General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Growing Ginger

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 2 Jan 2013 09:24

Ginger plant now well established in water :-)

It will shortly be potted on.

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2012 23:46

Thanks for that Barbra :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Nov 2012 11:44

Yep Allan crunchie bars in golden wrappers !!.cinder toffee is lose & you buy it as much as you want x :-D

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2012 11:28

Hi Barbra~~~

Is it the same as crunchie toffee?

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Nov 2012 10:54

Cinder toffee now thats a reminder of my youth .you can get it still over here plain &choc covered .the pieces were to big sometimes to put in ones mouth ;-) :-) enjoy your evening Allan ~~~~~~~~~All x

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2012 09:48

David,

I tried for years to 'grow a ginger beer plant, without success. Cinder toffee: is that the same kind as a well known chocalate manufacturer makes? A kind of Honeycomb confection

David

David Report 26 Nov 2012 07:49

When I was a boy I recall my Mother could make ginger beer and cinder toffee.

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2012 06:01

Just googled "Germolene" Still available in Oz

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Nov 2012 00:53

Do they still make Germoline?

I spent my childhood with Germoline knees!

:-D

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2012 00:13

I know Suzanne. My parents once left me on the street corner with a placard around my neck which said 'Free to Good Home' :-D :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Nov 2012 00:09

good points Allan, things we need for our everyday lives,but i just cant lie,blame my parents,,my mum and dad brought us up with morels,and to have manners and to do well at school. OH the trauma i went though as a child :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2012 23:48

My wit? Charm? My ability to lie?? :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 25 Nov 2012 23:43

oh i so know your secret,its so obvious. :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2012 23:42

More mysteries? :-D

'night Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Nov 2012 23:33

Germoline good for getting rid of pimples .xx & i have a secret about Allan it will not pass my lips ;-) night xx :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2012 23:26

lol Suzanne, you forgot the halitosis :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 25 Nov 2012 23:24

just to let you all know that Allans OH is ginger and has pimples,and shes very quiet,you horrible lot,taking the pi## about ginger people and pimples.oh what a life she must have,ginger,bad skin,and she has to endure Allan fondness for BBQing the wildlife in his garden,she needs a medal.......

xxxxx

and i dont want to even think were the Germoline and Vaseline comes into it :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2012 20:53

Germoline, Vaseline: just a 'slip' of the tongue really :-D

Julia

Julia Report 25 Nov 2012 16:23

What about Pink Blancmange. Is it allowed these days. LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

Janet

Janet Report 25 Nov 2012 14:19

Have to agree AnnCardiff, thought the exact same when I read the post. ....sharp intake of breath.-jl