General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 4 + 1 of 834

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Jun 2016 15:54

Booooooooooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Ann thank you for adding Jude's message I must send her a email.

Jem what lovely photos, Welsh Mountain X Welsh Cob, good strong boned for land work and not forgetting the pit pony's.
I had a chuckle when I saw what you and Kandj added to your rugby thread very thoughtful of you both xx. I did not even know there was any rugby on.

Von hope you are ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone got to go

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 May 2016 16:07

Your photos are very good Jem. The horse and foal are very sturdy aren't they? Are they traveller's or gypsie's horses?

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 31 May 2016 12:28

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's sunny but quite windy, here in South West Wales!
I was hoping to go out for a walk and picnic later, so we'll see!

We had a little walk on the nearby Coastal Path yesterday. The bit we did for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
I was hoping to see the 3 black and white horses by the gate again and was disappointed when they were not there.

Further down the lane is an old derelict farmhouse and they were there, and not alone.
There was a young foal. I tried to take a photograph, but 2 of the horses, very likely Mum and Dad, shielded the foal from our view then ran with it up the field.
Very good parenting but disappointing for us.

Further down the lane is one of the big fields where we saw more horses on our last walk. This time there was a mare and a new born foal. This time the mare rushed over to us, with foal in tow.
She was so friendly and allowed us to stroke both her and the foal.
We were so excited as was a passing cyclist, who also took lots of photos on his phone.

In hindsight, I'm not sure if it was wise of the Mum to be so friendly. You get some horrible people about, but she is probably used to walkers along the Coastal path.

Here they are-

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/34883595

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/34891390

And you may just see a bee having a drink from a red campion on this one!

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/34892633

I love taking photos, as you can see! Wish I was a good as Ann, though!:-)

Shaun :-)
Lovely to see you posting, as you must be up to your eyes in problems including your own health problems.
I anticipated you would not be able to join in with Radio Jem last Sunday, so BY PROXY ;-) I added your sentiments a few times :-D :-D :-D

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1359838

Brenda :-)
Good to see you. Sorry you are having these problems.

Tec <3

~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Love Jem <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 29 May 2016 18:56

GlossyAnn, Thanks. For some reason I always have trouble with that site , so don't bother to use it that much.

Must dash am in the middle of cooking dinner.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 May 2016 16:12

Yvonne I have done that and she says thank you.

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 29 May 2016 15:08

GlossyAnn, I have just been on Facebook (borrowed a family members page) to tell Jude how sorry I was to hear the news about Madoc but as I cannot seem to navigate my way around that site would you please pass on my sympathies to her.

Thanks.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 May 2016 10:17

Shaun.... From Jude.....please thank Shaun so very much, he has an awful lot oh his plate at present and never forgets others. l had a lovely e-card from him as well....love to him and M..xx

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 28 May 2016 21:14

Sorry. Not been posting for a while...have had some family problems and still not got my gull problem sorted...hope fully this Tues.they are still nesting 4th nest..am fed up with it now......have had a few lessons in the breeding habits of gulls from the chap who flies the falcon.never too old to learn!

Warning to everyone..check your bank statements ..I have had 2 this week .One was from bird and pest co.to say Imy account was outstanding...and I paid it on March 4th.The other from energy co who retook £298 that was paid in Jan...a lot of elderly folk can be taking for granted that the figures are right.I check everything these days as since credit cards came into use ,a lot of mistakes are made.
I have sorted it,but it should never happen.

Shaun.you do have your problems.I just hope they can ease for you.

A lot of you are suffering aches and pains.Hope the warmer weather helps.
Thinking of all of you and will try to not leave so long before I post.
<3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 May 2016 19:53

Hey-Up Everyone :-)

Catching up with you and about time too .

Hazel how lovely to hear from you, sorry you are having health problems hope you can get some pain relief, yes we have got to try and push on with things.

Jem “where is my Blackpool rock”? sorry you are still not well hope you can also get some pain relief. The photos are great thank you for sharing.

Hello LaGooner welcome to the mad-house, hope you are in good or goodish fettle.

Ann what a lovely load of photos you have added to your blog, thank you for sharing, I’m hoping to get my camera out soon and spy on the birds. Thank you for letting us know about Jude and Vic loosing lovely Madoc we get so attached to our four legged friends don’t we . Please give them our love and that we are thinking of their sad loss.

Bethan that is brilliant news congratulations to you both. Have you informed the Mad Cats about this?

Von how are you getting on with your exhibition? Hope you are feeling better health wise.

Linda “ your back” where have you been now? You girls are never at home, now I’m in the dog-house. Thank you for updating us on our Tec. I wouldn’t say he was silly it’s called determination or some may say stubborn.

Tec if you are able to look into the mad-house we are thinking of you my friend, you keep on being silly we boys have got to stick together.

Sylvia hope you are all okay in the Rockies .

Sugarandspice sorry to read that you have lost your cat, yes they do creep into our hearts as soon as we get them. Hope you are all managing.

Mersey great to see you, hope you and nan are managing.

Sallie I hope you are improving with your health and also that Alun is doing okay.

Barbra,Brenda,Sue,AnnCardiff hope you are okay.

That’s my lot folks.

Time to hit the sack.

Night Night

Shaun
<3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 May 2016 16:25

Aaw Shaun, You and yours have had some problems haven't you. Thankfully your OH had not done any lasting damage but it sounds as if it didn't help your problems especially your back.
It is good to hear that your mum has gone back to the nursing home anyway. That Cdiff is annoying and it shouldn't happen.

~~~~~~ Jem <3 <3

And~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone else. :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 May 2016 16:20

Mersey, from Jude....Aw bless thanks Mersey..

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 May 2016 15:29

oooooooo Shaunnie! :-0 :-0

Sending <3 <3 <3 to you, M and Mum xxx

Also sending love to Tec <3

~~~~~~~ to S&S :-) <3
Sorry to hear about your son's cat :-( .They give us so much love and pleasure. It is always so very sad when pets leave us!
I hope you have a great holiday :-)

Thankyou for the news about Tec, Linda :-)<3
Hope everyone is well with you and yours :-)

~~~~~~~~~ to Von<3 Mersey <3 Ann <3 and Bethan <3
and all Welsh Thread Friends <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 May 2016 13:06

Oh dear Shaun, your poor mum is certainly going through it. I am glad she is back at the nursing home.

Your poor OH has been through it as well. It is a pity that you couldn't have phoned a neighbour to help you get her up. I am sorry you hurt your back. You don't sound to be good yourself, I hope you are due for some good luck soon

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 May 2016 12:43

Hello Everyone,

Just done this word/doc not long got back home, feels like ages since I last had a chat with you so I will read back later. Mum returned to the nursing home yesterday, she has been through the mill after getting a hospital bug ie; c-diff now she’s back with her wagging finger .

OH has also been in a right state after having a fall last week, she is confused more and ever now, we were walking to the vehicle down the side of the house when it happened; I pulled a muscle in my back trying to get her up, in the end I had to get the vehicle alongside of her, pulled the seatbelt out so she could help me so I could help her if you know what I means after about 40 minutes between us pulling and tugging she was perched on the side of seat. Thankfully after having x-rays against her wishes no damage was done. I have had a 3 hospital check-ups and after all the medication I have been taking the rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis/ arthritis is in overdrive and spreading, only thing the meds have done is to play havoc with the tummy but hey-oh I will push on.

I hope you are all in good fettle or goodish fettle and been good like me, will reply to pms and emails and read back before Christmas.
The funny one off the mountain.

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 May 2016 08:38

~~~~~~~~~s to Shaunie and friends <3 <3 <3

Just wanted to say hi and say many many congratulations to Bethan, such lovely
news <3 <3

Sorry to hear about Maddoc and send Jude <3

Tec <3

To all I hope you are well <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 May 2016 13:30

Just an update on Tec, I spoke to him briefly yesterday, but the nurse arrived, so I had to ring off.

The infection he had has cleared up, but he has been in a lot of pain this week with his back and chest. He thinks it may be because he decided to strip and sand down the bottom of his front door a couple of weeks ago, so he was bending over and leaning on the side of his wheelchair. I told him what a silly man he was. It might be that, or it could be the cancer of course :-(

I will check how he is next week

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 27 May 2016 10:06

Morning all,

GlossyAnn, Just read the news about Madoc. they will be heart sore at the moment as he was a very loved dog. Pass my sympathies on to them. Our pets creep into our hearts 5 minutes after we have them. Son yesterday had to have their very loved cat put down she was 15 nearly 16 years old.. Loved the photo's as usual you have done a great job.

Bethan, Wonderful news congratulations to you and your husband hope the pregnancy goes really well.

Jem, We as a family will be going to a Haven caravan site for a a yearly family get together soon. Hope our place is as good as yours was. Will update you all
when we get back.

Von, We are dog sitting at the moment as another son is away on his hols.This one is a sedate lady of 7 years old and doesn't even try and run for a ball if it is thrown.

Sylvia, Hope all is well in Canada.

Linda, Glad you had a nice time away. Hope Tec is doing OK.

Shaun, I hope things at home and with Mum are not too bad.

Bye for now.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2016 10:02

Sylvia from jude

Aww thank you Sylvia, yes he was special....we found it hard this morning without him.....xxxx

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 27 May 2016 09:30

Thank you for the congrats :)

Ann in glos please tell Jude I'm sorry, I remember her telling stories of Madoc on here :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2016 08:29

Von and Jem, Jude says to say thank you.
Sylvia, will do!