General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

...Puts me to shame...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2012 13:25

My youngest grandson (aged 2) isn't very well at the moment, and managed to wake the whole household (his parents & 2 siblings) up at 5:30 this morning.

His elder sister (aged 10) made use of this unexpected early awakening, by making a few batches of focaccia bread before school - because she doesn't like shop-bought bread :-0

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 13 Nov 2012 14:17

Isn't she the useful one in a family - does not believe wasting precious time.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2012 14:19

Well done her, what a lovely attitude.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 13 Nov 2012 14:38

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

When life hands you a roaring brother, make Focaccia bread.

Sound wisdom from one so young! :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2012 15:27

She is an amazing child. I looked after them for a few hours on Saturday, and she'd made the most delicious cherry cake.
She left me the uneaten half .
......but it's granny who's supposed to bake for the grandchildren.....

:-(

Last month, when her mum (my daughter) had pulled the muscles in her back, grand daughter cooked a roast dinner - and even made the gravy with wine :-D

Island

Island Report 13 Nov 2012 15:45

Wow! What a gift :-D :-D Good for her

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2012 15:56

Granny's staying on the right side of her. <3

6 months or so ago, she borrowed some boots I rarely wear off me for a 'Victorian' day at school. She really liked them and keeps apologising for not bringing them back. Mind you, she's brought back the ones she borrowed last month when she was a Saxon...

The 'Victorian' ones probably fit her properly now, and she really liked them :-D :-D

I expect I'll get them back when she's outgrown them.....

GinN

GinN Report 13 Nov 2012 16:28

What a smashing grandaughter! Lovely to hear about a 10 year old who isn't glued to the telly or a games console all the time. Mine make me tea or coffee, but nothing more ambitious.

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 13 Nov 2012 17:02

Granddaughters are a blessing aren't they mine will pop to the shops for me and is a great help.....mind you she will be 20 next month and usually manages to get a little something for herself at the same time :-)

Do hope the little one sleeps and feels better tonight :-)