General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The constant fluttering in my left ear

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Nov 2012 16:06

Have you tried ear drops? The pharmacist might have some suggestions, or even just stick his finger in your ear for a bit to give you a rest.

Jane

Jane Report 24 Nov 2012 15:56

Sue what is TMJ ?

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Nov 2012 15:48

Jane, it's truly horrible :-(

Sharron, I know people have all sorts of creepy crawlies in their ears but I'm pretty sure it's the vibration from the muscle.

When OH gets home next week I'lll get him to flood the ear with warm oil but I am not holding onto any hope that an insect will be drowned.

Tec, that sounds exactly the same, I hope I don't have it for 3 months! I feel like kicking the cat......fortunately I don't have one ;-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Nov 2012 15:46

I had that "fluttering moth" sensation in my right ear earlier this year, and yes it does drive you insane. Sometimes it would stop for a day, only to start up again.
The only way to stop it was to put my index finger firmly against my ear, or wearing headphones listening to music would block it out.

Suddenly after 3 months it stopped, and I've not had it since. :-)

Tec.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Nov 2012 15:42

It really is possible to have a moth in your ear.My aunt did.

Jane

Jane Report 24 Nov 2012 15:14

OOOh Sue I have had that before .Now I just have blo**y Tinnitus in my right ear.I have my finger permanently waggling in it and it doesn't do a dam* bit of good at all.

Ann that is what that flutter feeling feels like...a moth :-S

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Nov 2012 15:14

Thanks Wend,

I have TMJ disorder and it seems that is one of the causes, will make appointment to see dentist in case he has any suggestions.

Music does affect me too. If I am watching TV with volume at a comfortable level I can bear it. When the damn adverts come on, which they insist on playing much louder than necessary, it gets worse!

I'll get lug 'oles checked for wax but I usually don't suffer from that.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Nov 2012 15:10

lmao, you little devil you ;-)

The only moth is in my purse :-D

It is making me grumpy, yeah what's new?

Seriously it IS driving me off my head :-(

Wend

Wend Report 24 Nov 2012 15:09

I get it too sometimes Sue, particularly when I'm listening to high pitched singing, such as choir boys or sopranos, but not constantly. I'm sure you've googled and there is quite a lot of info about it. Wax in the ear could be one of the reasons.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Nov 2012 15:02

hmmmm - now there used to be someone on these boards who could have given you the cure and the incorrect dosages necessary :-D

now could I suggest you have a moth in your ear ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Nov 2012 14:57

is driving me nuts!!!!!

Started about 3 weeks ago, I have read that it's the membrane muscle constantly in spasm. Fat lot of help that is :-(

The only relief is to push bent finger joint into the ear, but I can't walk around like that!

Anybody else suffer and is there any cure?

Sue x