General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 4 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 13 Apr 2014 21:52

Hello Everyone, :-)

Shaun, pleased to see that you had a good weekend with your mates, but that you were also able to rest as advised.
Thank you, you did send a printout of garden centres nearest to me that accepted the vouchers, but as mentioned earlier, my daughter is taking me to Shrewsbury for a hospital appointment this coming week.
There is an excellent garden centre nearby the hospital, and I'm hoping she will take me there - to have the time of my life :-D.
I am still buzzing with excitement over the vouchers :-)

The last few months have been pretty dreadful really, and the kindness of you all has given me a tremendous boost. :-)

Jude - I am sorry that your sister is still causing you so much anxiety. I hope things will improve soon, for you, and her.
I went to visit my OH in the nursing home on Friday. She hovers between reality, and some other place in her mind.
It is hard to know what to believe as she embroiders the most extraordinary stories. Goodness knows where they come from.
She appears to be terribly depressed, which is most distressing for both of us.
The staff there are very understanding, and she is being well cared for.

One of the dogs my neighbour fosters has been found a permanent home in Bethesda. She is a lovely young collie, and beautifully marked.
Neighbour is keeping Milo, who is a fabulous old dog. She brings him to sit with me whenever she goes out. He is very big for a border collie, and although he has all the typical black and white markings of a collie, I think he is crossed with a bernese, that is quite a big breed.
Strange the Madoc has taken to getting you up so early - it's probably the daylight.
Give him a cwtch, and a biscuit from Tec :-)

Take care everyone,
Tec

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 13 Apr 2014 21:50

:-D :-D :-D Ann- methinks stronger reading glasses are needed... it was B&Q not BBQ! :-S :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Apr 2014 21:25

Shaun what great mates you have. I am sure the weekend on the farm did you both good.

Jem. Barbecue? What barbecue was that?
Hope daughter and family are better soon, sounds as though it is best you don't visit, sounds like the Norovirus.

Bethan have a lovely holiday,enjoy every minute of it. And wow! Good luck with the job application. Ooh and allowed on the tills, that is promotion then.

Mersey, that is good, looks like you are paying attention now :-D :-D

Jude by the way I didn't look for your son running in the marathon he wasn't running in. In fact I haven't seen the marathon at all. Well done to him at Brighton though.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 13 Apr 2014 18:01

Coooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-) :-) :-)

Sorry not been about but Friday night my mate said would you like to come over for the weekend, he didn't need to ask twice :-) :-)
Lovely weekend got back here about a hour ago , lazy weekend as I was ordered to keep legs elevated and rest. Weather as been lovely sunny although a couple of early frosts.

Tec~~you are more than welcome, what are friends for :-) :-)
You just have fun deciding what you are going to spend them on :-) :-)
Did I give you a link for a Garden Centre, can't remember now.

~~~~~~~to friends not mentioned <3 will try and catch up again.

You all take care and be good :-) :-)

Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 13 Apr 2014 17:19

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's a lovely day here in South West Wales. Sunny with a bit of a breeze.

Nothing of any great interest to report today! :-D

Daughter and Granddaughters 1 and 2 have been really ill with a bad virus- vomiting, runs, flu-like symptoms since the middle of the week.
Son.I.L had it first but he plodded on through most of it. He's a very hard worker, my daughter has been very lucky. He's an excellent Step-Father to my eldest 2 Granddaughters and is good to Grandson 1, although we have raised him.

It's a difficult transition period for me again, now that Grandson 1 is going on 15. We used to do a lot of things together, including walking days out. He is now spending more and more time with friends (and rightly so) than with us. As he is still young, it means I need to be available for emergencies. So I am a bit in "limbo" so to speak.

I have discovered FILES! :-D :-D
I have been busy filing EVERYTHING on my laptop! From links, to Downloaded Census' / Records in Family Files, to photos, to documents! I'M TURNING INTO MONICA FROM FRIENDS :-0 :-0 :-D :-D :-D
It does make everything easier to find, with the exception of newly saved things, as now they are being sent into any old file :-| and I have to track them down and put them into the correct files! :-D

:-)SHAUN-
How are you now, following the journey to the cancelled appointment? :-| :-| :-(

:-)TEC-
I'm so glad that you are pleased with the vouchers. Reading of your pleasure and excitement with the planning of what to buy, gives us great pleasure too! :-) :-)
Hope your Shrewsbury Hospital visit goes well and that you will enjoy your trip to Dobies afterwards.

:-) JUDE-
Well done you! What a lovely compliment that was! A well deserved pat on the back meethinks!
Well done to your son in the Brighton Marathon :-)
Hope you find someone to do your decking at a reasonable price!

:-)SILVERBUDDY-
I hope that you are recovering from your virus now :-)
I totally agree with you about holidays. All through the term it's the uniforms, sports kits. making sure that homework is done, that the right books have been put in the bag, transportation etc! :-)
However, on reflection I'm talking about Grandson 1! It wasn't quite the same with my daughter! :-| :-D

:-)ANNG-
Hope you enjoyed your BBQs. Have you managed to do your baskets for the conservatory? You have worked hard in the garden this week :-)

:-)BETHAN-
What a busy girl you are! Please don't exhaust yourself before your holiday though!
Wishing you all the best for your job application- I hope you get it :-)
Yes the top did come out surprisingly well! :-)

:-)MERSEY-
Hope you are still listening to Shaun :-D

Hi~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone not mentioned- Von :-) Diane :-) Sylvia :-) AnnC :-) Sallie :-) Hazel :-)
Hope you are all ok- Love Jem <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Apr 2014 16:03

Well Jude...I don't mind admitting I am one of those plonkers you are talking about :-D ;-)

Hi Bethan its nearly time for your holibobs wow!! Good Look on the job front too, you are a busy ickle bee :-D <3

Shaunie see im here, so I am listening :-D :-D :-D ;-) <3

~~~~~~s to all , and I promise im going to keep on top of all of your news , Mersey's honour :-D ;-) <3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 13 Apr 2014 15:09

Afternoon all ,

Been busy busy busy with the hol prep and nearly ready ! I am going to blitz the house today for a big clean so shhh I'm hiding from the chores ;-)
Something unexpected happened yesterday which is a job has opened up in my dream field which needs to be applied for before I leave so been busy trying to get the application and update CV , I most prob won't get it but it's the first job I am trying for since I had head injury and if I got it , well I think I would cry with happiness lol

Jemima: Aw the present sounds great that your grandson made :-)

AnnInglos: The suitcase is on the floor of bedroom but not packed yet however fiancé is nearly done !

Jude: Sorry to read about the worry you had with you sister *hugs* No sign of neighbours however the goss from a neighbour up the street is there is a huge hole in the ceiling in that house and that's why she moved (found out the next street) Going Tuesday for hol leaving Swansea 2:15am :-\ Well done on part of the best in area with the volunteering . I'm not in now for 2 weeks there due to days I fly but really enjoying and now I'm allowed on tills lol

Shaun: Not gone yet still in sunny Wales :-)

Tec: :-D So pleased you like surprise enjoy your spending :-D

To anyone not mentioned hope you are all well and enjoying sunshine .

Bethan
<3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Apr 2014 13:30

It is a worry for you Jude, I thought your problems were solved when she moved there.
I wonder why it is so difficult to get things done these days, thinking of your decking. I suspect it is expensive because of the amount of wood needed. Does nobody on the site have anyone else they can recommend?

I have been really lucky this week Lol!! I have been to B&Q twice and then this morning............ to American golf where I got to stand and watch OH deliberate over which golf driver he 'needed' to buy. I know how to live.

Actually we had money back from CPP from the card safe insurance we were mis sold way back. OH was finding he wasn't able to use his old driver as well as he had because he is not as strong now so I suggested he use half the money for that. In the end he bought two clubs so it was a bit over half. Still it is a long time since he had new clubs, apparently the last lot second grandson went with him to buy and he must have been in his early teens. Still not to be beaten I managed to find a ladies golf T shirt in a sale for £8 down from about £45.

And we had coffee and shared a scone in Dunelm so not really a wasted morning.

Lovely day here so I might do my baskets this afternoon and hang them in the conservatory :-) :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 13 Apr 2014 12:56

Just to let you know that my son IS NOT RUNNING IN TODAYS LONDON MARATHON.....but did run in last weeks BRIGHTON MARATHON......l think one or 2 of you thought it is today.....plonkers...lol

jude x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 13 Apr 2014 10:11

Morning everyone:)

Beautiful day here, not sure if l should do any gardening yet, we had the quote for the decking.....phewwww :-0 :-0 once we picked ourselves up off the blinky floor we thought well what shall we do. The first one about 2-3 mths ago was way too high, the next 1 was very good but a one man band, most of the time working 1 or 2 days a week!! We rang him nearly 2 weeks ago to talk about it again, left a message with his dad. NO REPLY:-( ..... the next very good too but only one man did the decking the rest would help to clear and prepare,so again 1 or 2 days a week and the decker has now moved to London...so thats out of the question:( ....the next one we rang in Dorset, long way from here we know but he was recommended by daughters friend....l sent him details via email, he has'nt responded to 3 emails and 3 phone calls, so he's out of the question. On the phone he said he travels all over and park homes is his thing....yeh right!!
Thislatest one is from 15 minutes drive away, such a nice bloke, gave us more ideas to make things easier and cheaper, we felt comfy with him too...BUT blinky expensive again.... :-(

SylviaCanada....sorry l forgot to respond to your post re alzheimer's .....

that must have been very worrying for all the family, l hope my sister does'nt get that clever, Unfortunately where my sister is there is no one to watch her through the day unless her carer is with her (2 days a week 3 hrs) ,or the care agency staff are with her,(3 times a day 15 mins each time) so if she is on her own, she has the freedom of the grounds...not good and no one wants to take responsibility !!At one time the receptionist were giving her her meds when the carer was'nt there...THE RECEPTIONIST!!!! l was told by the lady who kept on saying how much they wanted to help...."not to worry,they would look after her" yeh right...since she has been there its been very unsatisfactory...l could say more. Sister does'nt know whats happening from one day to the next. She's coming here for a roastie later, l just hope she does'nt keep argueing with me!!.... :-D

Tec...l can only imagine how excited you are with your vouchers....great innit:)
How are the neighbours dogs??
Madoc has started to wake every morning about 5.30 onwards with a BARK, then scratches the carpet, this has only happened since we went to Scotland and he was in kennels, l think he is getting abit stressed being away now :-( :-( :-( :-(

Ok thats it enough of me..
jude xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Apr 2014 21:22

Happy Spending Tec...we are delighted you liked your surprise :-D :-D <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Apr 2014 20:48

Enjoy Tec, Dobies is good we go to the one in Milton Keynes when we visit our son. The nearest one to here is over near Cirencester so a bit far for us really. Anyway you are bound to find something you need/want :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 12 Apr 2014 19:49

Hello,

Guess what I've been doing? :-D.

It wasn't very bright here today, and I was feeling rather tired anyway. So I spent two hours on the laptop looking at garden centres for ideas on what I can spend my vouchers on. Lots of good ideas :-)

My daughter is taking me for an appointment at Shrewsbury hospital next week, and there just happens to be a huge garden centre quite near by "Dobies".
I have been there before, and they have an excellent stock of plants and garden equipment.
So time allowing, guess where I'll be? :-D Bliss :-) Thank you all so much <3

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 12 Apr 2014 16:39

Jude,

Have made a note of how to find the marathon. Bye.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Apr 2014 15:39

AnnG...l have your craft blog in my favs so when l click on that it comes up with the latest page and entry, but l can't sign into it nor the photo one nor mine, very strange.
Yes l have changed my p/word but thats because l had no choice, but they don't work neever ....lol

SIlverBuddy.....l have pm'd you:)

jude x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Apr 2014 14:50

Jude, I don't know what to suggest about the blogs. Strange that you can get into my craft blog but not the photo blog isn't it? I can get into your blog and the last time you posted anything was September 2013. Is there a help button anywhere I couldn't see one. did you at any time change your password? I can't think why it should not be working for you. Sorry not to be of any help. :-(

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 12 Apr 2014 12:27

Me again,

Jude, What's your son wearing and what was his number I will get it up on iplayer and watch it. Brilliant that he did it. Didn't go to doctor. wasn't bad enough just stayed in bed for 2 days then stayed around the house taking over the counter painkillers to bring down temperature. It's been more that as soon as I think I am over it a few days later I go down again. Let's hope this is the last dose for a very long time. First time out yesterday. Was lovely even if it wasn't for long.

Jem, I used to love the school holidays no more trying to get uniforms, sports kit, swimwear and anything else needed done for school or walking the children back and for if needed. Children outside most of the time playing in the fresh air or playing inside with whatever if raining too heavily. Couldn't understand why on earth other Mum's used to moan about the holidays.

Bye again~~~~~~~~~~~to all.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Apr 2014 11:31

Morning everyone:)

Yeh Jem you can rest abit now, no dashing backwards and forwards to school :-)

Sallie...sorry to hear about your relations who have dementia/alzheimers and anyone else on here that has the same situation, such a very cruel disease/condition. Good to see you here.How are the family?? When you next in the area?

Bethan...hows you today and hows the volunteering. l was at my station yesterday afternoon adding books to the online site. The manager is usually in then as well, she suddenly said..."Oh l do like Fri's"...why says l what you after..lol."nothing hones"t she said "its the staff that are on, you are all so easy to work with"...we have also been voted the best in her area managers area and have the highest sales/percentages etc....so yippeeeee to US:)

Von .... l do like your picture on Anns blog :-)...is it a silk screen?

AnnG....l have tried so hard to sign in to all the blogs mine included and it won't except my p/words, l have tried opening a new account so many times its driving me mad. It keeps asking for my mobile phone number and l don't want to give it, nor my landline....SO ANY SUGGESTIONS?? l can look at the card/craft blog of yours, but thats it :-) :-)

Shaun...what havoc are you causing today?? Did your mates come yesterday.Hope your OH enjoyed her time at the farm??

Tec...bet you are having fun deciding what to buy with your vouchers?

SilverBuddy...hope you're feeling better today, what have the Drs said.

Diane...l owe you a pm sorry for delay. Hope you are OK?

Hazel...Hope you and family are doing better now??

Did l tell you that our son did the Brighton Marathon last Sunday...his time was 4hrs 5 mins...5 mins better than last year:)))) watched it on channel 4 this morning, had me crying watching some of those runners(its on again on Wed 2.45am). London tomorrow, no doubt l'll be crying again...what am l like..lol

Just done a pile or ironing...phewww
Ok thats it, must shower me thinks.

~~~~~~~~to everyone:)

jude xx

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 12 Apr 2014 11:27

Hello all,

Tec, Oh to have been a fly on the wall watching as you opened the surprise package. Enjoy the vouchers. Lots of shall I get this or do I want that. Maybe something that both you and the Duchess would like if she was able to help you choose. My emoticons never work.

Bye for now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to everyone have a good day.

Diane

Diane Report 11 Apr 2014 23:31

Tec <3
Hope you have many hour's of pleasure in your beloved garden once you are able to get out there :-)