General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nite Nite:)....or good morning:)

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 25 Feb 2012 22:00

......see you all tomorrow :-D

We're having roast brisket, roast pots, r/parsnip, r/carrots, leeks and peas :-D...ooops and yorkshires :-D

jude ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Feb 2012 22:02

what time you serving up? :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 25 Feb 2012 22:05

About 5.30pm or there abouts, why you coming?? :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Feb 2012 22:58

you'd have a fit if I turned up!!!

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 25 Feb 2012 23:01

good night Jude, were having roast chicken, my fav :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 26 Feb 2012 00:13

I think I will have to do a stew, as I haven't got my main oven fixed yet.

But I will be having dumplings with it.

There may may room in the little (not very good ), oven for some roast potatoes. (some cheating ones from the supermarket) So I will still have a good meal.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 26 Feb 2012 10:04

Morning:)

The brisket is in, will add some water in a mo along with an onion :-D

TABTF.....your stew sounds lovely....nothing wrong with cheating on the spuds, just love dumplings.

l'll have to make extra spuds here as AnnCardiff might join us, hope she likes parsnips, the DIY neighbour will be here too, bless him, he's a gooden, he does bits of electrical jobs and puter stuff, brilliant on advice re electricals etc andoften won't take cash payments, says "another dinner will be great" :-D

Stray...enjoy your chicken, we had that last week, sister does'nt eat red meats, and she was here last week, so we goes mad when she's not :-D

jude ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Feb 2012 12:40

We are having chicken, although not until this evening. :-) I think I can smell your brisket Jude! Or maybe it is our neighbours, it smells good anyway so shall have to go and get some lunch.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 26 Feb 2012 21:19

Jude, your DIY neighbour sounds lovely. What a great arrangement. Hope you and he enjoyed dinner. Did Ann in Cardiff turn up?

I didn't eat the stew. Have (more or less ) cooked it, except for adding the dumplings and doing the roast spuds.

Son is working all day, and will be doing a sleep-in tonight. SO will warm it up, add dumplings tomorrow, so we can both have some.

Did my self a rice dish with sardines, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, baby peas, garlic sweet corn , chillies, etc.
Quite tasty, and a bit of a treat.

Ann hope that you enjoy your chicken
I too love brisket, trouble is, I eat too much of it.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 27 Feb 2012 22:16

Evening :-)

The brisket was gorgeous, melted in the mouth :-D

Silly neighbour forgot to come round, he did'nt realise it was deffinate, he came in this morning to use the printer and had a nice surprise....took it home with gravy jug right chuffed :-D

We are lucky with a few neighbours, we all help each other out :-D

Ress...did you enjoy your stew this evening then?? Not sure l like the idea of sardines with rice, but then l've never tried it!

AnnCardif....where were you then, l did extra veg, but me sister turned up and ate them :-D :-D :-P

Nite nite

jude xx

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 2 Mar 2012 19:37

Sorry have been distracted. Rice dish and stew were ok but could have been (a lot) better.

Am having rather a dismal week in the kitchen, I think it must be C--K-up Cooking Week in my house.

1) Left oven on when I thought that I had turned it off. (Lamb chops very nearly cooked to perfection, so turned off oven, and left them in it for a little while to finish off, while I did something else. Got distracted, so left them longer than I intended. Smell of charred meat alerted me... oven still on and meat was horrible.

"2) Measured out rice and water in saucepan, ready to cook later.Only to find later that I had turned ring on under the saucepan, result....some not very nice rice.

3) Left saucepan to side (but still on cooker) when I went to eat dinner, after dishing up.
Had left ring on, so one saucepan with rather hot handle

These are just a few examples of my time in the kitchen over the last few days.
Think that I will have to have take-aways or ready meals till I get my brain back!

Hope that everyone elses efforts have been more successful.

Tess

:-(

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 2 Mar 2012 19:43

hiya tessa jude is having a early night, she been busy with family stuff she is enjoying being a gran on the side xxx :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 3 Mar 2012 13:49

Thanks Puss.

Hope that Jude is taking full advantage of being a gran.
The baby on her Avtar looks gorgous!

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 3 Mar 2012 15:40

judeeeeeeeeeee come and say hello, i know your holding the baby but come and say hello. hello `` jude x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Mar 2012 16:14

Jude has deleted herself from the site.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Mar 2012 16:30

shame as she will be missed x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Mar 2012 16:40

Sadly she has done this before, she can't cope with it when there are problems on the boards, she deleted herself Thursday evening I think.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Mar 2012 16:41

she posted yesterday ann i am sure i seen it

lorraineakapuss

lorraineakapuss Report 3 Mar 2012 16:49

Ann i spoke with her yesterday, she is thinking about things atm, and i hope ive talked her into reconsidering, but she is also busy too xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 3 Mar 2012 18:18

Ann

Jude did post yesterday morning on the bite your tongue thread, as I repiled to her. Its a shame when you feel you have to delete yourself because of other peoples silly nonsense, childish behaviour and tantrums and you find yourself drawn in or in the middle of it, but with a new granddaughter to dote and fuss over I am sure she has more important matters to think about then a petty drama on GR...I wish her the best of luck and hope to see back in the future. :-D