General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Our Rach(Rose of the Shires)

Page 1 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 8 Oct 2012 21:43

I just rang Rach's OH .
She has had the op and it went fine.She is a bit uncomfortable but ok and will hopefully be home sometime tomorrow :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 8 Oct 2012 21:44

Love and bestes wishes to Rach:)

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2012 21:59

Hope all went well Rach and that you will soon be up and about and feeling bettervagain

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Oct 2012 22:02

Jane
Thank you for the update.
I hope Rach is back home tomorrow for some TLC and feeling more comfortable.

Gwyn

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Oct 2012 07:18

Hope you will soon be feeling lots better Rach and can get home again.

Lizxx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 9 Oct 2012 08:53

Thanks Jane, good to hear the op went well.

Sue x

Jane

Jane Report 11 Oct 2012 16:51

I just spoke to Rach.Poor old sausage is a bit weepy and sore.Her whole experience at hospital sounds dreadful.Just to keep it short.She was kept on a trolley for 7 hours after her op as there wasn't a bed for her !!!!!!.Also she was pleading for pain relief and not getting any!!!!!!!.
She had to call her GP when she got home for a prescription for pain killers.I hope she puts in a big complaint about her care(or lack of).
She is resting up now...and we did manage to have a few giggles on the phone.
I will give her a call again in a couple of day and see how she is doing.

I said I would let you all know how she is doing.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Oct 2012 16:57

Oh poor Rach, I hope that she puts in a strong complaint about that treatment. How appalling. 7 hours it must have been soon tiring and painful. Which hospital was it do we know?

Please give her my love and I hope the pain will soon ease and she will start to feel an improvement from the op. <3 <3

Jane

Jane Report 11 Oct 2012 17:31

Just Pm'd you Ann.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Oct 2012 18:13

FGS Jane, that is just not acceptable!!! No bed after a GA?

Send her an extra big (((HUG))) and tell her to give 'em hell when she's better which I hope is very soon.

Sue x

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 11 Oct 2012 18:33

Sending all my love, hugs and best wishes to Rach. Hope to see her back on the boards soon.

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 11 Oct 2012 18:43

Jane thanks for letting us know how Rach is,
please send her our love and hope she feels better real soon, xx

Jane

Jane Report 11 Oct 2012 19:11

Sue it is disgraceful isn't it.I was going to say unbelievable but no ,sadly it is believable.As you say a bed should have been available after a GA.I think there were a few other problems too :-S
I will pass on everyone's wishes to her when I next speak.I had hoped to go and see her ,but my son has the use of my car every day to get to work so I am stuck :-S(KIDS :-S)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Oct 2012 19:26

Jane, when I had my shoulder operated on I was booked for a GA and had an allocated bed for overnight if needed. Luckily I didn't and escaped a few hours after the op.

How could they release her from post op care into a bloody corridor? Were they performing obs there? If so she didn't have her dedicated ward nurse did she?

Absolutely atrocious care.

Sue x

Jane

Jane Report 11 Oct 2012 20:17

Sue I think she was in Recovery for the seven hours.( not totally sure).She had oxygen for 24 hours as her sats were low.But just being on a 'trolley' for that length of time was painful for her.(those trolley's are very narrow) and blooming hard :-S :-S.
At least she is at home now in her own bed(which is always the best place)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Oct 2012 20:40

Ah...thanks for explaining that. I'll come down off the ceiling!

You are right, nothing like your own bed :-D

Jane

Jane Report 11 Oct 2012 21:09

It can't be comfortable up there on the ceiling Sue .Glad you have come down now :-D :-D

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 11 Oct 2012 21:24

Oh poor Rach, do give her my love when you next speak with her Jane. x

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Oct 2012 06:38

<3 <3 to Rach, glad shes got it over and done with and hope feeling less sore and resting.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 12 Oct 2012 23:20

Dear Jane

Hello

Would you please pass on my very best wishes for a speedy recovery to Rach.

Glad she is home. Much better than at the hospital.

Take gentle care
Very best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx