General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fire at the campsite

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Dec 2012 09:30

For the second time in just over 2years there has been another major fire at the campsite on the evening of the 29th. This time just a bit further down the road from the 1st one. Once again it was amongst those that go from edge to edge of the parcela and once again because of the tin roofs that the Spanish put over the fire spread sideways quickly. It also meant that the airbuckets were not as effective as they could have been from the start but did cause untold damage to other vans. Also not having learnt from the 1st time there was cars parked in the roadways that hampered the fire engines getting to the fire luckily ?? once again an engine went into the field next to the fire to go from there.

I havenĀ“t been to look (amazing really) but from all accounts there are at least 4 casas/vans destroyed totally and another 3 badly damaged. Once again the wind direction saved at least 3-6 others by taking the flames to field side.

After the last fire there was a crack down on metal roofs going over parcelas and parking in the calles it lasted all of 2mths. When will people realise the hazards of building so close and enclosed. Also why do they insist on changing the electricity voltage to gain a few more amps and therefore stopping the breakers from doing their job. (the site clamped down on that also after the last fire)

cause of fire last time ..an old aircon unit being left on when the owners were not there. damage 4 parcelas wiped out total 4 badly damaged.

Cause this time unknown the fire people are still there sifting through the ruins.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Dec 2012 09:49

Worrying Uzzi to those of you who live there. Hope people in your part of the site are more careful.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Dec 2012 10:22

Thankfully Ann where I am most of the parcelas around me are open although the 2 behind are not, at least they are together and open on 3 sides. It does make for a worry mind.

There is 1 couple I feel sorry for and that is an English couple who lost 2 family vans last fire and 3 cars, and this fire was only 2 doors away from their main casa which is beautiful. Hopefully they are not even smoke damaged but I have a feeling that they will be suffering water damage. At this time of year they are out here as they spend the winters here.