General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

5 and 2 day diet End of Week 3

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Sep 2012 11:26

I was talking to a friend yesterday who has had great success with this diet. It was on Horizon, you choose two days a week when you have only 500 calories, salads, fruit, fish, chicken etc and for the other five days you eat normally. I guess the success lies in how good you are on the five days. My friend wanted to loose some weight before going on holiday so she walks everyday and eats sensibly on the days out of her five that she is at home but when she goes out she eats what she wants.

I like the flexibility of being able to choose your two days and my youngest daughter and I are going to try it. I have chosen Mondays, because I usually eat too much over the weekend and Wednesdays. I think it is probably better to not have consecutive days.

I also will try to walk more and be sensible on most of my five days as I prefer to just get it over and done with rather than trying to stick to it for months. I Googled it and there is a lot of info and positive comments on the net. So I start on Monday.

Wendy :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Sep 2012 11:37

Good luck Wendy.

;-)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Sep 2012 11:47

Thanks PH I reckon it's worth a try

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2012 12:43

Shall be watching how you get on.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Sep 2012 12:54

Ha ha Ann, I'll have to do it now. I was going to say I have nothing to lose and everything to gain but that's a bit back to front in this case.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2012 13:41

:-D :-D :-D

K

K Report 29 Sep 2012 13:45

There was an interesting programme on this earlier in the year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Sep 2012 13:49

Thanks K I will have a look at that now

****Edit...just seen the programme and it looks sensible to me. My friend also lost a stone in 5 weeks.

Anyone want to join me and compare notes on here?

Wendy

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 29 Sep 2012 17:10

My daughter did it for a few weeks and lost the last half stone or so of her post baby weight, back to her normal titchy self again without too much hardship or going without.
Might give it a go myself but will need about a year !! m

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2012 17:14

some recipes here for the 2 days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/9483381/52-diet-healthy-recipes-250-calories-or-less.html

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Sep 2012 19:03

Well done your daughter Maryanna, my friend said she didn't find it hard. I am going out to dinner tonight with friends but will start the diet on Monday for sure, my mind is made up now

Ann thanks for the recipe link I will have a look now. I wish I wasn't allergic to fish as that is low in calories and so plentiful here.

Wendy

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Sep 2012 10:52

Doesn't anybody want to join me in losing a view pounds/kilos before Christmas :-) ;-) :-\

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Oct 2012 10:23

Monday 1st October and day 1 of the 5 & 2 day diet. I hope I can stick to it long
enough to see some good results. Today is a 500 calorie day my other 500 calorie day will be Wednesday or Thursday according to whether I am going out to eat or not. The other five days will be days when I eat normally but sensibly.

I am now weeding the garden a job that I dislike but it will burn some calories and take my mind off of food.

Wendy

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 1 Oct 2012 10:37

Morning Wendy and well done for tackling the weeding! I wont join you for now but will pop in to support you and make sure you are on the straight and narrow :-D

Go girl Go!! :-D :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Oct 2012 10:55

Thank you BC the only reason I have put it on here is that it won't be so easy for me to give up. I just want to lose a stone and then review it agin. :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Oct 2012 11:32

500 calories a day? That's not much.

I'd be chewing off my own leg by dinner time.

So if I chew off both legs, I'll lose weight?

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Oct 2012 11:50

500 calories for 2 days only, eat normally for the rest. You can actually get quite a lot for 500 calories whether you like it on not is another thing!! Anyway a friend lost a stone so I?m giving it a go :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Oct 2012 12:25

I'll give it a go. Got nothing to lose, except half my backside & some of the flab elsewhere!

Had a look at the recipes. Two paper-thin slices of bacon 16gr. Gawd help me.

ONE chicken liver. Yes, I can see the assistant at the deli counter helping me with that lolol

I won't be starting this week, we're both recovering from bad colds!

I'm on my own with this, OH doesn't need to diet. He's about 6' (no idea what that is in cms) and weighs about 100Kg (no idea what that is in stones) and there isn't an ounce of fat on him. He hasn't started calling me "cuddly" yet, but it can't be too far off.

I won't be telling you what I weigh now! I'll give weekly progress reports ~ starting week after this.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Oct 2012 12:26

Just read a book this weekend about the best known preacher of 18th century - Rev George Whitfield.

He followed a Christian fast for 2 days a week, which sounds remarkably similar to this 5+2 diet.

Same generation as John Wesley, who ate and drank rather more. Wesley preached at Whitfield's memorial service in 1771 and outlived him by 33 years (Wesley 88, Whitfield 55).

So conclusion is eat and drink whatever you want - in moderation :-D :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Oct 2012 12:34

Scozz thanks so much for joining me. Have you read all the thread about how to do it. I'm not actually working out all the calorie count as I know from teaching weight management, more or less. My husbands private nickname for me was Squidge or Squidgy but he was happy with the way I am it's me that's not.

I'm looking forward to you joining me

Anyone else up for it, lose a few pounds before Christmas, usually we all leave it too late and decide to diet about the end of November!