have seen it on Ann’s blog.

:-)SILVERBUDDY-
YOU ARE NOT NOT A MOANING MINNIE! I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Yes, G/Son’s GF says she likes the T-Shirt- He’s not seen her in it however!

:-)MERSEY-
I see you are still sprinkling your magic dust everywhere! Hope you are ok.

:-)DIANE-
Hope you are well and not letting life get you down too much!

Hi~~~~~~~~ :-) SYLVIA, :-)ANNC, :-) SALLIE, :-)HAZEL and anyone else looking in on the Welsh Thread :-)

Love Jem <3 <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 16 Apr 2014 21:16

Just had a look at that card Shaun....well done you:)

l'm off to bed now, l'm knackered, sister had another trip into town on her own this afternoon, so had to go find her, her carer was waiting to give her her tablets!!!!
l also spent all morning with her to try and occupy her!!

Nite nite

~~~~~~~~~~~~~to everyone, must say the weather has been great today, madoc has been ourside pretty much all day, Vic set up a barricade thing to stop him wandering!!

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Apr 2014 14:57

card on photo blog Shaun