General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A bit of a rascal maybe??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Nov 2012 20:00

Type Name Birth Year Age Sex Registration District/Parish County Transcript Image
Household TINKER, Tinker 1845 56 M Ashton under Lyne Lancashire :-0

Kense

Kense Report 18 Nov 2012 20:51

OK I give up. What's this about?

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2012 21:23

Presumably from 1901C. Was his name Tinker TINKER? Even one TINKER would make him rascally :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Nov 2012 21:40

Sure was.....original baptism record online.....what were the parents thinking!

Kense

Kense Report 18 Nov 2012 21:46

He was a rascal because he lied about his age. He was born in 1840.

I was disappointed that there don't seem to be any Tinker Taylors on freebmd.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2012 21:48

Ann :-D

Have you seen Jason Manford, the Manchester comedian? He talks about Neville NEVILLE, the father of Gary and Phil Neville, famous footballers.

He reckons he went for a job and was asked to fill a form in and put Neville in the wrong box. Rather than go back and ask for another form and look a bit of a divvy, he put his other name as Neville also.

Perhaps Mr TINKER had a similar problem with Master TINKER back in 1845 ;-) :-S]

Edit 1840 (ken types quicker than me) :-(

Kense

Kense Report 18 Nov 2012 21:54

He seems to be the only one:

Births Jun 1840 (>99%)

Tinker Tinker Ashton &c 20 118
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1870 (>99%)

TINKER Tinker Stockport 8a 91
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaths Dec 1915 (>99%)

Tinker Tinker 75 Macclesfield 8a 205

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2012 21:59

Do you know names of wife and children. If wife is Susan, would she be listed as S Tinker?

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Nov 2012 22:04

There is another one same village born 1787 ....on FMP you can read the original church record......very strange, as all siblings with run of the mill names. So John I do not think it was a parental error......Tinker Tailors.....have you checked Ken ;-)

Kense

Kense Report 18 Nov 2012 22:25

No Tinker Tailor, or Tinker Taylor. In fact there are not a lot on freebmd who have Tinker as the first name.

There is no one with the surname Beggarman or Thief, there is a Soldier, some Poorman's, lots of Richman's, some Sailor's and quite quite a lot of Spy's.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Nov 2012 23:46

Some heads of household are a little too honest!

BULL, Love Child Charles Wales Son M 6 1905 School Augustines Bristol VIEW :-0

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2012 23:49

Have you ever seen the middle name Benoni. I think it means exactly the same ;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Nov 2012 23:53

Son of my sorrow