General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'M LATE ON PARADE, TODAY.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 12:18

I bet you thought I had gone to St. Elsewhere. I could do with it for the 'bed-rest.'

First thing I was sewing the Christmas Decs. I had knitted and croched for my golden twigs arrangement.

Then I realised the time, and got washed and dressed. I had penciled in some cooking for today, so had to make a start with it.

So, I have made a batch of Toffee Apple Bread and Butter Puddings, for the freezer, because I 'came into' a bag of cooking apples. I have also made for Christmas, some Apple Sauce with Apple Brandy.

Everything I make at the moment seems to have a spirit of one sort or another in it LOLOL

Speaks Later

Julia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 12:33

Be careful what you wish for Julia. Wondered where you were but see you have been busy busy. If you need any help eating the bread and butter puddings give us a shout, they sound delicious.

Merlin

Merlin Report 20 Nov 2012 13:18

Of course Julia, Alcohol is a well known preservative,so keep up the good work. :-D :-D :-D.Ps. thats my excuse anyway. ;-)

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 13:34

Ann, I know what you mean about be "careful what you wish for".
Although I am working extra hard at not going there before Christmas, it will be nothing short of as miracle if I do not, during the next 5 weeks. So long as I'm at home, 5 weeks today, I will think I had a fare deal.

Merlin, I love your excuse.LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Nov 2012 14:06

Hi Julia :-D

You put me to shame lol....Mind you yesterday I did make a batch of chicken curry, its bfs fave......hopefully will get me some brownie points and get me a weekend away fro crimbo shopping LOL ;-)

Got my fingers crossed for you babes....St Elsewhere is BANNED !!! <3

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 14:20

Well Mersey, they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so lets hope the curry works. I bet you already have somewhere nice in mind. And I don't blame you.

They are so used to seeing me at St. Elswhere at Christmas, it makes their celebration. I think they think I am Santa, and have a bag full of pressies. LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Nov 2012 14:24

Hang on..............

"Because i ""came into""a bag of cooking apples."

You haven't been out scrumping have you Julia??? :-0

:-D :-D

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 14:35

That made me chuckle Prickles Babes. My scrumping days are done. Can't climb the trees like I used to.

No, the OH took an elderly friend to hospital the other day, and waited whilst he kept his appointment and bought him back. So, as the OH wouldn't take anything for diesel, he sent a bag of 'cookers' for me. Rather have them than any money.LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 14:41

And there were not many around this year either.

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 14:46

Yes Ann, there was not many around this year, that's why I was glad of them. I did not see much of Damsons around either.

Julia in Derbyshire

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 20 Nov 2012 15:49

Now, now, do not mention St. Elsewhere and Christmas in the same sentence. I FORBID IT!!!!!

Sue x

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 16:01

Talking of apples......... my little man next door usually gives me boxes of cookers but not one this year.

If Merlin says alcohol is a well known preservative I shall look forward to my birthday card from Her Majesty
:-D

Julia

Julia Report 20 Nov 2012 16:12

Sue, I so agree with you.

I'll just have to keep taking the Morphine, and make sure I have plenty in stock.LOLOL

Have you been for your tests for Morphine quantities.yet.?????

Barbibglos, Ditto for me, when not taking the Morphine LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 16:31

Julia,
Have read your posts about St Elsewhere and assume its a hospital. Don,t know what ails you and have wondered for a while. Would it be too rude of me to ask how you are and what you have to cope with. Morphine must be for the pain yes?

I am a bit ignorant to say the least
and a bit nosey as you've probably figured out

Best wishes :-D :-D :-D