General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Countdown

Page 2 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 27 Nov 2012 12:11

Oh even you B deserve a bit of Christmas joy. :-D :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 27 Nov 2012 12:06

It's me, hello Sir Knight!

What gifts have I bought? None

Written cards? No

Doing for xmas? nothin

:-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 27 Nov 2012 11:28

27 Days
12 Hours
32 Minuets

So what gifts have you been out & got?
Have you written all your cards?
What are you doing for Christmas?

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 25 Nov 2012 08:56

How long 'til Christmas?

29 Days
15 Hours
04 Minutes

Not long now :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 11 Nov 2012 11:06

43 Days
12 Hours
54 Minuets to go untill Christmas so hurry up. :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 10 Nov 2012 18:19

44 days to go so you better start to get ready soon.

wisechild

wisechild Report 7 Nov 2012 07:28

Went to buy some charity christmas cards yesterday until I discovered that they were €8 for 5 cards!!!!
I know in theory it´s for charity but by the time I´ve bought 20 plus 20 stamps at 70 cents each it´s a bit beyond my purse.

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 6 Nov 2012 23:13

Hi Teresa,

Its all excitement here ...my friend is Republican, so you can guess her feelings if Romney gets in....then across the road another friend of mine is for Obama....so I don't know who I will be given commiserations too ....LOL think I'll hide on the beach ...

Not long now .... :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 6 Nov 2012 23:04

48 days 0 hours 56 minutes 56 seconds!

:-D

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Nov 2012 21:29

Ooh Stray, I will pop in and get some. I like the odd tot or two :-D

It will be interesting to see who gets in Marilyn, hopefully it won't go on for ages before the results are known

Teresa :-)

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 6 Nov 2012 20:58

Thanks for the tip Stray...I'll be popping down to that store,I need less sweetie things !

Anyway I have just bought 2 Christmas table runners for my two daughter in laws its all very Christmassy here in USA , I will be getting excited....when the bloody elections are over :-S

Now where's Blacknight with the countdown .... :-0

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 6 Nov 2012 19:24

oh i couldnt buy that cooper, id drink it before it wrapped it lol altho i prefer lidle's own irish cream not as sweet ;-) and only £4 a bottle lol

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Nov 2012 19:18

Quick everyone. There is a certain Irish cream yummy drink on offer fro £11 at a certain supermarket where i live. If its on offer in one the others will follow :0)

I got a bottle for my Aunt for Christmas. The first pressie I have bought so far. Well its not exactly the first. I sent my eldest off with Christmas in her suitcases in October. She is working on a cruise liner and will be away for six months. Celebrating Christmas day in the Caribbean lucky thing. :0)

Teresa

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Nov 2012 19:11

SLAPS RON do you have to remind us

i myself are not Reddy opps ;-) ;-)

GinN

GinN Report 6 Nov 2012 19:09

I say every year....."I will ignore Christmas as long as possible, until panic sets in. I will not buy tons of unnecessary food. Everybody will just be given money, even the grandkids. I will DEFINITELY cut down the Christmas card list.
And what have I done today? Bought a dozen presents, a Christmas pudding and assorted nibbles, and 6 packs of cards.

I fall for it every year!

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 4 Nov 2012 01:02

How long 'til Christmas?

50 Days
22 Hours
58 minutes

Not long now.

Well done to you Stray for getting all your shopping done already.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Nov 2012 07:21

thats is so nice of you, hope its a wonderful day for you

wisechild

wisechild Report 3 Nov 2012 07:20

A new Brit couple have just moved to Menorca, so I have invited them for Christmas lunch, knowing that things are not the same here & she won´t have had time to suss out where she can get what she wants, or work out what she can have as a substitute because what she wants isn´t available (eg Xmas pud&cake, mincemeat, suet etc, etc).
Don´t think she actually believes that these things aren´t available. She´ll soon find out.
Have just realised what I have let myself in for, but we Brits have to stick together.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Nov 2012 07:05

wont be long now, but why cant i stop buying? i was done agesssss ago but still i order new stuff lololol

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 3 Nov 2012 00:25

How long 'til Christmas?

51 Days
23 Hours
35 Minutes

...But who's counting? :-)