General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am gobsmacked and angry ...

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Nov 2012 13:08

And were all the men/women who died, white and christian? To my mind we had at least gurkhas, indians and the west indies. I expect there were non-christians amongst them.

Sound like head teacher needs a strong lecture - however were it me I would put a complaint in writing to the Board of Governors, copying the Head Teacher.

For our tomorrows they gave us their today.

Potty

Potty Report 12 Nov 2012 13:03

Agree with Ann, possibly a safety issue.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Nov 2012 12:44

I think their parents should seek an explanation. maybe some of them (not your Granddaughter and her friends) were causing trouble with the pins? Just a thought.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 12 Nov 2012 12:42

Her indoors didn't mention any reason, but did say some of the teachers were wearing poppies.

Maybe something to do with the school being highly multiracial.

GOD! I`m still shaking with anger.

Julia

Julia Report 12 Nov 2012 12:38

Don't let it lie Jimbob. Take it up with the person rersponsible at the school. I would.

Julia in Derbyshire

wisechild

wisechild Report 12 Nov 2012 12:35

When I was at school, the school always used to sell poppies.
Mind you, that was a few years ago :-(
What reason was given.....if any?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 12 Nov 2012 12:33

In the words of Victor Meldrew........

"I don't believe it" !!! :-|

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 12 Nov 2012 12:30

At what her indoors has just told me. :-|

Apparently last week my 12yr old granddaughter and some others went to school wearing Poppies.
They were made to remove them, I am seething with disgust at the action taken by the staff at this school.
Don't they they know the Poppy is in no way to glorify Wars, it is to remember and pay respect to the many fallen men and women that gave their lives for the right of their children and loved ones to grow up knowing freedom.

All I can say to those despicable persons at that particular school is the catchphrase of Mrs Brown...

"That's nice" :-P