General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bit squally here

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Nov 2012 12:24

...and lashing it down

Shame, I was going to wash the floors, but can't see any point now - and the mop & bucket are outside :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Nov 2012 12:28

Same here Maggie hasn't stopped all night and all morning, all very soggy!!

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 21 Nov 2012 12:54

Afternoon Maggie.

Why don't you just put the floors outside and let the rain do them for you? :-S :-D :-S :-D :-S :-D :-S

We were supposed to go over to Rowley Regis where hubby and dtr do football training with some younger members of our home-ed group but even that was lost to the weather this morning.

I'm heading to clean the bathroom and toilet now. Wish I could shove them out in the rain :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 21 Nov 2012 14:16

Sun shining here on the Sussex Coast, but the wind is Gale force :-S and due to get worse with lots of rain.Yuk. :-| :-|

Cooper

Cooper Report 21 Nov 2012 14:46

It's been dank and dark here all day on the Essex Suffolk boarder. Oh for a bit of crisp frost and sun to cheer us all up :-D

Teresa

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Nov 2012 14:48

Sun is shining here now, still very wet underfoot and a lot of localised flooding, due mainly it seems to leaves not having been cleared from gutters.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Nov 2012 14:50

Merlin, I believe the rain is headed your way :-D

Jill, if I could re-lay the floors in 5 minutes, I would put them out!!

Teresa, so dark I haven't bothered opening the blinds :-|

Island

Island Report 21 Nov 2012 14:57

Yes maggie, I think it is heading in Merlins direction. The squall arrived in North London about half an hour ago and boy what a hooley! We had a blizzard of leaves - so that's the trees stripped!
Right....never mind floors and toilets - I'm off to find me winter drawers :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 21 Nov 2012 15:18

Left early as it was just getting light for the supermaket and it was tipping down. Couldn't believe the speed of some idiot drivers.
On the way back I experienced the worst flooding conditions in 50 years of driving.

Flooded roads, drains spurting right up in the air and red water coming down from the fields that looked more like lakes. lorries were passing from the opposite direction and completely covering my car. Some roads had been shut.

Nearer home people were busy paddling about with sand bags outside their homes. We were ok here thank god. I have only seen the like before on tv. All drying up now its stopped raining.

My friend was worried about us driving in it, I said no worries, but inside I was a wee bit anxious to get home asap.

Take care all x

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 21 Nov 2012 15:23

It has been wet & windy all day today, down here in Sussex, so Merlin might just have sent it your way Isla.

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Nov 2012 15:54

Wind picked up and the rain came down in Chelmsford about 15-20 minutes ago.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 21 Nov 2012 16:05

Had to hold on to a lampost down the Edgware Road as the wind blew so hard :-D And now *shivers....the sky has gone a funny shade of pink...ooo errr..... :-S

GinN

GinN Report 21 Nov 2012 16:20

Pretty wet and dark all day here in West Norfolk, but tomorrow is meant to be dry and bright - ruddy well better be - I'm going to the hairdressers!
Seriously, though, we never seen to get the extremes other parts of the country suffer, it seems to go around us.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Nov 2012 17:12

BC you know you shouldn't be getting plastered at lunch time :-D Why did you have to hold onto the lampost, was it going to fall over?

GinN

GinN Report 23 Nov 2012 14:28

I hope none of you have been affected by these awful floods and gales. Don't want to appear smug, but we have a beautiful sunny calm day here in West Norfolk! I'm sure we'll pay for it soon.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 23 Nov 2012 15:13

Ann :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Nov 2012 15:53

Lol BC.

We have had a lovely day here until now too. We got home from town an hour ago and now it has just started to rain again. We went to the docks where there was a Victorian Market, about 200 stalls, really good, great atmosphere.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 23 Nov 2012 16:11

Read about the Market Ann, Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Have had a dry day here and went shopping this morning and everywhere was packed and long q,s at the tills, Then I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow and realized everybody would be battening down the hatches ready for another bad day. Lots of roads closed and must say the council and fire services are working really hard. Well done to them all.

Anyway hope you all stay dry and safe and keeeep smiling
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Nov 2012 16:12

Not a good outlook for tomorrow then, we have to drive to Hampshire :-(