General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

being ignored

Page 0 + 1 of 124

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 20:46

Does anyone else comment on a thread & get no responce .
I have been on GR a couple of yrs & am finding it is very clique.
I have found some good people on here & love the chats .but its
no wonder people leave ?? :-(

Wend

Wend Report 3 Nov 2011 20:54

Yes, quite often Barbara. It used to upset me, but not anymore. Mostly, I think it's nothing personal.

Please keep posting! :-D

Edit to add - Any chance of making the London Meet next March?

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Nov 2011 21:02

Rubbish - sorry Barbra but all the threads seem to be going along just fine and everyone is chatting happily.

Sue

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:05

Thanks Wend :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Nov 2011 21:14

"Does anyone else comment on a thread & get no responce"

Well - I'm wrong obviously it does happen lol

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:17

Didnt take you long Sue .to comment .proves my point I am allowed my opinion if i think its Clique I will say so .we had some really funny people on here & they dont post anymore CC Allan .remember the pantamine thread . it brought folk together even if it was cyber .shame !!

Wend

Wend Report 3 Nov 2011 21:19

Any chance of coming to the London Meet next March, SueMaid - I'd love to meet you.

Just wishful thinking - I know you're Down Under :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:22

Nowt on the TV so thought would start a thread ..have known Sue Maid since very early days on here . ;-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Nov 2011 21:24

Barbra - you don't put a thread up if you're not interested in other people's opinion.

Wend - if you'd like to pay my airfare I'd love to come to your London meet. You wouldn't have to pay accommodation - I have family in London :-D Would love to meet you too.

S x

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 3 Nov 2011 21:29

Yes Barbra, I have been here since 2003 post now more than I used to, found I always killed threads. People on here are so quick, so whitty and I feel out of my depth. My problem is I like to talk to people face to face, same when using phone. Yes it can become clicky but only because peeps have meet or persevere. ;-)

Carol

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:36

Ah well i am .but when i add to thread dont get any responce .thats my point .but as wend says it does happen .who is that on your photo ?

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 3 Nov 2011 21:36

Yeah most of the time, I have been here years on and off ;-) and I dont find it clicky.....I do try and acknwledge people when they reply to anything I have posted..

Yooooohooooooooooo Suemaid morning darlink ~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening ladies :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 3 Nov 2011 21:38

often:(....but l probably say silly things, and sometimes when peeps do post, ldon't know what to say back, so if l appear to ignore anyone...l'm sorry :-(

jude :-( ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:38

Hya carol
Thanks for your reply Take care Barbra x

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Nov 2011 21:39

Hello Empress - mwahh :-)

Sue

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Nov 2011 21:40

you are all to quick for me, as i am posting .there are three replies :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2011 21:45

I unintentionally ignored a couple of people on a thread this week.

So if you have ever felt that i have ignored you Barbra......it was not intentional honestly.

:-) x

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 3 Nov 2011 21:47

I was devastated PH :-(

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Nov 2011 21:47

Are you sure PH? :-D

Sue

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2011 21:48

Thats a good point you made there Barbra...

Sometimes replies come so quick.............that it comes across as a post being ignored.

Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it!! :-D