General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WAS SHORT OF THREE PRESENT IDEAS, NOW SOLVED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 29 Nov 2012 15:16

Not getting out much, I was 3 present ideas short, for 40 somethings.

So, I realised I would have to make something for them.

Rummaging through my wool stocks to see if I had sufficient colours and lengths of appropriate yarns, yesterday I set forth.

I have been able to make eldest daughter a cowl and driving gloves in Raspberry to match, because her other things are more 'house preseents'.

Youngest daughter and friend also got the same, but one set was in Cream flecked Aran, whilst the other set was in coffee trimmed with mustard.

Thank goodness for my wool stash, and set of crochet hooks, coming to my rescue.

Julia in Derbyshire

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 29 Nov 2012 16:12

Lucky daughters and friend, Julia. :-D

They sound very nice presenst. Is it possible to place an order???

Julia

Julia Report 29 Nov 2012 17:13

Thank you John. But with a family the size of mine with children,grandchildren and now great granchildren, you will be a long time in the queue. LOL

Julia in Derbyshire

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 29 Nov 2012 17:37

:-D :-D :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Nov 2012 19:49

Julie I wish I could knit, they sound really lovely :-D

Julia

Julia Report 30 Nov 2012 08:55

Thank you Paula. These were crocheted, but I knit also.

Meant to say that, at times I feel like "the old lady who lived in a shoe" when I do a head count at Christmas present time.
Glad I'm not cooking for them all on Christmas Day LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 30 Nov 2012 09:44

black is my favourite colour ;-) ;-) lol,

sounds wonderful, and so ice that there homemade x