General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who wants some dinner then

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 2 Dec 2012 13:34

you'll have to wait til 5pm though as thats when Lissy and her boyfriend are coming round for theirs.

Roast chicken or pot roast beef
roast tatties
Peas, carrots and cabbage with onion and bacon
stuffing,
yorkie puds
chipolatas
gravy

Pud is apple and blackberry crumble

If you are hungry in meantime theres coffee or vanilla cupcakes or iced fairy cakes or spiced apple cake.

d x

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Dec 2012 13:51

Last night I did,

roast pork,
roast spuds,
roast marrow,
swede and carrot mash,
peas,
gravy

almond flavoured rice pudding with apricots

I was busy cooking the meat and completely forgot to put something vege in for me but there really was quite enough there for me to eat anyway.

sandwiches today!

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 2 Dec 2012 13:58

oo that rice pudding sounds nice but i am only one who eats it so rarely get it

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Dec 2012 14:18

My grandfather had a milk pudding for his lunch every day. No matter what it was made with,be it sago,macaroni, tapioca,semolina or even bread and butter pudding,he would call it rice pie so we always have rice pie,whatever it is made with.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Dec 2012 14:46

Dawnie, save some for me it sounds lovely.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Dec 2012 15:00

oh i could eat another mouthful, mam n dad made a huge
toad in the hole
mash
roasties
parsnips
swede
carrots
sprouts
stuffing
gravy

omg i could even manage it all, save me some of tht crumble tho eh, lololol

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Dec 2012 15:43

Wot no mushie peas!!

:-(

Julia

Julia Report 2 Dec 2012 15:49

Prickles Babes, your b*ms hung out enough without Mushie Peas LOLOL

I'm doing Irish Coddled Pork in Sherry, for today, for a change to a 'big dinner'

Julia in Derbyshire

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Dec 2012 15:50

i love mushy peas on a sunday dinner, real ones tho none of this tinned rubbish lol x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Dec 2012 16:00

Lorra laffs Julia.

I'm with you on that one Stray!
;-)

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 2 Dec 2012 16:06

we're southern we dont like mushy peas lol

And we thought when Lissy moved out Sunday dinners would be a thing of the past but theyve asked to come round last two weeks so a mums godda do what a mums godda do lol.

Stray never used to like toad in the hole growing up could eat it if was sausages and yorking pud seperate but not together love it now

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Dec 2012 20:13

Please stop talking about Yorkshire pudding.

I cannot make Yorkshires to save my life.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Dec 2012 05:11

Dawnie, I first had cabbage with onion and bacon in a pub in the Cambridge area, I think it was, and have done it myself since but not for ages. Thanks for reminding me, will do it soon.

O.h. doesn't have dessert as he is diabetic and usually fills up with lots of vegetables but I do love puddings, am looking forward to Christmas dinner at my son's gf's home, no cooking for me and Christmas pud for afters, lovely!

Lizxx

GinN

GinN Report 3 Dec 2012 11:13

Apart from mushy peas, another thing you don't find further south is pease pudding. As an exiled Geordie, I really miss it. I tried making it myself a while back, but "pebble dashed" me specs and most of the kitchen when I used my stick blender on it!