General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh dear I bet he got his leg pulled more than once

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 29 Nov 2012 21:52

Name: CARROLL, Christmas

Registration district: [?] St. Saviour Southwark County: LondonYear of registration: 1892Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar Mother's maiden name: Not available before 1911 Q3Volume no:[?]1DPage no:[?]5

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Nov 2012 21:53

there's also Christmas Knight

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 29 Nov 2012 22:11

Hello Ann.......that's a good one....Christmas as a first name was very popular years ago......you just would not go there now.....I hope!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Nov 2012 23:00

a Mrs Christmas lived in my road and she called her daughter Mary :-(

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 29 Nov 2012 23:11

When searching Cambridgeshire Parish Baptisms I came across the record of a Mary Christmas. I thought it quite unusual at the time, but it seems it wasn't, after all :-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 29 Nov 2012 23:44

One of my rellies was born in NZ in Jun 1887 and his first name was Alexander.
His family returned to Scotland for just a couple of years before immigrating to the US.
I found that on the 1891 census in Scotland, he is entered with the first name of. "Jubilee".
I worked his dob back and found he was born the same week that Queen Vic celebrated her Golden Jubilee!

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 29 Nov 2012 23:57

According to GR there are 2,004 matches for Christmas in the 1911 Census.

1,871 1901
1,518 1891
1,611 1881
1,370 1871
990 1861
1,097 1851
946 1841

I wonder what the dip was in 1861. Trends and figures :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ That's what you get when you've been married to a statistitcian for twenty-six and a half years. :-D

Edit. Try as I might, I can't get those numbers to keep in line with the others. :-(