General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feel quite chuffed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 24 Nov 2012 13:00

Merlin, good idea. Thanks but I'm not that good.lol.
Paula,I only argue with our sat nav as first time I used it, it tried to send me over a 100ft drop but thats another story. :-0
Thanks for your coments. :-) :-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 23 Nov 2012 17:22

Well done AnnMarie. I am not to bad with IT but find myself arguing with my PC. We do get there in the end, more by luck, trial and error than any expertise. :-S

Merlin

Merlin Report 23 Nov 2012 14:25

Hey, if you,ve done that once, get about and do it half price for others and make a few quid. :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 23 Nov 2012 12:50

Sue, thank you, I like to try to do computor things myself but being of an age (nearer 70 than 60 lol) I find some of it confusing, hence if I cannot do it I ask 'the kids' who are very patient with me. Hubby hasnt a clue, bless him. :-) :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 23 Nov 2012 11:13

Well done, I always install 'stuff' myself. Hubby hates anything to do with computers,,,lolol

Sue x

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 23 Nov 2012 10:55

Thank you so much Elizabeth. much appreciated. xx :-) <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 21 Nov 2012 19:13

Dear AnnMarieG

Hello

Very well done to you!

I hate anything technical.

I feel the stores try get as much money as possible out of the customers.

Congratulations! :-D

Take gentle care
Very best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 20 Nov 2012 20:21

AnninGlos, Believe me, a BIG achievement for me lol. :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 16:49

Well done AnnMarie an achievement indeed.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 20 Nov 2012 16:35

Thank you Maggie & Janet & Carol. :-) :-) :-)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 20 Nov 2012 15:27

:-D

Janet

Janet Report 20 Nov 2012 15:20

Can I be the first to congratulate you. If I had done that I would be ecstatic-jl

Edit.....second...well done...j

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Nov 2012 15:19

Well done!!
However, it has to be stated, that when an IT 'expert' is called to fix a computer problem the first thing they say is'turn it off & on again'

Usually, I've already done that.

Then they're stumped, and appear to follow instructions from a (working) computer - I can do that!!!

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 20 Nov 2012 15:13

I feel really proud of myself.We had a 'new super hub 'delivered today from our internet provider.They said we could install it ourselves or pay them £49.99 and they would do it for us.
Well being quite tight (and skint) I opted to do it myself.
Now, I am not very good with computors etc, usually my son has to come round and write everything down for me to follow but I thought, give it a go and hey presto about an hour later it is all installed and working fine, Thats a first for me, to be able to do it without asking for help.
Not a big thing in the scheme of things I know but feel right chuffed. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D