General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OMG

Page 2 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppie

poppie Report 1 Aug 2012 14:57

Bring back the old Tree don't like this one

ally6740

ally6740 Report 1 Aug 2012 14:53

what have they done to this lovely site .......its horrid .. :-(

Marion

Marion Report 1 Aug 2012 14:50

Definately not as easy to read as its been! Background is glaring , feels uncomfortable after a while and has lost all character.

PiersFromKent

PiersFromKent Report 1 Aug 2012 14:43

Too bright for me too ;-)

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Aug 2012 14:40

Mersey, I, wear Reactolight Specs and its giving me a headache which I very rarely have.Don,t see why I should pay GR to have them. And no emoticons so I can stick my tongue out .:o((>

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 1 Aug 2012 14:39

Gwyn at the very top near the purple GR logo , you'll se 'Home' then 'Family Tree' in black...click on and should say 'my tree'...though mine's not working when I get to it.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Aug 2012 14:37

I would need the arms of a chimpanzee to type whilst on zoom at 125%

Roy

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Aug 2012 14:36

Your just a grumpy Merlin lol :-D :-D

Frederick

Frederick Report 1 Aug 2012 14:33

Try this, it worked for me, ( members with laptops ) increased zoom level from 100% to 125% and open lid further back, makes screen a shade darker.

F.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Aug 2012 14:33

Where do I look at my tree please?
Can someone please talk me through?
I rarely look at the tree lay-out as I have an off line record, but would like to see how it looks now.
Clicking on various tabs I fail to see where it's gone :-(

Gwyn

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 1 Aug 2012 14:30

Bob, if you click on the numbered stars in your tree, it shows you how many record/tree matches there are for that person.

I have emoticons when I use Google Chrome but not when I use IE. Maybe I need to do something technical???

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Aug 2012 14:26

Ah, Mersey ,So you,ve seen the Light?:o))> No smiley face ,Emoticons gone.:o((>

MaccollFan1

MaccollFan1 Report 1 Aug 2012 14:24

OK just looked at my tree again...

AAARGH! I thought the last 'new tree' was hideous, but this is summink else! :-S

BTW, if there's a space for photos in the tree boxes, why haven't they copied our photos into them? Why just use male and female cliparts?

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Aug 2012 14:21

I sort of like it :-D :-D :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 1 Aug 2012 14:17

I am just outraged that my Great Grandmother looks the same age as I do :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Aug 2012 14:17

what do the numbers in the stars represent?

cant be the order in which the tree was built? can it?

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Aug 2012 14:15

So do I Sue, and its giving me a headache,which I very rarely have, I have sent them a suggestion, hope they might take note and Act on It.**M*.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Aug 2012 14:10

Well, none of us should be expected to change our screen appearance in order to actually read the content of a site we pay for.

I wear tinted specs and even my eyes are fighting to focus whilst typing this :-(

Sue

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Aug 2012 14:10

Ummmmmm

I'm half blind........... where is the Help/Contact us?????

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Aug 2012 14:08

It,s Crap and very slow Keeps going on and off and no emoticons, I think I,ll go and watch paint dry its quicker. If it aint broke why bugger about with it?