General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 3 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 27 Jan 2011 12:35

Ooo hello Shaun......l live in Monmouth SWales, not born and bred there though. Was born Thorny Island Hants and lived all my life in Worthing W Sussex until 2002 when we moved here. Best thing we ever did, its a dream come true living here.....beautiful:o))

We're having a meeting in Abergervenny in April (?) not decided on a date yet, anyone want to join please say. The thread is on the General Board:o)

Take care
jude :o) x

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 27 Jan 2011 13:04

Bore Da to you Shaun,

Your Welsh thread seems to have got off to a flying start, well done,
da iawn, long may it continue.

Tec.

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 27 Jan 2011 13:51

Afternoon all
in 1980 we moved to Menai Bridge on Anglesey
and lived there for just over 2 years
Red Wharf bay was one of our favourite places
I used to take the children there most days though out the summer holidays
I remember the Carnival where the Carnival Queen and her Court came by boat up the Menai straits ant then on a lorry float through the streets and up to the school fields
fond memories just thought I would share them with you
Jenxx

Merlin

Merlin Report 27 Jan 2011 14:14

Well,being born in Penrhyn Bay and family from Llandillo yn Rhos, I suppose I qualify.**M**

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 27 Jan 2011 14:15

S'mae Shaun~~ and all participants~~~~.

I'm not from Abergavenny, but close, wasn't born there or ever lived there.

No , not been up on Hay Bluff, although my job took me as far afield as that.
I always pick wild mushrooms, dad loved them , but wouldn't risk the ones on the Bluff.lol.. as for putting them into a mutton stew :))must save a few £'s on going to the pub to get merry :))

To explain..Dianne had put Good lick instead of Good luck ,lol in her post, she's edited it now,she won't mind me explaining that, cos we all have a good time on Sue's Aussie thread, the lovely Tec and Perserphone are regular poster on there too,
You can spell check your posting by clicking on the right hand mouse button ( any incorrect word on my PC comes up red underlined ),and spell check will pop up... well it will if you have it in your settings on your PC. Mine is an 'ancient' PC which hubby built, so I sometimes have click on it twice.
The Edit function is on YOUR posting on the same line as your name .. half way across,........... if you have posted something and afterwards want to add or alter that posting click on Edit and you get a screen where you can change anything.
Hope that explains it and I not teaching my granny to suck eggs.LOL

If I use the laptop, it doesn't automatically spell check in GR, it's hubby's not mine so I don't mess about with the settings ! Might get son to do it:)

Llan'dod eh:) Is the Metropole still going strong ?, we used to have quite a few of our annual works consultation meetings there, then ended up in a lovely little pub down by the railway ( if my memory serves me right )

~~~ to Shimms, how's you , you haven't opened my last pm :(
Hope things are fine with you hun:)

Speak soon, must put my washing on the drier... a woman's work is never done !

Sandie.x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jan 2011 16:01

I suspect Hay on Wye has a Hereford postcode because postcodes are linked to nearest large town/city and Hereford is the nearest to hay on Wye.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jan 2011 18:51

Noswaith dda , How are you all ? enjoying the chat and banter.
Yes the Metropol his still going Sandie although there was talk that it changed hands. My most visited pud his The Lamb & Flag at Rhayader you cannot beat there Sunday lunches.
Merlin, Croeso to the thread. Hello Jen from Ynys Mon I have stayed at Amlwch, Benllech, Pentraeth my favourite place his Beaumaris.
Spring chicken ha thanks Islandin The Snow, where is this Island?
Well must dash,good health to you all.
shaun

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 27 Jan 2011 19:39

DIZZI,

You cannot leave that statement hanging in the air........do tell!

Annx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Jan 2011 20:37

Nos da:-))

S x

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 27 Jan 2011 20:46

ANN
DO YOU GET CONFUSED EASY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE

GRANDAD BORN CARDIFF 3 OF 4 CHILDREN OF A B ATTLEAXE TYPE
DO AS I SAY OR ELSE WOMAN,ONLY THING IS THE OLDER TWO HAD NO DAD,,SHEM ,MARRIED 1874 ,,,,,,, GRANDAD BORN 1875,,,IN 1876 SHE RAN OFF WITH THE ;LODGER,ANOTHER KID,,AN LIVED WITH LODGER
FOR 30 YEARS,,MARRIED HIM I N 1907,,,AN NONE OF MY FAMILY KNEW

MUMS EASIER GRANDAD AND GREATGRANDAD WERE GOLF PRO'S
SHE WAS BORN IN A COTTAGE ALONG THE FAIRWA

*~~*Posh*~~*

*~~*Posh*~~* Report 27 Jan 2011 21:19

Noswaith dda i bawb ... Hyderaf eich bod i gyd yn dda?

I am not Welsh but I have lived here for some time now. Its a lovely country and the people are great. I can't see me moving from here...I have done enough moving around! :-) xx

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 27 Jan 2011 21:24

Dizzi,

What a relief! I thought she had given birth on the green!!

My grandad always called his Mother-in-Law a battleaxe and if he could avoid her he would! She had my nan in 1905......father unknown then married in 1906 having 3 more children and left my nan with her grandma!

My nan never forgive the husband of her mother for shunning her, but luckily she became very close to her siblings, so her mother must have kept contact whilst she was growing up. My mum remembers going to liverpool with my nan and being dragged into a doorway to hide, as the man in question was walking along the pavement,,,,,he was a policeman!

Annx

Nicky 'n' Steve

Nicky 'n' Steve Report 27 Jan 2011 21:28

I've got Welsh g-grandparents and me & N had a weeks holiday in a cottage in Rhayader last summer, so I am barging in :P :D

~S~

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 27 Jan 2011 22:07

Hi All..
I was born in Pontypridd and have lived all my life in South Wales. My Dad was born in Abercynon and raised in Ynysybwl. My Mum however was born and raised in England but has now lost her Geordie accent.

Alyson

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Jan 2011 10:32

Bore da to you all.
Posh welcome to the thresd, are you related to Beck's?
Nicky `n` Steve welcome, hope you enjoyed your stay in Rhayader,did you call in at the Lamb & Flag?
Alyson Welcome, Pontypridd ha lovely area. Sue Maid thank you for your Nos da .Have you finished your washing yet Sandie. Dizzi thank you for confusing every body on the thread! We had some of that white powdery stuff yesterday
thank goodness it did not stick, I think we have had enough now. Did anybody else have any snow? Did any of you see Planet Earth last night on BBC 1, very good I thought until they had a meal of rotted down birds, I was very close to bringing up my mutton stew. Well folks take care.
lechyd da
Shaun

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 28 Jan 2011 10:46

Hello Shaun - I hope you are well. It never snows here although it sometimes does up in the highlands - about 1 hour drive from where I live. It's very warm and humid here but it always is in January.

I don't like the sound of that show - eating rotten birds doesn't do much for me:-))

S x

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 28 Jan 2011 12:43

Bore da Shaun and everyone,

No snow here recently. When it snowed in December even the beach was covered right down to the waters edge, which is very unusual.
I didn't watch Planet Earth, which is just as well by the sound of it - rotten birds ugh!

Hope everyone is having a good day, brilliant sunshine here, but very cold.

Hi Sue - Shouldn't you be in bed?

Hwyl fawr,

Tec.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Jan 2011 13:36

P'nawn da ( Good Afternoon) Sue Maid it's 1oclock here what would the time be with you? Tecwyn,P'nawn da, Sunshine here to but very cold.
P'nawn da ,Island In The Snow. I agree Pembrokeshire is lovely.
Annie G, P'nawn da. Great news, if you can see Sandie from your lounge could you let me know when she's heading for Hay Bluff, she loves those funny mushrooms.
Back this evening
lechyd da
Shaun

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 28 Jan 2011 14:29

Shaun~~~

Wash your mouth out...lol.... I told you you I've never been up the Bluff. :))
The magic ones don't grow up here, in fact none do.. mushrooms( not of that kind) ordinary ones do in my home village area. Too bl@@dy cold for any of them to grow up here !

Dizzi~~
I'm glad your ancestor wasn't actually born on the green at the golf club :))

~~~~~ to Annie G, can't quite see you from here hun **

Sandie.x

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Jan 2011 14:33

Well when you were three Shaun, I could have done with a few of those funny mushrooms, used to do Pen y Fan ( The Fan Dance ) not too far from you. Good weather Great. Bad Weather ( Most Times ) B Evil .Think I prefer Camelot.**M**.